Nycfc Transfers - Summer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the management truly thought that Calle was their best option, Angelino wouldn't have shown up this week.
Correct me if I'm wrong ( NYCFCfan NYCFCfan) but Calle was brought in as an LM and asked to play LB due to need. I don't see them continuing to force him out of position if there isn't a need to. We're paying the guy good money he won't be replaced by an 18 year old. He's good.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Correct me if I'm wrong ( NYCFCfan NYCFCfan) but Calle was brought in as an LM and asked to play LB due to need. I don't see them continuing to force him out of position if there isn't a need to. We're paying the guy good money he won't be replaced by an 18 year old. He's good.

Calle was and is a midfielder. He came through the ranks with a lot of good Colombians and was touted as having great potential...as a midfielder.

Nope. Spot on there. He volunteered to play there but prefers midfield.

As a reminder I believe his buy on clause is around $1 million.

When and how do you think Angelino gets to prove himself to Kreis? I would imagine if he could not let the attacking player kick it and run past him on an at-will basis, he will have proven himself to me anyway.

Wingers is better at LB than CB, but he is just not very good at either anymore. He will probably be hidden a bit better when/if we have more control in MF, but I don't want that to be an excuse for Kreis to continue giving him minutes. If there is as much of a talent gap as I believe there to be among Wingert and Angelino, I don't see any argument for keeping Angelino on the bench that involves Wingert as being reasonable to anyone but Kreis.

I know you said it's not what you want, just a prediction. For me, it's a fear based on what we've seen Kreis do so far, so I desperately hope you're wrong.

I think T Tom in Fairfield CT is trying to temper his fears by using Calle to bridge the gap. I figure it's all the same to Kreis if he has to sit his buddy, so I'm calling for throwing the kid out there and letting him learn on the job.

It just really can't be worse. Quite literally, it CANNOT be worse than what we have seen.

Let's be real, Kries played Grabavoy with a freaking broken toe! The only former RSL guy Kries might have more love for than Grabavoy is Wingert. I don't like it but I don't doubt that there is a strong chance we are all going to see a bit more of Wingert than any of us want in the up coming games.

I have a feeling that if we want him, the league will let us have him through some GarberMagic(R).

I will be very surprised if we use the option to keep him. Hopefully he stays healthy and we can see more of what he brings through the second half of the season but from the little I have seen I think it would be crazy to pay 1 million for him. Does he appear to be better than our bottom of the barrel expansion draft players, yes, but not a 1 million buy out better.

I think the frankly poor ball work that our defenders show (does Saunders pass to Facey pass to saunders, pass to hernandez pass to Saunders inaccurate long ball sound familiar?) is the biggest problem on the team right now. The biggest adjustment teams have made to us is high pressing our defense with the forwards, and that is because our CB (and FB) ball comfort and passing is way below an acceptable level.

I agree the CB passing is an issue. The other issue is that both Hernadez and Facey are small. Obviously swapping out 1/2 of a successful CB is a risk but we need cover on set pieces and we could use the height on offensive corners as well.

I have a feeling that if we want him, the league will let us have him through some GarberMagic(R).
Actually it exists already. A club can outright purchase one player a season and not have that transfer fee effect the cap. Seattle used it a few years ago I'm sure other clubs have since then.

Reactions: Kjbert
Let's be real, Kries played Grabavoy with a freaking broken toe! The only former RSL guy Kries might have more love for than Grabavoy is Wingert. I don't like it but I don't doubt that there is a strong chance we are all going to see a bit more of Wingert than any of us want in the up coming games.

I hope not. He has no sense of the game. Doesn't know how to mark, can't tackle, can't position himself correctly. He is merely just a good athlete with athletic ability. Brovsky on the other hand is the complete opposite. He's seems to know how to do those thing, but physically can't execute.

Reactions: gbservis
Tefu Mashamaite can be the right answer for NYCFC CB/defensive problem,the game has leadership skills,very humble,knows where to make a run and tackle,can organise a team both defensive and offensive and it"ll be a very big loss for NYCFC if they decide against giving him a deal.

No word on Tefu yet, hopefully we hear something this week. I've picked up a large amount of South African followers so people are genuinely excited about it.

Tefu Mashamaite can be the right answer for NYCFC CB/defensive problem,the game has leadership skills,very humble,knows where to make a run and tackle,can organise a team both defensive and offensive and it"ll be a very big loss for NYCFC if they decide against giving him a deal.

What my South African comrade here says is 100% correct.

We've contacted Mashamaite's agent but he's giving nothing away and says he's avoiding calls from journalists. Says he'll have something concrete on Monday.

We've contacted Mashamaite's agent but he's giving nothing away and says he's avoiding calls from journalists. Says he'll have something concrete on Monday.
Marky, how do you pronounce tefu's last name? Masha-mah-eetay?

Jazzman Mahlakgane(Tefu's agent) and Tefu doesnt really love to entertain Journalist until they sealed or failed to seal a deal,let's wait for monday.

Reactions: marky365 and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.