Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
CF Montreal vs. New York City FC
Saturday, July 1 7:30 PM ET
Stade Saputo
Apple TV (Free)

I am heading up to this one with the good Dr. Mrs. Gotham and our youngest.

Any thoughts on a place to grab dinner before the game? Any other recommendations?

Reactions: Kjbert
Are those near the stadium?
They are not within walking distance to the stadium, sorry. Haven't done dinner within walking distance to the stadium. Best way to get to the stadium is the Metro, the green line to the Viau stop is right next to Stade Saputo.

Cafe M - 24 Av des Pins E - best croissants I've had outside of Paris
Beautys Luncheonette - 93 Av du Mont-Royal O - has lines sometimes, darn good

Neither one near the stadium though, alas.

Thanks for the recommendations.

As I look more closely at this, it seems that there aren't any good dining options near the stadium with the possible exception of something called Madison's New York Bar & Grill.

So it's either that, or we eat and then travel to the stadium, or we plan to eat in the stadium. Does anyone have any information on the concessions at Stade Saputo? Variety? Quality? etc.

thanks.

As I look more closely at this, it seems that there aren't any good dining options near the stadium with the possible exception of something called Madison's New York Bar & Grill.

So it's either that, or we eat and then travel to the stadium, or we plan to eat in the stadium. Does anyone have any information on the concessions at Stade Saputo? Variety? Quality? etc.

thanks.
It's been a few years since I was there but I don't believe there was anything special aside from the usual basic stadium essentials aka hot dogs, burgers, popcorn/candy for kids, pretzels, etc. I'd say eat beforehand and then maybe get a snack or something at the game if still hungry. Similar style stadium to RBA with little booths setup under the stands.

Also found this;
Saputo Stadium Food

thanks.
I had a very tasty French grilled cheese thing named after the goalie at the time with a side of poutine fries in the stadium. This was probably 6ish years ago though

I am heading up to this one with the good Dr. Mrs. Gotham and our youngest.

Any thoughts on a place to grab dinner before the game? Any other recommendations?

I don't remember there being a lot of great options around the stadium for food, but public transit was super easy to the game.

We did dinner at Liverpool House one night, it lived up to the hype. I think we did Liverpool House because we couldn't get a reservation at Joe Beef. We did a few places in Old Montreal -- I remember there being a fish and chips spot I really enjoyed.

Jean-Talon Market is a fun spot to walk around and grab some bites for lunch.

Notre Dame is worth it for the sheer beauty, the views of the city from St. Joseph's Oratory are also amazing, but if you do the hike up Mount Royal (which is easy/kid friendly) you could probably skip the Oratory.

Obviously had to get a Montreal bagel and be an annoying New Yorker comparing and contrasting to our own cuisine.

I know your youngest is a bit older than mine, but if anyone goes with younger kids they have an interactive video game/experience at the port of Montreal that really helped break up the boredom that younger kids get while sightseeing -- it was informative enough on the port and how the shipping in and out of it worked to keep the adults entertained as well.

Tons of great neighborhoods to walkthrough -- I wish I remembered them all. Couldn't see someone having a bad trip there!

Not haute cuisine by any stretch but we went to Poutine Centrale when we went up in 2018 and it was great. They stretch the boundaries of poutine (we ordered a couple of different ones and shared) and it’s close to the stadium. We wen rafter the match so it wasn’t crowded. No idea what it would be like pre-match.

I don't remember there being a lot of great options around the stadium for food, but public transit was super easy to the game.

We did dinner at Liverpool House one night, it lived up to the hype. I think we did Liverpool House because we couldn't get a reservation at Joe Beef. We did a few places in Old Montreal -- I remember there being a fish and chips spot I really enjoyed.

Jean-Talon Market is a fun spot to walk around and grab some bites for lunch.

Notre Dame is worth it for the sheer beauty, the views of the city from St. Joseph's Oratory are also amazing, but if you do the hike up Mount Royal (which is easy/kid friendly) you could probably skip the Oratory.

Obviously had to get a Montreal bagel and be an annoying New Yorker comparing and contrasting to our own cuisine.

I know your youngest is a bit older than mine, but if anyone goes with younger kids they have an interactive video game/experience at the port of Montreal that really helped break up the boredom that younger kids get while sightseeing -- it was informative enough on the port and how the shipping in and out of it worked to keep the adults entertained as well.

Tons of great neighborhoods to walkthrough -- I wish I remembered them all. Couldn't see someone having a bad trip there!
Thanks for all this. Very nice and helpful. Liverpool House looks great, and we have booked a table.

Pre-game, I think we will do pizza at No. 900, which is right next to the subway line that goes to the stadium.

Montreal is awesome. The food is terrific. Just wander old town. Great beef, not just at Joe Beef

Also going up to Montreal this weekend for the game. Weather looks rough. More importantly the air quality looks like it might be in the unhealthy range because of the forest fires.

Sorry for the n00b question… bought 3 tickets to the match this weekend in the away section through the club back in February and they still haven’t been uploaded to my account. Any idea when they’ll send them to me?

Sorry for the n00b question… bought 3 tickets to the match this weekend in the away section through the club back in February and they still haven’t been uploaded to my account. Any idea when they’ll send them to me?
They won't be uploaded to your NYCFC Account. You'll get an email to open a Montreal account to get the tickets.

Not haute cuisine by any stretch but we went to Poutine Centrale when we went up in 2018 and it was great bunka knives . They stretch the boundaries of poutine (we ordered a couple of different ones and shared)kitsune miniatures and it’s close to the stadium. We wen rafter the match so it wasn’t crowded. No idea what it would be like pre-match.
Sounds like you had a delicious experience at Poutine Centrale! Exploring different variations of poutine can be a fun culinary adventure. It's great that the restaurant stretches the boundaries and offers unique takes on this classic dish. Being close to the stadium must have been convenient for you, especially after the match when it was less crowded. It's always exciting to discover new dining spots while traveling. Thanks for sharing your recommendation!

Last edited: