The Gall Of Energy Drink Sc Fans Calling Our Club Man City Lite

Do these guys not realize that Red Bulls branding of their team is far worse than anything CFG does to our club? I was arguing with a Red Bulls fan the other day about this. All NYCFC has to do is change the color of our home jersey and our individuality as a club would be secure. Ive heard Man City fans even claim to be puzzled at how "if NYCFC changed their primary kit, would average fans in New York even think of Man City when they see the team? Because the only giveaway right now in the light blue"

Meanwhile, every single football team owned by Red Bull (and theres several) use the exact same name, colors and logo. They are also forced to use large logos on the front of their jersey, large letters on the back, and Ive even seen marketing on their socks.

You know what bothers some RBNY fans? They fear that as soccer continues to grow with pace, that many young fans will adopt NYCFC. They are afraid of the team with a unique crest that pays homage to its home city. They are afraid of the team with the classy uniform that isnt "in your face". They are afraid of NYers filling up Yankee Stadium and proving again...that NY teams tend to be blue, but never red. Hell, even Sky Blue FC uses orange and blue (they are the women's soccer first division club representing the NY metro area in the NWSL) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Blue_FC

With the exception of the NY Jets and Nets, what other first division team of a major sport does not have blue in their primary colors? And the Nets only recently stopped using blue when they moved into NYC...and tbh I still see them as a Jersey team lol. But let me rephrase my question...whos the only other first division NY metro area team with red as their primary color?

The NEW JERSEY Devils. #NYisBlue

Exactly right. A fanbase calling NYCFC, Man City Lite, is just plain stupid, and screams of grasping for straws. When this fan base is owned by RedBull, its exactly as you said, laughable. Make no mistake about it, All of the teams that Redbulls have, RBNY, SalzBurg, the team in brazil, all of the extreme sporting events they sponsor, the F1 cars, the MotoGP, Redbull Arena, all of it is in the name of one thing, MARKETING!!!! That's not coming from me a former DIE HARD, Metrostars and also Redbull fan that I was, it is coming directly from the Marketing Director of Redbull North America. Just go back and look at the Real Sports piece done on Redbull, I believe it was episode 197, and see what this marketing director says about spending all this money on advertising and buying teams and sponsoring extreme events...it is all MARKETING to them, and it has been very successful for them.

Not only that, the fact that they say look at our jersey's, just like Man City lol.....yes they are similar. But so what? Look at their jerseys and color schemes...same as their other handful of soccer properties. Also, anyone that says that Man City is using NYCFC as a farm team is not smart enough to realize the simple fact that, if Man City really wanted a farm team per se, I doubt they would be putting a team in MLS of all of the leagues to pick from in the world.

I honestly detest redbull, their fans, and their whole idea of existence. I want nothing but losses for them not only the team in Harrison, NJ, but all of their marketing properties. Can't stand them.

so if were man city lite, does that make them Red Bull Salzburg lite?
lol exactly. One thing to be the younger sibling of a team like Manchester City. Totally another thing to be second fiddle to a team like Salzburg lol...

You're not terribly familiar with the UAE's form of monarchy, are you? He and his family do indeed 'rule' Abu Dhabi, a phrasing used by many respected sources, including this Guardian article that should induce vomiting: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations

His half-brother sure is the president, one title in the kingdom and family. And your owner sure is the deputy prime minister, minister of presidential affairs, and the chairman of the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department. The chairman of the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department couldn't bear any responsibility for the judicial system in Abu Dhabi that we're referencing.

Chuckling at the conspiracy theory that I'm an Energy Drinks fan. I want them to go 0-34, but you'll just have to come to terms with the fact that yours is the team that I and others want to fold.

These are simple facts about a human rights travesty, and people here are prioritizing pleasant forum reading over that.
Can we pile on Barcelona then as they are sponsored by Qatar Airways? It is the state sponsored airline for a country that is killing thousands in making the stadiums for what will be the worst World Cup ever? Just asking to see who else we can kvetch about.

lol exactly. One thing to be the younger sibling of a team like Manchester City. Totally another thing to be second fiddle to a team like Salzburg lol...
Ahem........actually Harrison is third in the pecking order.
220px-RB_Leipzig_2010_logo.svg.png

Reactions: S1ARK5 and Mario
Can we pile on Barcelona then as they are sponsored by Qatar Airways? It is the state sponsored airline for a country that is killing thousands in making the stadiums for what will be the worst World Cup ever? Just asking to see who else we can kvetch about.
I wouldnt compare FCB to RBNY.

