Official - 10,000 Seats Sold

What on earth is it used for (or is it literally a "shit pipe") ?

There is one on each side of the field:
15facade_600.JPG

It's used to mark fair territory in baseball. Any ball that lands between the foul poles/base lines is in play, and anything outside is foul/out of play.

Reactions: einwindir and MrE
Lol we are playing in a baseball stadium. That's the 'foul pole' thing of it as a corner flag. It's on the corners where the foul line meets the outfield.

Reactions: MrE
I don't think that's entirely accurate. There are also many sections that were blacked out right off the bat because of obstructions such as the foul pole. These may be counted in your single day calculations but I don't think so. I know that, for example, my section was mostly blocked out because they didn't want anyone getting those obstructed seats as season tickets.

I think that in the 27,470 capacity already there aren't these obstructed seats..........

Reactions: Kjbert
I think that in the 27,470 capacity already there aren't these obstructed seats..........

There are more than you think. Regardless, your assessment of over 16,000 sold is way off the mark.

• I have counted 8,127 season tickets available. Therefore if I am right the season tickets sold are 16,287 !!!!

You need to account for the majority of the Legends, Champions and Delta Suite tickets that remain unsold.

Therefore how many are the season tickets sold in your opinion ?
I would say 11-12k because that's what has been said by the club. It's extremely unlikely that would announce a significantly smaller number.

The club is only 136 total seats away from selling out another 12 sections
this includes Legends club and Champion club sections and a few that have random seats
That would mean more than half the sections sold out not including bleachers, single game and visiting supporters sections

If true, that is incredible. Hoping to get those 136 seats sold by Matchday 1

Therefore how many are the season tickets sold in your opinion ?

I think they are probably close to 12,000 at this point and will probably end up around 14,000 for the start of the season which would be tremendous. Curious to see how those plans are selling. Plus, once the schedule gets released I'm sure the hype machine will kick into high gear again.

The club is only 136 total seats away from selling out another 12 sections
this includes Legends club and Champion club sections and a few that have random seats
That would mean more than half the sections sold out not including bleachers, single game and visiting supporters sections

Please source this information in some way. It is very hard to believe that the S175, $115 and horrible view $75 seats are virtually sold out. Those delta seats come with nothing....

Please source this information in some way. It is very hard to believe that the S175, $115 and horrible view $75 seats are virtually sold out. Those delta seats come with nothing....

go to the team website season tickets and check the availability of each section. only 1 delta section is dark green the rest are still light green. sections 108,105,206,207,132,228,125 all show less than 20 tickets left those are a mix of catagory 3-6 seats 011,023 and 022 are champions and legends seat and show just a few left. the other champions and legends show sold out but the team might be marketing those to corporations
heres the link
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nycfc/EN/buy/details/15fs

go to the team website season tickets and check the availability of each section. only 1 delta section is dark green the rest are still light green. sections 108,105,206,207,132,228,125 all show less than 20 tickets left those are a mix of catagory 3-6 seats 011,023 and 022 are champions and legends seat and show just a few left. the other champions and legends show sold out but the team might be marketing those to corporations
heres the link
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nycfc/EN/buy/details/15fs
Call up the ticket office and ask them if you can get 6 legends seats in section 24a or 24b.