Nycfc's Usl Pro Affiliate Will Be Wilmington Hammerheads Fc

We've got an international backup goalkeeper they can borrow

Jack Harrison is going to be loaned to Willmington for the start of the season

Jack Harrison is going to be loaned to Willmington for the start of the season

So I just bought a customized jersey of someone that's going to be loaned? Well I also got a Poku jersey and he was loaned last year so maybe it's a positive sign.

Can't help wondering if CFG had a hand in that one. Just over a year ago, he was playing for Melbourne City.
Why would he agree to go and play for Wilmington? Isn't he a former big time player? Is there some future NYCFC action on the cards?

How closely are we related to Wilmington anyway? I don't quite understand the affiliation between the two.

Reactions: Kjbert
Why would he agree to go and play for Wilmington? Isn't he a former big time player? Is there some future NYCFC action on the cards?

How closely are we related to Wilmington anyway? I don't quite understand the affiliation between the two.

He's not exactly big-time. Sure, he played for Manchester United - nine times (in the league). He also managed just the one season of any note at Celtic. After those two clubs he slowly tailed away towards the lower leagues, then went back to Scotland and then to Australia. I don't think he considers himself a "big-time player".

He just terminated his contract with Cork City, his home town club, having managed most of 30 games for them. If he didn't think he could stay there then there wasn't much left for him - having already spent several years in Australia he clearly is open to new experiences so he probably sees this as another chance to have one last season touring another part of the world.

He has somewhere between a zero and nil percent chance of ever moving up to NYCFC. Remember that he's 35. If he could only manage two games for Melbourne City in half a season, he's not likely to be viewed as a prospect here.

As for the relationship between NYCFC and Wilmington, the two clubs are contracted to share training resources and ideas and NYCFC have to loan them at least four players at some stage for some length of time before season's end. That said, NYCFC have a vested interest in raising Wilmington's game in that it gives their loanees a higher standard of football to practice with and there's every reason why CFG might see it as worth while to throw Wilmington a couple of bones in order to keep them on board and enthusiastic. I can see every reason why they might have set this one up, though it is of course no guarantee.