What do you think?

• Love it!

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • Hate it and I should be medicated!

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
The more I think about the color, the less I'm concerned because a lot of leagues around the world have a team wearing sky blue (Lazio, Malaga, Sydney, etc). Plus, we all better get used to our guys wearing the sky blue because it's not really a home and away thing. It's more of a primary and secondary situation. NYCFC will be wearing sky blue in many away matches including the first one against the Mickey Mouse Club.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not telling anyone what to wear or what not to wear. Just that we will see a lot of the sky blue on the field this season.

Last edited:
The more I think about the color, the less I'm concerned because a lot of leagues around the world have a team wearing sky blue (Lazio, Malaga, Sydney, etc). Plus, we all better get used to our guys wearing the sky blue because it's not really a home and away thing. It's more of a primary and secondary situation. NYCFC will be wearing sky blue in many away matches including the first one against the Mickey Mouse Club.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not telling anyone what to wear or what not to wear. Just that we will see a lot of the sky blue on the field this season.
I agree, if your going to support the team then you are going to have to get used to sky blue, as we're going to be wearing it for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Kjbert

It's not the color it's the design people have the problem, and the fact that it is an Adidas version of the Man City jersey.

and that the Adidas version isn't as nice. I like Adidas. But the stripes take away from the jersey. My two cents.

I really disagree. I think the NYCFC sky blue jersey is better than any MCFC jersey ever created by Nike. I guess I may just be used to the Adidas stripes though. I have over 50 Real Madrid jerseys (going back to 2001) and they are all Adidas.

Reactions: Steven
I really disagree. I think the NYCFC sky blue jersey is better than any MCFC jersey ever created by Nike. I guess I may just be used to the Adidas stripes though. I have over 50 Real Madrid jerseys (going back to 2001) and they are all Adidas.

I'm an Everton fan. I watched the City-Everton replay last night on YES Network. I really like this year's clean version. To each their own.

Reactions: Paul
It does highlight the obvious, it has the template of the Man City jersey. My points simply were that for me personally (others may very well feel differently which is cool): the excitement to get and wear a team jersey was greater than my disappointment with various decisions by CFG, including the uniform choice, as well as, the slight discomfort of being a Man U fan wearing MC colors; I'm at the point where I have accepted that these are the jerseys our boys will be wearing at home; and I'm even more excited about getting the away jersey which I think is cooler, more unique and free of the implications associated with the home jersey.
But it's not even thr politics of the color.
Even if the Lampard thing never happened, if you walk around with this sky blue shirt with Etihad written across the front with a coat over top of it but unzipped -- everyone will assume its a MCFC shirt.

That sucks.

Damn dude. 50 Madrid jerseys? Thats awesome. I want to see a picture.

Reactions: Paul
Then are they going to stock the away kit? And restock the home kit? I want a jersey dammit, in my size.

Oh I believe it. I just want to bask in it's glory!

I collect hockey and soccer jerseys as well. Not quite THAT many, though.

As you can see from the attached photo, they are all safely and neatly folded away and organized in my closet (sorted by season) along with some other soccer jerseys I've picked up over the years, most notably Spain national team jerseys. I get the home, away, third and 1 GK jersey from each season (plus any extras for trophies won). For example, last season I got 5 jerseys: (1) Bale home jersey with Copa del Rey patch & final match details on the chest; (2) Ramos home jersey with UEFA Champions League patches & final match details on the chest; (3) Di María away jersey; (4) Pepe third jersey; and (5) Casillas neon green GK jersey with UEFA Champions League patches & final match details on the chest. A photo of the most recent addition to my RMCF collection is also attached: Sergio Ramos 2014 Club World Cup (that beast scored in the semifinal and final; just like he did in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League). The oldest one is a 2001 Raúl jersey with the "realmadrid.com" sponsor on the front and it's still in great condition. That's the jersey Real Madrid wore in the 2001 Supercopa de España against Real Zaragoza (Raúl had a hat trick in the 2nd leg). I could take all of the jerseys out and take a photo of them together but that would take too damn long because I'm meticulous/obsessive in folding them and putting them back away. I've been considering taking photos of each one and I think the next Saturday or Sunday I have completely free I'll take the time to do it.

And to keep this on topic: I'm starting a NYCFC jersey collection too, of course. :D

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • RM-ZARAGOZAThumb,0.jpg
    RM-ZARAGOZAThumb,0.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 92
That is really impressive man, a serious investment. I have about 20 jerseys from various teams, mostly based on the players, not the teams. I have a hard time buying something so expensive that I won't wear too often, or ever. Although as a collector how you do it is very cool.

As you can see from the attached photo, they are all safely and neatly folded away and organized in my closet (sorted by season) along with some other soccer jerseys I've picked up over the years, most notably Spain national team jerseys. I get the home, away, third and 1 GK jersey from each season (plus any extras for trophies won). For example, last season I got 5 jerseys: (1) Bale home jersey with Copa del Rey patch & final match details on the chest; (2) Ramos home jersey with UEFA Champions League patches & final match details on the chest; (3) Di María away jersey; (4) Pepe third jersey; and (5) Casillas neon green GK jersey with UEFA Champions League patches & final match details on the chest. A photo of the most recent addition to my RMCF collection is also attached: Sergio Ramos 2014 Club World Cup (that beast scored in the semifinal and final; just like he did in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League). The oldest one is a 2001 Raúl jersey with the "realmadrid.com" sponsor on the front and it's still in great condition. That's the jersey Real Madrid wore in the 2001 Supercopa de España against Real Zaragoza (Raúl had a hat trick in the 2nd leg). I could take all of the jerseys out and take a photo of them together but that would take too damn long because I'm meticulous/obsessive in folding them and putting them back away. I've been considering taking photos of each one and I think the next Saturday or Sunday I have completely free I'll take the time to do it.

And to keep this on topic: I'm starting a NYCFC jersey collection too, of course. :D
Simply awesome. Great collection! Do you ever go on the soccer jersey thread over at Nike Talk? You'd kill it over there.

Simply awesome. Great collection! Do you ever go on the soccer jersey thread over at Nike Talk? You'd kill it over there.

No, I haven't been on Nike Talk. I'll check it out though. Thanks for mentioning it.