Official Praise Thread

Until today I never placed a sports bet.
Michigan Football is caught up in a bizarre soap opera-esque scandal and yesterday afternoon the Big Ten announced less than 24 hours in advance that Coach Harbaugh was suspended from coaching the game against Penn State today, plus the next 2 games, which Michigan is fighting in the courts. In response, most of the football players started posting one word on social media "Bet," in the slang sense of "sure thing, no doubt," etc., meaning they're wining no matter anyway. But a lot of Michigan fans took it as a call to bet on the team.
I put down $250 total, some on a straight money line and also on the spread. I cleared $157.
Go Blue.
Bet

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JayH and JCMore
Just to update you all, today I was offered and I accepted a new job with the National Parks Service in the City! Im finally moving in after inching my way down from the Albany area starting in 2015. If anyone knows a good apartment renting site, hit me up :p
An update for my update: after a year as the new guy on the team, I was just promoted to assistant supervisor of my division! :D

That's amazing stuff!!! Good job :) Ready for that jump?
I think so, I’m now the Arborist for the site any and all tree related questions and inquiries must go through me which is fun. Timber Joey’s got nothing on me!
chainsaw GIF

Arborist is much cooler than assistant supervisor of a division. I would lead with that.

Hiring Season 3 GIF by The Office

Totally agree. I work with arborists and they are almost always smart, laid back, solid folks.
Well fair enough, I currently do tree work and landscaping so I guess moving up to arborist made more sense than being in charge of employees which I hadn’t done before. Just to explain my thought process haha

Edit: yeah I am smart, laid back, and solid. Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Well fair enough, I currently do tree work and landscaping so I guess moving up to arborist made more sense than being in charge of employees which I hadn’t done before. Just to explain my thought process haha

Edit: yeah I am smart, laid back, and solid. Thanks ;)
Mid-management unfairly gets a bad reputation. Supervising people is its own skill, and most people find they need to be a bit more of a hard case than they wanted to be. Good luck; I expect you're be fine.

Reactions: JCMore
FIFA and the regional confederations all try for spectacle and end up with pathetic Mummenschanz and Cirque du Soleil knock-offs, plus they can't properly run a freaking random ball selection without messing it up, something the idiots in American state governments manage to handle weekly.

Meanwhile America, College Football and Pop-Tarts give us this utter brilliance:

• Wow
Reactions: Gotham Gator
FIFA and the regional confederations all try for spectacle and end up with pathetic Mummenschanz and Cirque du Soleil knock-offs, plus they can't properly run a freaking random ball selection without messing it up, something the idiots in American state governments manage to handle weekly.

Meanwhile America, College Football and Pop-Tarts give us this utter brilliance:

The college football bowl industry has jumped the shark.

I expect it was some form of mayonnaise, perhaps modified for the purpose.
Also I am aware than Duke’s, which I’ve never had, is different from most commercial mayonnaise and by reputation is more like homemade. Maybe it does poor like that.