Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I got chills thinking of 50,000 people at Yankee Stadium doing the "Andrea!" "PIRLO!" "Andrea!" "PIRLO!" call and response.

Ooh.

this has to be something that needs to be encouraged. The mentioning of the players last name of the player scoring the goal. I mean i do it the two other people around me do it but no one really does it then.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Twellman said similar to Wahl.

I think the age is overblown. They are right in saying they are not long-term solutions. They are immediate solutions, though. And a team that had an 11 game winless streaks (regardless of our 3 game win streak) does need immediate solutions.

Couldn't agree with this enough. Who cares if Villa/Lampard/Pirlo are all in their mid-30's and aren't long-term solutions? The reality is that this team was performing terribly early in the season and needed to add stars and talent ASAP. The New York market is insanely competitive and you need to win and have a celebrity-appeal to capture eyeballs and wallets. NYCFC needs to establish it's brand and team in order to then think about developing for the long term. Completely think that this move makes a ton of sense. If NYCFC can use these older talented players to create a buzz locally and maybe make a playoff run, then I think they completed their objective.

Joe Hart might come to a game or two this summer to watch his man crush play.

tumblr_n77ud7xW4C1r6ibubo1_250.gif

cause you made me think of that free kick, I figured I post it...

Oh man, I got chills thinking of 50,000 people at Yankee Stadium doing the "Andrea!" "PIRLO!" "Andrea!" "PIRLO!" call and response.

Ooh.

Oh I thought it was too soon for chants lol...

I think a call "Pirrrrrr" response "loooooo" back and forth would be kick ass

We could replace Ole with...
Pirlooooo, Pirlo, Pirlo....Pirlooo
Pirlooooooo, Pirlooooooooo

Oohhhh this one is so frigging corny it may work lol.
Sung to the Frozen theme on corners and free kicks...
Let it goooo, Let it goooo, Andrea Pirlooooo
Let it goooo, Let it goooo, Andrea Pirloooo0

Reactions: horseytweets
The age argument only makes sense if you are TFC.

EVERYONE else that complains (RedBull, Seattle, LA Galaxy, Orlando) - these are all squads that have spent money bringing in a guy on a similar deal. Theirry Henry didn't turn down 90 minutes in the UCL Final to play in Harrison, NJ. No one wanted to guarantee that salary to Clint Dempsey in the EPL. Robbie Keane and Steven Gerrard weren't top-table EPL players anymore. And no one knew if Kaka could still play a full season.

Wow. Here's a shock stat for you:

Frank Lampard - 1.3 mm likes on facebook. (I'm not one of them - not a shock, I'm sure)

Pirlo - 7 mm likes.

Shocking, mate.
And being generous, say 50,000 of those fans are actual NYCFC fans, that means 6,950,000 other users will be getting NYCFC stuff shoved in their face for the next 18 months. I like the sound of that, grow the brand, grow the beard.

About the age thing...Italian players historically play very well through their mid 30's.

The game in Italy might suit that notion as well.. Pirlo, Maldini, Totti etc etc
But in general I guess it´s because they rely on more than their legs, they make sure to be in the right place on the pitch for one..

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.