Nycfc Transfers - Summer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
its looking like la might have to trade for extra target allocation, I am not sure we are in a position at all to use ours. Therefore, would anyone want to trade with them?
What can we expect to get out of a trade with them?

Jack mcbean and a draft pick?

They have interesting choices.

He's shown to get up and cross decently but I'm not sure he is defensive enough to be a true LB. that's why I think we'll see Wingert out there until Angelino proves himself. Just reality not what I want.
When and how do you think Angelino gets to prove himself to Kreis? I would imagine if he could not let the attacking player kick it and run past him on an at-will basis, he will have proven himself to me anyway.

Wingers is better at LB than CB, but he is just not very good at either anymore. He will probably be hidden a bit better when/if we have more control in MF, but I don't want that to be an excuse for Kreis to continue giving him minutes. If there is as much of a talent gap as I believe there to be among Wingert and Angelino, I don't see any argument for keeping Angelino on the bench that involves Wingert as being reasonable to anyone but Kreis.

I know you said it's not what you want, just a prediction. For me, it's a fear based on what we've seen Kreis do so far, so I desperately hope you're wrong.

I think Tom in Fairfield CT is trying to temper his fears by using Calle to bridge the gap. I figure it's all the same to Kreis if he has to sit his buddy, so I'm calling for throwing the kid out there and letting him learn on the job.

It just really can't be worse. Quite literally, it CANNOT be worse than what we have seen.

Reactions: Paul
its looking like la might have to trade for extra target allocation, I am not sure we are in a position at all to use ours. Therefore, would anyone want to trade with them?

What is extra target allocation? I sort of think you mean allocation money, but then you talk about us not using ours, so you may mean allocation order. But I don't know why they need to move up in the order, honestly. Did I miss a rumor?

What is extra target allocation? I sort of think you mean allocation money, but then you talk about us not using ours, so you may mean allocation order. But I don't know why they need to move up in the order, honestly. Did I miss a rumor?

target allocation is that new rule that garber pulled from his poorly cleaned butt to help galaxy sign gio. In order to do that, they need to buy down omars contract, but they will need to trade for more target allocation money since they can only use up to 500 k before needing to trade. This leaves them in a need for a trade.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
target allocation is that new rule that garber pulled from his poorly cleaned butt to help galaxy sign gio. In order to do that, they need to buy down omars contract, but they will need to trade for more target allocation money since they can only use up to 500 k before needing to trade. This leaves them in a need for a trade.
Thanks. Just saw the other thread and was going to edit my post to say I figured out what you meant. "Targeted Allocation Money" is a good move. We can discuss in appropriate thread so Dan doesn't get mad at us.

Villarreal would be awesome. But I don't see any reason they would part with him with Ishizaki leaving and Villareal being a homegrown. The only argument you could make is that there's only room for one youngster to get a lot of PT there, and they want it to go to BJIV.

I know this isn't the place to post this, but we haven't won a single game in which Calle has played. There are better options on the roster.

2 questions

Anyone have any educated guess when Tefu should be announced? Figured it would have happened by now.

When will we see some players being waived, traded or sent to our minor league affiliate?

2 questions

Anyone have any educated guess when Tefu should be announced? Figured it would have happened by now.

When will we see some players being waived, traded or sent to our minor league affiliate?

1. He's on a 10 day trial, and we are at 7 days since the news leaked. So by the end of the week we should know.

2. Given that Pirlo doesn't officially join the club until the 21st, we don't need to open his roster spot yet. However, we could see a cut or two in conjunction with a signing of Mashamaite and/or Mena by the end of the week.

1. He's on a 10 day trial, and we are at 7 days since the news leaked. So by the end of the week we should know.

2. Given that Pirlo doesn't officially join the club until the 21st, we don't need to open his roster spot yet. However, we could see a cut or two in conjunction with a signing of Mashamaite and/or Mena by the end of the week.

Thanks man.

So maybe by Sunday we hear something about Tefu signing. Guess it doesn't really matter when he signs because he has been practicing with the team already.

Reactions: marky365

We want to use our allocation bucks. Not trade.

