Nycfc Trade 2nd Rd Pick For Jeb Brovsky

Don't know much either. One step closer to 2015!
Time to read up on him and watch some videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: einwindir
Important to note it's a 2nd round pick in the 2016 superdraft.

I've had MLS Live for the past 3 years and from what I've seen of Brovsky, he always seemed like a decent fullback, especially going forward. Not sure why he fell out of favor in Montreal. But happy to have made this signing, he'll provide good depth if nothing more.

I have to be honest about it and say I know absolutely nothing about him, but from what I've been seeing on the net, this seems to be quite a solid move by NYCFC.

As a side note, am I the only guy who feels like he loses IQ points every time he clicks onto NYCFC's official Facebook page? Jeez, whoever coined the phrase "you can't fix stupid" must have had the NYCFC FB page in mind.
Sheee-yut.

Know nothing about him like the rest of you, but this gets us closer to a full team so that's a win.

I have to be honest about it and say I know absolutely nothing about him, but from what I've been seeing on the net, this seems to be quite a solid move by NYCFC.

As a side note, am I the only guy who feels like he loses IQ points every time he clicks onto NYCFC's official Facebook page? Jeez, whoever coined the phrase "you can't fix stupid" must have had the NYCFC FB page in mind.
Sheee-yut.

Are people there moaning about this signing or something? Villa was hardly going to be an easy act to follow.

Don't know a damn thing about Brovsky (his name won't ever be forgotten now as the first ever American signing for NYCFC) but evidently Jason Kreis does. Based on achievements (albeit it with another club) he's at least earned the "wait and see" approach. Kreis deserves more respect than this disparaging article by SB Nation. Not that I'm one for whining about media incessantly but no need for this sarcastic headline really. Even if he is an average player so what? We know its not going to be a squad of superstars from top to bottom.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014...world-by-trading-for-jeb-brovsky-hours-before

Perhaps Kreis has seen something Montreal haven't while busy firing all their managers.

Reactions: Paul and nyc tomek
Are people there moaning about this signing or something? Villa was hardly going to be an easy act to follow.

Don't know a damn thing about Brovsky (his name won't ever be forgotten now as the first ever American signing for NYCFC) but evidently Jason Kreis does. Based on achievements (albeit it with another club) he's at least earned the "wait and see" approach. Kreis deserves more respect than this disparaging article by SB Nation. Not that I'm one for whining about media incessantly but no need for this sarcastic headline really. Even if he is an average player so what? We know its not going to be a squad of superstars from top to bottom.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014...world-by-trading-for-jeb-brovsky-hours-before

Perhaps Kreis has seen something Montreal haven't while busy firing all their managers.
People are just saying they aren't familiar with him. No hate at all! The next couple days will surely see a spike in 'Jeb Brovsky' Youtube searches.

The Brovsky thread hasn't been as bad as other threads (yet). I was talking more in general terms about the FB page. There was one maroon saying we should sign more guys like Villa & Lampard rather than Brovsky. oy

Surfing around it looks like quite a few Montreal supporters are upset over this deal.

The Brovsky thread hasn't been as bad as other threads (yet). I was talking more in general terms about the FB page. There was one maroon saying we should sign more guys like Villa & Lampard rather than Brovsky. oy

Surfing around it looks like quite a few Montreal supporters are upset over this deal.

And that's the best sign. If the guys at the former club think he was worth keeping, he's worth a draft pick.

Reactions: Gene
I know nothing about him, but it seems he's a good player from the things I've heard. What position does he play? Also what is his salary?

I know nothing about him, but it seems he's a good player from the things I've heard. What position does he play? Also what is his salary?
Mostly a RB but he can play left and in the holding mid position. I think he makes around $80k so good & cheap.

Reactions: Vito
Poz on here is over the moon... He have been raving about him for ages :cool: