Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roma sniffing around Soldado.

The rumored fee is 10 Million pounds.

So it's January 20th. The transfer window ends in 10 days, right?

Does that mean we have 10 days to announce Calle and anyone else?

So it's January 20th. The transfer window ends in 10 days, right?

Does that mean we have 10 days to announce Calle and anyone else?

No. The international transfer window for MLS runs from Feb 8th to May 12th. We have four months to announce him. And if he's a free agent, we can sign him any time we want.

Reactions: Kjbert
Thank you. But if there was to be another DP announced in this window, it would have to be completed now?

And what about pre-contracts for guys on expiring contracts. Can they be negotiated at any time? Or just now?

Thank you. But if there was to be another DP announced in this window, it would have to be completed now?

And what about pre-contracts for guys on expiring contracts. Can they be negotiated at any time? Or just now?

I don't think there's a limit to when DPs can be signed, so long as their signings are within USSF and FIFA rules.

I'm honestly not sure about the expiring contracts thing. MLS doesn't really like its players idling their contracts and then resigning as and when they like - it would probably have to go through an allocation of sorts. Normally, expiring contracts would be what was covered by the ReEntry draft, but that's already been and gone.

Reactions: Kjbert
With Bobby Wood's troubles with his club could he be an option? No idea if we could get him under a DP contract or what we'd have to give up to move up the allocation ranking, but having another solid striker who's on the national team would be nice. It'd give us more options with Villa and Mullins, while giving Shelton more time to develop, potentially at Wilmington.

With Bobby Wood's troubles with his club could he be an option? No idea if we could get him under a DP contract or what we'd have to give up to move up the allocation ranking, but having another solid striker who's on the national team would be nice. It'd give us more options with Villa and Mullins, while giving Shelton more time to develop, potentially at Wilmington.

Please. Anyone but Bobby Wood. I don't understand what JK sees. Every time he plays, he looks lost for the USMNT.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
you know what would be a good solution to the lampard debacle? A loan DP- we would still be in compliance with the salary cap technically. thoughts?

After watching him in like 3 games, I have come to hate Bobby Wood. You could give him a penalty without a goalie and he'd still find a way to miss the net

After watching him in like 3 games, I have come to hate Bobby Wood. You could give him a penalty without a goalie and he'd still find a way to miss the net
Really? He's young and he seems to create a chance or three every time he plays. His misses have been fingertip saves, from what I have seen. I wold love to see if he can get the scoring touch, because he's got skills in the rest of his game.

Really? He's young and he seems to create a chance or three every time he plays. His misses have been fingertip saves, from what I have seen. I wold love to see if he can get the scoring touch, because he's got skills in the rest of his game.
I'm with you... Rubin and him are the only USMNT forwards that seem to consistently find openings. He has had some great chances in limited actions. He just needs to finish. I wouldn't him in NYC on a non-DPS contract.

I wouldn't base your opinion on three games. He is actually really talented. His stats for his club are kinda misleading. I think he could be a really big player in mls if given the shot and the right team around him.

Reactions: Kubah
I wouldn't base your opinion on three games. He is actually really talented. His stats for his club are kinda misleading. I think he could be a really big player in mls if given the shot and the right team around him.
I think people are down on Wood because they only remember the missed goals, but forget how impressive it has been to get all those opportunities. Now if only some other forwards could be that open... *cough* Altidore *cough*

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
you know what would be a good solution to the lampard debacle? A loan DP- we would still be in compliance with the salary cap technically. thoughts?
That's not a bad idea, but if Pellegrini wasn't willing to give Lampard back then he's not going to give up any top quality player.
Only maybe Scott Sinclair if he doesn't get his move to Aston Villa.

Also, wouldn't look too much into it but taylor twellman played for 1860 munchen II as well, prior to coming to mls.

Twellmans stats 58 appearances and 29 goals
Woods stats 46 appearances and 12 goals.

The only reason I brought this up is cause mls has a pretty solid history of American players who plied their trade abroad in their youth, and came to mls and had a solid career. I think one of the big factors for that is when they come to mls they get to play a hell of a lot more. The more you play the better potential to be/stay in form. If you want Wood to not miss goals when he plays, then he has to find somewhere he plays more. And I think for Wood, coming to MLS and getting to play day in and day out against pretty good opposition will be both good for him and the future of the national team, contrary to what Klinsman might be telling him.

I really hope he ends up in mls….just not with the purple unicorns over in orlando.

That's not a bad idea, but if Pellegrini wasn't willing to give Lampard back then he's not going to give up any top quality player.

I was thinking maybe Milner. Although I'm sure ppl on these boards wouldn't be that excited about having milner on loan, there are deff worst dps in mls right now. Plus, he has stated he wanted to come to mls.

or Demichelis.

Status
Not open for further replies.