Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never root for a team coached by Pep or Jose. They're assholes. It would crush me as an American.

It's going to be Vermees or Kreis. That's what Sunil wants.

Have to say Kjbert your post has left me speechless. Pep is by far and away the best football coach in the world. I would love it if he came to City in the summer.

I don't think Kries would give the US Team any consideration until he has built New York into a winning team.

I never got this, many great coaches have been called assholes by how they are portrayed in the media. whether they really are or not in person is another matter. There have been cases where the relationship with the players may be totally different. I am not saying that is a requirement to being a legendary coach is to be an asshole, its just that sometimes i feel opinions are swayed solely by how they answer to questions or how they act in post game press conferences.
pep+waving+off.gif

pep-guardiola-wont-shake-caleb-porters-hand-b.gif

i didnt watch the game but IIRC from reports Schweinsteiger came out injured ( though later not as bad as first assumed) and the game was " way too physical" for a friendly. pep was probably pissed he potentially lost a starter.

but if this sole action really over shadows his successful careers work then i dont know what to tell you. Here he got heated and that it, he didnt shake your hand, move on, he is sure not the first nor the last to do this in any part of the world.

If this "asshole" gets you the WC title you go for it.

i didnt watch the game but IIRC from reports Schweinsteiger came out injured ( though later not as bad as first assumed) and the game was " way too physical" for a friendly. pep was probably pissed he potentially lost a starter.

but if this sole action really over shadows his successful careers work then i dont know what to tell you. Here he got heated and that it, he didnt shake your hand, move on, he is sure not the first nor the last to do this in any part of the world.

If this "asshole" gets you the WC title you go for it.
We have no idea how well Pep would do with a team that isn't world class at every position.

You don't actually need to be a mastermind to win a lot of games at Barcelona and Bayern Munich....

I'd take Jose any day. For my money, he would be the perfect US manager. His inclination to play for results is precisely what the senior team needs. He's so, so very hard to beat in a KO competition.

If he wins another UCL and/or EPL title, I could see it happening. He has regularly implied an interest in managing here, even though he sort of ruled out our national team saying it would upset the Portuguese too much.

Reactions: BxLio91
Have to say Kjbert your post has left me speechless. Pep is by far and away the best football coach in the world. I would love it if he came to City in the summer.

I don't think Kries would give the US Team any consideration until he has built New York into a winning team.

Pep has coached two of the world's best squads. Not overly difficult. Unlimited budget to work with at one.

Diego Simeone is the best coach in the world. I love Mourinho as a coach. Just hard to root for. Klinnsman is approaching that territory

Reactions: NYCFCP
We have no idea how well Pep would do with a team that isn't world class at every position.

You don't actually need to be a mastermind to win a lot of games at Barcelona and Bayern Munich....
This is a better argument as why he may not work for the us national team. Not dismissing him because he is an "asshole". Though I do think giving him a cycle can help a lot with development at least in terms of having players start playing in the possession based game. They won't win right away but prob start getting gears going towards that WC win.

However, Even with world class team like Barcelona or bayern you may not need to be a full mastermind but you sure need to know how manage egos an superstars. tata martino failed and luis enrique is also struggling so it's not so clear cut. Pep was able to do it at barcelonas peak.

Still, if I had to pick between mourinho or pep I still always pick mourinho, aside from the tactical awareness and me being a Chelsea fan, it's probably that F the media mentality he tends to have that I sometimes share

Pep has coached two of the world's best squads. Not overly difficult. Unlimited budget to work with at one.

Diego Simeone is the best coach in the world. I love Mourinho as a coach. Just hard to root for. Klinnsman is approaching that territory

Pep took Barcelona over when it was falling apart under Rijkaard.

He actually got them to play the high pressing game. Probably the best football I have ever seen was when he was in charge. Since Pep left they have played well, but nowhere near the intensity and quality when he managed them.

Likewise a couple of Bayern fans come onto our forum and they say he has them playing much better football than under Heynckes.

It is actually much harder to manage the top players than the average players.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins

You have to be someone who knows what he is talking about and get them on boar, otherwise they would never play for you.

The late great Brian Clough found that out at Leeds United many years ago. He thought he could just walk into a dressing room full of internationals and dictate to them, only to be out of a job 83 days later.

Reactions: Kjbert

He actually got them to play the high pressing game. Probably the best football I have ever seen was when he was in charge. Since Pep left they have played well, but nowhere near the intensity and quality when he managed them.

Likewise a couple of Bayern fans come onto our forum and they say he has them playing much better football than under Heynckes.

Heynckes won the treble with damn near the same squad Pep took over from him. I'd say so far they haven't done better. Granted winning a treble every year is impossible.

In no way has Bayern been better than under Heynckes. Not even close, really. Doesn't say much about pep, but how can a team that was humiliated in the UCL play better football than a team that was undoubtedly the best in the world?

And they're wrong. If I'm a NYCFC fan that thinks Kreis is a better manager than Mourninho it doesn't make it right just because I'm a fan of the team.

You mean in your opinion they are wrong. After all the game is all about opinions. In my opinion Pep is easily the best manager in the world. I know you won't agree, but then life would be boring if we all agreed.

You mean in your opinion they are wrong. After all the game is all about opinions. In my opinion Pep is easily the best manager in the world. I know you won't agree, but then life would be boring if we all agreed.
I'm not disagreeing that he is the best in the world in this instance, even though I don't think he is. I'm just saying that there is no way, factually, that he had the team playing better than Heynckes when in every single category and competition, he did worse, not better and certainly not "much better" as your post claims.

But like you said, I guess it's all a matter of opinion and this isn't the thread for it so I'll leave it at that :)

Reactions: Paul
Status
Not open for further replies.