NYCFC Sign Stiven Mendoza

I think we are pretty clearly at a point where it is a fruitless exercise for us all to try to guess what we can and cannot do from a roster compliance perspective!

yes im going to give up now because too much to keep up with and in the end it doesnt matter when rules change literally half way thru the season ( TAM).

Eligible for selection Sunday...if he gets put in as a sub over Poku I think the supporters section tears down the bleachers.

Poor man's Castillo. If he fits in could be a good pickup.

Reactions: Kjbert
Eligible for selection Sunday...if he gets put in as a sub over Poku I think the supporters section tears down the bleachers.

Poor man's Castillo. If he fits in could be a good pickup.

It all depends on the course of the game, but Poku wouldn't typically be subbed for a forward (Taylor, Villa, Shelton). Mendoza and Mullins would replace those three. Poku would replace Mix, Pirlo, TMac.

Reactions: Kjbert and Majik
First of all: wow, we gave him shirt #9? That doesn't seem like he's intended to be a backup for anyone *or* a depth option.

Second: ESPN claims we're spending the TAM we got for the Andrew Jacobsen trade on buying down Mendoza's salary-

NYCFC adds Steven Mendoza on loan from Corinthians with option to buy http://espnfc.com/new-york-city-fc/story/2827217/nycfc-adds-steven-mendoza-on-loan-from-corinthians

Third, I didn't know that Mendoza won the ISL golden boot last season or that the team he was loaned to won the league.

Official. Steven Mendoza.

"Mendoza has received his P1 visa and is eligible for selection in Sunday's Home Opener against Toronto FC at Yankee Stadium."

That must have been the fastest issuing of a visa for the league ever. I remember years past that a player would be announced but wasn't available for weeks.

First of all: wow, we gave him shirt #9? That doesn't seem like he's intended to be a backup for anyone *or* a depth option.

Second: ESPN claims we're spending the TAM we got for the Andrew Jacobsen trade on buying down Mendoza's salary-

NYCFC adds Steven Mendoza on loan from Corinthians with option to buy http://espnfc.com/new-york-city-fc/story/2827217/nycfc-adds-steven-mendoza-on-loan-from-corinthians

Third, I didn't know that Mendoza won the ISL golden boot last season or that the team he was loaned to won the league.
He's also only 23, so we're really continuing the trend of getting younger and faster.

After watching some video on the kid id say he's a better in prime version of Dane Richards ... And that's not a diss but the kid has BURNERS but a little too heavy of a touch

While knowing nothing about this kid (YouTube highlight reels don't count), reading about his attributes has me more excited about him than any of our other new signings bar Matarrita. We're so short of cover up front, and we've all seen from Shelton's cameo at the start of last season how devastating it can be when you run at defenses with pace. I'm glad we've finally got a pacey option up front who isn't coming off a long-term injury.