Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi to NYCFC! You heard it here first, folks!

B6Wbx7-IIAI8Jcj.jpg:large

Credit: @Enemigo
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/frank-lampard-thread.1910/page-11#post-36995
That's pretty good. I'd love to see that get plastered all over Twitter/Instagram/Reddit just to see the shitstorm it would set off amongst the usual band of internet village idiots.

Woof. I can just see all those authentic tops blowning right off the heads of those grassroots types right now.........of course it would all be done organically.......

My only real concern is his health/age. I am not mad that he chose to play for Barca instead of waiting for an expansion team to suit up. How much injury-free soccer does he really have left? I guess if its only a 1-2 year deal it would not be too bad... but he would be our second 35+ year old DP :eek:

That's the only real concern I have as well, and it's a legit one. He's already mentioned feeling the fatigue more in his advanced age.

Reactions: Gene
Xavi still starts sporadically for Barca and gets consistent playing time when healthy. That should be more than enough evidence that he can walk into any lineup in the MLS. That's aside from the fact that he does actually still play well when given PT and in a much better league. Not to mention his proven chemistry with Villa.
He plays well, but like BxLio91 BxLio91 has said there is no way he would be able to operate in our midfield. We would lose just about every game if our midfield was Mix, Lampard, and Xavi. Especially since our defense isn't the greatest and would be exposed constantly.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Xavi is going to pout constantly because he won't have Busquets Rakitic or Iniesta to run for him. Unless you expect FmL to do it. It's real life not fifa or fm, you can't just throw names together. They have to make sense on the pitch. We should start finessing Iniesta to get him as soon as possible if possible.

Yes, because that's what Xavi is known for... pouting. What?

Reactions: Kjbert
Looks like in year one the focus is on marketable players more than anything. Slightly disappointing, but understandable. If Xavi and Lampard put an extra 5k butts in the seats each game thru the end of 2016, that'll help us build presence. But the focus for wave two better be on talent and youth more than name.

Reactions: Kjbert and Kubah
I know formation is important, but talent trumps any formation.

If Kreis ran out these guys in a 6-2-2 they would beat 11 of us playing a 4-4-2 Diamond. It might not be optimal, but Xavi can still play.

You just make it work. Play a 4-2-3-1. Let Xavi and a DM play deep. Put Mix in the 10. Play Frank out right and Villa out left with Shelton up top.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
I have no clue how he would fit into the team, or how good he is anymore; I haven't seen anything other than the odd YouTube clip in a while. But I wouldnt be able to control my excitement if Ronaldinho decided to come to NYC. In fact, I'd like it if he came to the MLS, even if it's for a different team, so I could see him play. He'd be good for atleast 5 goals a season on free kicks, even if he just walks around the rest of the match.

When I was younger I would watch YouTube videos of him and then go outside and try the tricks myself. Still can't do any of them, but watching him really got me into soccer.
Stop trolling. Bro, that guy is a massive joke now. He can't be bothered to do shit. Ask his ligamx club.

Reactions: Kjbert
Stop trolling. Bro, that guy is a massive joke now. He can't be bothered to do shit. Ask his ligamx club.
i guess youtube makes you a good player now...
Not sure what you guys are talking about?
I was in no way suggesting we actually sign him. I was just saying the little kid in me would be excited to see him play in person (something I never got to do).
I don't think I'm trolling to suggest it could be exciting to see my favorite player ever play in the league? I even say I have no clue how good he is.

In a post right above this I say I wouldn't want Xavi, who is 10x the player Ronaldinho is now, for basically the exact reasons we wouldn't sign Ronaldinho.

Not sure what you guys are talking about?
I was in no way suggesting we actually sign him. I was just saying the little kid in me would be excited to see him play in person (something I never got to do).
I don't think I'm trolling to suggest it could be exciting to see my favorite player ever play in the league? I even say I have no clue how good he is.

In a post right above this I say I wouldn't want Xavi, who is 10x the player Ronaldinho is now, for basically the exact reasons we wouldn't sign Ronaldinho.
Relax, Brodinho. Just busting your balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.