Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DeRossi to NY rumors won't stop, but the latest ones have him coming to NY in 2016, after his contract with Roma expires. The article I read specifically mentioned NYRB and the Cosmos are interested in him.

The DeRossi to NY rumors won't stop, but the latest ones have him coming to NY in 2016, after his contract with Roma expires. The article I read specifically mentioned NYRB and the Cosmos are interested in him.
Good thing the Cosmos are still doing the good old, let's claim we're going after x player so people know we exist.

yep.gif

I really appreciate the hardcore trolling from Cosmos fans. Before that, I actually just thought their logo and team existed solely on the faux vintage t-shirts of soccer hipsters.

Poor kids. Trying so hard to be cool, but always left out of the playground pickup game. All of this shit is just their way of beefing the teacher to make everyone else let them join the game.

He's way too weak on ball to make it in MLS right now.

Let him come over and get kicked for a while as the refs just watch. That and some good ol' American HGH will have him running for 90' and defending like a man possessed.

You didn't say this, but it boggles my mind when people blast Julian and praise other "young" talents who have 4 years on him. The kid will be okay. He needs some time. But he's a little light now. Between he and Akale and Zelalem, we have some skinny kids on the way.

Excuse me. Time for some me time after thinking about our U-20s maturing into our senior side and Pep or Jose taking over as U.S. manager.

I would never root for a team coached by Pep or Jose. They're assholes. It would crush me as an American.

It's going to be Vermees or Kreis. That's what Sunil wants.

Kreis is the best American coach in the business. If Klinsmann does get replaced by an American, and they hire someone other than Kreis it better be for one of two reasons, A) Kreis turns it down to stay here (hopefully) or B) US soccer are idiots

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert
I would never root for a team coached by Pep or Jose. They're assholes. It would crush me as an American.

I never got this, many great coaches have been called assholes by how they are portrayed in the media. whether they really are or not in person is another matter. There have been cases where the relationship with the players may be totally different. I am not saying that is a requirement to being a legendary coach is to be an asshole, its just that sometimes i feel opinions are swayed solely by how they answer to questions or how they act in post game press conferences.

Yall better hope we don't win an MLS cup or two in the next four years, bc Kreis is going to the nats for sure in that case.
no question - but thatd be win - win for club exposure and national identity... he really encompasses the progressive style we should see domestic coaches implementing in coming years from youth level to pros... i long for the day we can have a US based program that is doing it right, possession/attacking soccer led by American minds

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

God I hope it's not Vermees. He's a very effective MLS manager, but him taking over a technical director spot would set the game back 20 years stylistically.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Status
Not open for further replies.