Official - 10,000 Seats Sold

F Fabio , do you live in New York? Serious question...

Napoli, Italia. When in 2007 I said that my hope was the birth of a true NYC soccer team called NYCFC everyone on Bigsoccer said me that it was impossible and that i can't realize because I never been in NYC. Until some months ago most people said that this club at maximum could sold 5000 season tickets ( they already are over 11.000 ).....

Since 11/1 my section 229 has gone from 125 seats available down to 88 available with many being sold in the last 2 weeks
I would bet the # is close to 12,000 sold by now

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Since 11/1 my section 229 has gone from 125 seats available down to 88 available with many being sold in the last 2 weeks
I would bet the # is close to 12,000 sold by now
How do you go back and check on what the current seating looks like?

go to the team website click buy season tickets and it shows the virtual venue for the stadium. point at a section and it will tell you how many are left. click on it and it will show you the seats

Reactions: Rand
Something I want to mention. We can have a lot of season tickets sold but it's important to have YS as full as possible. So I hope if people can't make it to games, they give em out to friends and relatives.

Are there no "ticket exchange schemes" out there.... I am not saying they are brilliant but at least the ticket owner gets something back, For big games over here they can be lucrative

go to the team website click buy season tickets and it shows the virtual venue for the stadium. point at a section and it will tell you how many are left. click on it and it will show you the seats
Thanks, its a cool thing to see how things are filling up. Does anyone know what the league average is for season ticket holders, and which team has the most season ticket holders?

Are there no "ticket exchange schemes" out there.... I am not saying they are brilliant but at least the ticket owner gets something back, For big games over here they can be lucrative

They do and I'm sure a lot of cheap tickets will make their way on to the ticket exchange for those not opting for season tickets.

• I have doing some simple calculations about the number of the season tickets that are for sale for the NYCFC fans. For my calculations they are exactly 24,414 on the 27,470 seats of the YS capacity for the most games of our team. Indeed is it necessary to eliminate the capacity of the sections 201 ( 691 seats ), 202 ( 798 seats ), 203 ( 480 seats ), 203 W ( 22 seats ) and 204 ( 242 seats ) because they are SINGLE MATCH ONLY SECTIONS ( 2,233 total seats ). Therefore is it necessary to eliminate also the capacity of the sections 223 ( 443 seats ) and 224 ( 380 seats ) because they are AWAY SUPPORTERS SECTIONS ( 823 total seats ) .

27,470 - 3056 ( 2,233+823 ) = 24,414

Now if we go on the NYCFC site in the section of the season tickets available will be it possible to know the number of the season tickets sold day to day !!!
  • I have counted 8,127 season tickets available. Therefore if I am right the season tickets sold are 16,287 !!!!

• I have doing some simple calculations about the number of the season tickets that are for sale for the NYCFC fans. For my calculations they are exactly 24,414 on the 27,470 seats of the YS capacity for the most games of our team. Indeed is it necessary to eliminate the capacity of the sections 201 ( 691 seats ), 202 ( 798 seats ), 203 ( 480 seats ), 203 W ( 22 seats ) and 204 ( 242 seats ) because they are SINGLE MATCH ONLY SECTIONS ( 2,233 total seats ). Therefore is it necessary to eliminate also the capacity of the sections 223 ( 443 seats ) and 224 ( 380 seats ) because they are AWAY SUPPORTERS SECTIONS ( 823 total seats ) .

Now if we go on the NYCFC site in the section of the season tickets available will be it possible to know the number of the season tickets sold day to day !!!
  • I have counted 8,127 season tickets available. Therefore if I am right the season tickets sold are 16,287 !!!!

i got my 2 season tix since the 11k announcement so add 2!

Which if correct (and I'm not saying it is at the moment) might be higher than some of the attendances (including league) Red Bulls had this past season. Do MLS count season ticket holders in all attendances whether they show up to a game or not? Here's list of RB games from past year and click the "show" button next to each to show the attendance...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_New_York_Red_Bulls_season

Reactions: Kjbert

I don't think that's entirely accurate. There are also many sections that were blacked out right off the bat because of obstructions such as the foul pole. These may be counted in your single day calculations but I don't think so. I know that, for example, my section was mostly blocked out because they didn't want anyone getting those obstructed seats as season tickets.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. There are also many sections that were blacked out right off the bat because of obstructions such as the foul pole. These may be counted in your single day calculations but I don't think so. I know that, for example, my section was mostly blocked out because they didn't want anyone getting those obstructed seats as season tickets.

What is a foul pole ?

What is a foul pole ?

2550634972_da5829e14b.jpg

I hope "restricted view" is displayed for seats like that in the US lol.