Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City and NYCFC are set to continue their productive partnership, with reports that Martin Demichelis could make the move across the pond in the summer, according toTuttoMercatoWeb.

The Argentine has emerged as a key member of the City backline this season, but is out of contract in the summer, with little movement to suggest his current deal will be extended.

With Karim Rekik and Jason Denayer possibly returning to the club for next season, Demichelis could well be on his way out.

And it seems as though the 34-year old could join current teammate Frank Lampard in New York, with the Englishman set to begin life in the States at the end of the current Premier League season.

The addition of Demichelis would continue New York City’s trend of luring in a series of big names, with David Villa already in the club’s ranks.

Having seen the two games here in Manchester, I do believe the defence needs strengthening more than the midfield and up front. Martin would be a great signing for the club if it was to happen. You don't play 7 years for Bayern Munich if your a bad player.

Reactions: Kjbert and Bronn FC
I haven't a clue but more than what I earn lol

I can't see his salary being a problem, as I am sure he would find the thought of playing in the MLS appealing.
Yea just thought it'd play into my views on him coming here. I am not a fan of using a DP on the defense, so if we could get him here on a say 600k contract or around there and then buy his cap hit down i'd be good with that.

I haven't a clue but more than what I earn lol

I can't see his salary being a problem, as I am sure he would find the thought of playing in the MLS appealing.

deff DP money. Wouldn't be against a move for a center back if the league allows more DPs. If we wanna think big and be contenders in champions league then we can't neglect the back. However, if we are only allowed 3 dps still, I have to say midfield and attack are the priority in this league.

Reactions: USAfan6
deff DP money. Wouldn't be against a move for a center back if the league allows more DPs. If we wanna think big and be contenders in champions league then we can't neglect the back. However, if we are only allowed 3 dps still, I have to say midfield and attack are the priority in this league.
I bet we definitely get added DP's, question is are they going to stay with the normal 4th DP slot? Or are they going to added those super DP slots where we can get a guy for like a 700k-1m contract (At least thats how i interpreted how they work, may be wrong)? If we get a few of those I definitely don't have an issue with going after Dimechelis and I would actually really like that.

Sure, Portland Timbers can pay a cast-off defender from West Brom as a DP, why not Demichelis... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: USAfan6
Here is a rather famous player who could very well land here for non dp money. Shawn Wright-Phillips- thoughts?

Here could be a potential line up, (when lampard comes). Would any1 take him? He would be a gamble..

Wright-Philips-------Villa-------------Taylor
------------------------Mix-----------------------
-------------Lampard------Poku----------------
Wingert--------------------------------------Brovsky
-----------Mendoza------Hernandez---------------
--------------------Meara----------------------------

Personally I think the midfield is actually the strongest area of the team. Of course we could improve the front line, but I just get the feeling Villa and Taylor could score plenty of goals this season.

Also, there is Nemec and Shelton, so maybe a defensive DP is worth a shout.

Here is a rather famous player who could very well land here for non dp money. Shawn Wright-Phillips- thoughts?

Here could be a potential line up, (when lampard comes). Would any1 take him? He would be a gamble..

Wright-Philips-------Villa-------------Taylor
------------------------Mix-----------------------
-------------Lampard------Poku----------------
Wingert--------------------------------------Brovsky
-----------Mendoza------Hernandez---------------
--------------------Meara----------------------------

Shaun was a great young player at City, but I don't think he has got it anymore. He really seems to have lost it at QPR.

Reactions: Kjbert
SWP for non-DP money? He refused to drop down to the Championship because he didn't want to reduce his £3m/year wages. I can't see him signing under the cap in MLS.

Just read that. I saw his contract is at 60 k a week. WTH are queens park rangers thinking with that contract? I thought it was less, thats why I suggested it.

Just read that. I saw his contract is at 60 k a week. WTH are queens park rangers thinking with that contract? I thought it was less, thats why I suggested it.

If you're asking that then clearly you haven't looked at QPR's transfer policy any time recently. They have become a by-word for throwing silly money at substandard players for the last few years, especially under the leadership of Harry Redknapp, who is renowned for coming in, spending all of his club's money recklessly and then leaving the clubs to dig themselves out of the financial difficulties he's put them in. QPR have a string of players who they can't get rid of due to high wages. At least they don't have the problem they had last year where they signed so many players they couldn't even register them all. That's a problem I've only ever seen before when I've played Football Manager. Clubs are supposed to know better than that.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
If you're asking that then clearly you haven't looked at QPR's transfer policy any time recently. They have become a by-word for throwing silly money at substandard players for the last few years, especially under the leadership of Harry Redknapp, who is renowned for coming in, spending all of his club's money recklessly and then leaving the clubs to dig themselves out of the financial difficulties he's put them in. QPR have a string of players who they can't get rid of due to high wages. At least they don't have the problem they had last year where they signed so many players they couldn't even register them all. That's a problem I've only ever seen before when I've played Football Manager. Clubs are supposed to know better than that.

I am a substandard player, if I hop on a flight over the pond and juggle the ball a couple times u think this Redknapp fellow will throw me 40 k a week or nah? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kjbert
I am a substandard player, if I hop on a flight over the pond and juggle the ball a couple times u think this Redknapp fellow will throw me 40 k a week or nah? :rolleyes:

I'd have said you've had a very good chance, but ironically Redknapp resigned a week ago because the club wouldn't support his deadline day transfer plans.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.