Reactions: Kjbert
I imagine they'll use it on Mix or Iraola. I also think they'll grandfather in those like Mix who skirted the rule this year, since NYCFC doesn't have a free DP slot.

Thats what gets me, and why people think the league favors la. Hopefully the do gradfather mix .

THIS is what my thread, (the biggest thread in NYCFCforums history) got closed for?
1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif
Forever in our hearts.

I know this isn't the place to post this, but we haven't won a single game in which Calle has played. There are better options on the roster.
Not a single player we have put in at LB has done a better job at getting forward and tracking back to cover as he has. And he's not even a Lb. He's an LM and that's the position I want to see him in. Could do a lot to provide us width.

Not a single player we have put in at LB has done a better job at getting forward and tracking back to cover as he has. And he's not even a Lb. He's an LM and that's the position I want to see him in. Could do a lot to provide us width.
Sure, but that was also with a really patchwork-y midfield. IF (and you tell me if this is a big "if") our midfield improves with Pirlo and Lamps, and eventually Mix and Shelton later this summer, we may not need his advance quite as much, so a more traditional LB would suit just fine. Then again, we'll most likely need mobility to cover Pirlo, if he's not quite as defensive as we hope. There are scenarios where it works and where it doesn't and it mostly depends on the new group.

THIS is what my thread, (the biggest thread in NYCFCforums history) got closed for?
1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

Ha. I liked your thread. It was entertaining and informative. Yeah it went off track here and there, but hey, that was the appeal and what kept me coming back. Yours and the Pirlo thread were hands down the two best..both closed down. I personally don't like to have pinpoint accurate threads. It ruins the spontaneity and organic nature of it. But that's just me..I don't run this forum and am grateful for those that do...so I'll naturally conform.

In all honesty, I wanted to ask about the new allocation money, so I guess I'll have to figure out where to post that.

Ha. I liked your thread. It was entertaining and informative. Yeah it went off track here and there, but hey, that was the appeal and what kept me coming back. Yours and the Pirlo thread were hands down the two best..both closed down. I personally don't like to have pinpoint accurate threads. It ruins the spontaneity and organic nature of it. But that's just me..I don't run this forum and am grateful for those that do...so I'll naturally conform.

In all honesty, I wanted to ask about the new allocation money, so I guess I'll have to figure out where to post that.
Feel free to make a thread whenever you have a question. I know there is a topic under MLS Discussion http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/targeted-allocation-money-new-mls-player-rule.3354/

As far as why it's closed down... Not for any particular reason.
It's just easier going forward if we discuss things in order of the MLS season. Winter Transfers and Summer Transfers and by year.
If it continues to go on year after year you'll have thousands of pages of useless information that someone has to go through to find out where informative posts start that actually revolve around that transfer window.
Doing it this way you know from page 1 all the way to the last page it pertains to possibly transfer targets.
For the Pirlo thread, it was a bit all over the place and the new one will be locked soon and discussion transferred to Roster section. Same with Iraola and Angelino. Just as we've done with all signings in the past.

Feel free to make a thread whenever you have a question. I know there is a topic under MLS Discussion http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/targeted-allocation-money-new-mls-player-rule.3354/

As far as why it's closed down... Not for any particular reason.
It's just easier going forward if we discuss things in order of the MLS season. Winter Transfers and Summer Transfers and by year.
If it continues to go on year after year you'll have thousands of pages of useless information that someone has to go through to find out where informative posts start that actually revolve around that transfer window.
Doing it this way you know from page 1 all the way to the last page it pertains to possibly transfer targets.
For the Pirlo thread, it was a bit all over the place and the new one will be locked soon and discussion transferred to Roster section. Same with Iraola and Angelino. Just as we've done with all signings in the past.

Fair enough. But please...for the sanity of my OCD...can you capitalize NYCFC in all the titles?

Fair enough. But please...for the sanity of my OCD...can you capitalize NYCFC in all the titles?
The titles are customized so first letter of every word is capitalized. Prevents people from doing lowercase/uppercase titles. Looks a lot neater.

Status
Not open for further replies.