Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the front office is very concerned with bad transfer press due to the Lampard situation. For that reason I think they will come out and shoot down the Pirlo rumors the moment they are 100% sure we cant get him. The fact that they say nothing, even with people in the stands holding Prilo signs makes me think we are still in the running.

The only other less likely explanation I can think of is that they have a better player in the works (hard to believe) and they don't care about the Pirlo rumors because they know when they announce the alternative people will be too excited to feel let down regarding Pirlo.

Either way I can't see how they would just let this Prilo rumor keep spreading if they know it will end in disappointment.

I think the front office is very concerned with bad transfer press due to the Lampard situation. For that reason I think they will come out and shoot down the Pirlo rumors the moment they are 100% sure we cant get him. The fact that they say nothing, even with people in the stands holding Prilo signs makes me think we are still in the running.

The only other less likely explanation I can think of is that they have a better player in the works (hard to believe) and they don't care about the Pirlo rumors because they know when they announce the alternative people will be too excited to feel let down regarding Pirlo.

Either way I can't see how they would just let this Prilo rumor keep spreading if they know it will end in disappointment.

If they are relying on everyone forgetting about Pirlo when they announce the actual new designated player, it better fucking be Zlatan. (Hey, after all, he is a younger and more forward attacking player like Ian Joy said, right?)

If it's a guy like Movsisyan, we should probably be shooting down the Pirlo rumors harder. I'd love Movsisyan, but he definitely doesn't have the name recognition.

The club is getting daily mentions in articles all around the world right now. I don't see the need to end any speculation, especially if there is even a remote chance remaining.

I think they are saying nothing because that's their policy and it's the best one for them to have.

If they start denying even the most completely unfounded no-way-in-hell rumors, then every rumor they don't deny becomes instantly plausible with their tacit approval.

As much as I have been a FO critic, I don't think it's fair to blame them for not following through on rumors they did not create or foster.

I think they are saying nothing because that's their policy and it's the best one for them to have.

If they start denying even the most completely unfounded no-way-in-hell rumors, then every rumor they don't deny becomes instantly plausible with their tacit approval.

As much as I have been a FO critic, I don't think it's fair to blame them for not following through on rumors they did not create or foster.

I don't mind the silence either.
Unless someone at the club leaks something or says something there's no reason to confirm or deny anything.
Like you said, you leave the door open for people to suspect something is true simply because you don't release a statement saying it's not.
Plus let's say pirlo is coming but doesn't have all his ducks in a row and we announce he's coming and can't give a date. Then everyone's crying about lampard 2.0 and this and that but he simply hasn't sold his house/bought a new one.
Same thing with our two new rumored signings being confirmed by everyone but their current clubs and us.
When the time is right, when the contract is signed, the team will announce it.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Hello everyone on NYCFC forums, I am a MCFC fan from the UK. Great to see that your club is growing and has started to perform better on the field in recent games.

With regard to the silence regarding Pirlo, if the CFG take the same approach to the press (regarding rumour) here as they do with MCFC then I would suggest the silence should be read as There has been contact however at this moment in time it is an initial approach and therefore there is not really anything worthwhile admitting or denying. Where MCFC is concerned if a report comes out that is undeniably not true then the club will issue a statement confirming the lie. If parts of the story are true the club usually stays quiet and plays the no comment card.

Only my interpretation on the CFG moves when it comes to things like this however there are many examples in the past with MCFC players that makes me believe that although not all will agree (whoever does) that it can be applied to the way they would deal with NYCFC regarding these issues.

***Pirlo Note***

Pirlo will be starting tomorrow against Portugal in their friendly. At least he's staying fresh lol.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
I read somewhere he extended his Juventus contract until 2017...
…would you care to point us toward your source? Even with Pirlo being Pirlo, at his age it seems reckless for Juve to extend his contract for another two years if they intend to keep their Serie A crown and challenge for the UCL title again.

Reactions: Kjbert
…would you care to point us toward your source? Even with Pirlo being Pirlo, at his age it seems reckless for Juve to extend his contract for another two years if they intend to keep their Serie A crown and challenge for the UCL title again.

Though I could be very wrong...I read most Italian sports outlets and there's no way that wouldn't have been reported already.

La Reppublica apparently reported that he is staying at Juve for a another year. Not sure how to value the source and just saw this noted in the twitter verse so simply passing it along.

The speculation is he finishes out his contract, playing one more year with Juve, one more CL and one more Euro.

He'll still have plenty of suitors next year. So it makes sense for him. Unless he has his heart set on NYC.

The speculation is he finishes out his contract, playing one more year with Juve, one more CL and one more Euro.

He'll still have plenty of suitors next year. So it makes sense for him. Unless he has his heart set on NYC.

He needs to balance wanting to stay in Italy with the cash windfall here/elsewhere. I don't think the money is here next year, especially considering he will be gone for the summer with Euro 2016.

He needs to balance wanting to stay in Italy with the cash windfall here/elsewhere. I don't think the money is here next year, especially considering he will be gone for the summer with Euro 2016.

I agree. Money won't be here, that's why I mentioned unless he wants to come to NYC now. Otherwise someone, somewhere will offer him money next year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Not that I don't believe "NYCFC Watch" cause I actually think Pirlo stays anyway, but let's wait to hear it from Pirlo or Juve, not a parrot account.

On another note. This league isn't good enough for a Pirlo type of skill set anyway. Our defense has held its own. We just need someone to score. We score, we win...it's that simple. So they need to go out and find a finisher to work up top.

Last edited:
Pirlo staying in Juventus is good news. Come on people, we need young talent for years to come for our club. Not aging fucks that come here to retire and just make CFG money selling tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.