NYCFC Website

Can't say I'm happy about this, but I'll accept it. I only tend to go on club official websites for a couple of things every now and then anyway.

i would rather it not look like a copy of the mcfc website anyway...would just be another reason for people to shit on us

from nycfc twitter themselves

New York City FC ‏@NYCFC Jul 3
@NYisBLUE @DuffHouse12 We are in the process of migrating to the MLS web platform. Once that is finalized our website will be up to standard.

so there ya have it so like i said they will not be using the MCFC layout and design lol
I stand corrected.

Hate to see it go to such a poor design but I suppose it is required by MLS.

i would rather it not look like a copy of the mcfc website anyway...would just be another reason for people to shit on us

Speaking from many years of experience in the trenches, the less you worry about things RBNY supporters can use to disparage your club the more you'll enjoy the ride.

Reactions: BxLio91
Anything to make it semi-independent from ManCity. MLSsoccer.com design isn't that bad. I assume none of you saw what it was just a few years ago.

mlssoccer_com_slow_updating_scoreboard.jpg

Yeah, they should definitely revamp the fan section (nycfc.com/fans).
Here are a few things I'd like to see:

• Link to nycfcforums.com and thirdrailnyc.com instead of mcfcnyc.org
  • Introductory interview with the head honchos of the Third Rail, as an embedded YouTube clip, shot in Yankees Stadium and with some fun footage of NYCFC supporter gatherings, e.g. during the World Cup (preferably USMNT matches)
  • A calendar for upcoming events
  • A supporter pictures gallery
  • Some contests to win merch
For whatever it's worth, I've sent my suggestions to their webmaster and he wrote back they'll havea look at it.

Whether we get a new design or not, eventually all group websites will be the same template and interact in a small way

Much better than the previous version, and I can deal with it, but from a design and user experience standpoint there's a lot that needs to improved.

It's improved for sure. If they added a MLS news/scores/standings section that would be cool with me. It would serve as a resource area for what is sure to be an influx of new fans to MLS.

Reactions: kun and Kjbert
They've changed the format to be like the MLS website now.

looks... strange.

They've changed the format to be like the MLS website now.

looks... strange.

Yeah, other clubs are folding into using the same web design as the remade MLSsoccer.com. It will just take getting used to.

To be honest, I kinda like it now. It's grown on me, and i think as the separate club websites it's nice. Makes it really really easy to see the schedule for the team whereas before it was this clunky, scroll a million years format.