Barca has tradition, history, colors, and fan ownership that makes it tons different from RBNY. Qatar Airways is simply a shirt sponsor and thats it. They dont call the shots when it comes to the teams operations.

With RBNY, their owner is their shirt sponsor. And this owner has turned the team in NY and elsewhere into carbon copies of one another. Reb Bull has stripped its 5 clubs of their colors, tradition, naming of the stadia, and their history for the most part....and really only cares about how their clubs can benefit the energy drink giant as a whole.

In Barca's case and NYCFC's case....its about establishing football dominance. Football Club Barcelona is about winning trophies first and foremost. City Football Group seems to be about making money from good global football. Red Bulls focus is about using its marketing on all of its subsidiaries, in order to grow its brand and sell energy drinks it seems.

Seriously, no american has the high moral ground if we want to talk world politics. We send remote control airplanes to shoot missiles that kill kids, we torture people, and some states still have laws against sodomy. Pick your human rights abuse and we do it too. Now keep this shit off a soccer message board.
^ This.

Also, I suspect the anti- Gulf talking points are cover for (among other things) by-the-numbers Neocon anti-Arab & anti-Muslim talking points. Once you've heard them a few time, they're as transparent as the "I'm a Revs fan" cover, and the "me-and-my-boyfriend" pinkwashing fabrication.

But don't let these losers make you knee-jerk into helplessness. I for one DO care what owners of companies do. Let's try to change what they do, like pressuring our governments not to prop up monarchies for a start. Or embracing the diversity of our communities. Saying "we can't do anything" is not true: we can. But using foreign politics for nativist point scoring against rival soccer fans also fixes zero. Cause it's NOT the soccer team that's the problem. UNLESS you're a RedBull supporter scared s***less you're no longer the only team in town.

Which explains why these trolls are so suspiciously focused on this one really tendentious way to go after political change in the Gulf. That's just where (most of) the cash is from, and it's an infinitesimally tiny part of the UAE economy that goes into MFG. Much more UAE cash goes into the average "American" bank. And I don't see this saddo leading a march against "foreign capital" in Citigroup.

That these trolls clearly just care about MFG proves their motives are NOT "human rights". In reality, they only care about trying make others not like their own clubs' football rivals. (Think about that. That's REALLY a sad way to spend your days).

But football clubs transcend companies: they are truly the comunities of supporters. Money-men, players, coaches come and go. We remain NYC. And that's what they hate -- and envy - most of all.

Which is, incidentally, why replacing all references to the club with an ad for sugary drinks is so very, very evil. They'll never be a community, just an ad for their owners. Sad.

The most epic of mic drops by Tommy. Might as well close this thread now. Cant beat that post.

I wouldnt compare FCB to RBNY.

Barca has tradition, history, colors, and fan ownership that makes it tons different from RBNY. Qatar Airways is simply a shirt sponsor and thats it. They dont call the shots when it comes to the teams operations.

With RBNY, their owner is their shirt sponsor. And this owner has turned the team in NY and elsewhere into carbon copies of one another. Reb Bull has stripped its 5 clubs of their colors, tradition, naming of the stadia, and their history for the most part....and really only cares about how their clubs can benefit the energy drink giant as a whole.

In Barca's case and NYCFC's case....its about establishing football dominance. Football Club Barcelona is about winning trophies first and foremost. City Football Group seems to be about making money from good global football. Red Bulls focus is about using its marketing on all of its subsidiaries, in order to grow its brand and sell energy drinks it seems.
You are aware that I am a City fan and apparently you are unaware of the term sarcasm. Here's a definition
http://i.word.com/idictionary/sarcasm

Seriously, no american has the high moral ground if we want to talk world politics. We send remote control airplanes to shoot missiles that kill kids, we torture people, and some states still have laws against sodomy. Pick your human rights abuse and we do it too. Now keep this shit off a soccer message board.
100000000% This. Bravo Tom.

Reactions: TommyM
Honestly, who gives a fuck what they call us. I'm more concerned with the amount of NYCFC fans that are so concerned with what RB does or thinks of us.

Until this team starts winning, and stops playing like a suburban high school team, we have no leg to stand on when it comes to these type of arguments.

Reactions: mgarbowski