Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what we've seen so far, would more of you be happy with Demechellis?

Would you prefer demechellis or xavi?

personally, I think we would win a lot more games with a guy like Demechellis in the back. But Im prob one of the few people who would actually like him as a Dp. I had my reservations at first about getting a center back Dp after the Marquez horror story at red bull, but Marquez sucked mainly cause his attitude sucked…A DP center back would give us a VERY balanced team. We would have a leader in the back in Demechellis, lamps and mix in the middle and Villa leading up top. Could make us very dangerous.

Why Belfast? And why does he need a US visa at all? He's a UK citizen
Do UK citizens not need a work permit to play in the US?

I wonder if they are delaying the actual signing until the CBA is sorted. Maybe he couldn't play anywhere else if he is on the books and they strike.

Reactions: Paul
Would you prefer demechellis or xavi?

personally, I think we would win a lot more games with a guy like Demechellis in the back. But Im prob one of the few people who would actually like him as a Dp. I had my reservations at first about getting a center back Dp after the Marquez horror story at red bull, but Marquez sucked mainly cause his attitude sucked…A DP center back would give us a VERY balanced team. We would have a leader in the back in Demechellis, lamps and mix in the middle and Villa leading up top. Could make us very dangerous.

Forget about the title DP. DP is anyone that makes over 389k. Liam Ridgewell, a serviceable CB in the Premiership, is a DP. Demechellis, I think (and I think you would agree), is on a different level than Marquez. My two cents.

Now, would I prefer Xavi or Demechellis? Great question. I don't think this team is ready to win an MLS Cup. Maybe not for 3 years. I'm hopeful, but in my heart of hearts, there's a reason RSL and NER let guys like Grabavoy, Wingert, Mullins and Taylor go. I don't think this team can compete against NER, DCU or even Toronto on a regular basis.

So that being said, I take Xavi. He puts more butts in the seats, it makes a bigger statement today and we build momentum.

But in two years, I would say you sure up the back-line.

Reactions: sbrylski
Here's how I imagine Kreis would line them up (sans our CB toss-up situation):

Kreis prefers a narrow formation (4-4-2 diamond) with width coming from the full backs in support. We won't have the correct midfield makeup to play the diamond, but we could try a narrow 4-2-3-1 like this:

Code:
---------------------Villa----------------------
------------------------------------------------
----------Calle-------Mix-------Lampard---------
--------------Grabavoy------Xavi----------------
---Wingert----Hernandez----Facey------Williams--

Xavi acts as a deep lying playmaker, tasked with spraying passes all over the field to advance the ball up the middle. Grabavoy is his partner and is expected to make key tackles as the last line of midfield defense. Poku and Jacobson are the reserves for these two spots, and sometimes Mix.

Lampard doesn't have the pace to play as a winger, but as a RCM he could thrive around the box, working off Xavi behind him, Mix along side him, and Villa in front. Calle on the other side is also a creative player with more pace, perfect for a hybrid LCM/LW role. Mix is in the middle as a box-to-box mid with the workrate to play a role defensively.

This would put some pressure on Wingert and Williams to be able to move forward, particularly on the right side, to provide width in the attack. But that's what Kreis would want in the 4-4-2 diamond anyway.

It could work.

Mix will have to play D-Mid. He' the only one with the legs for it. And he'll be run into the ground. This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Reyna has made me loathe him. What a shill.

Reactions: Paul
That's more on Soriano, Txiki. They love themselves some Barcelona. The only positives are that Dunny, Brandt, Khiry, Tommy and Poku!!! are going to learn so much from the DPs.

Reactions: Sabo
Xavi Hernandez negotiates his departure to New York City MLS

As reported by a listener to 'The Rail', the player has been met with emissaries of the club, you have convinced to leave at the end of season

Everything has been forged in Xativa Arrosseria Les Corts de la Cale Bordeaux Barcelona. The meeting was attended by the player, his father Joachim and Ivan Corretja, representative, along with an executive of Manchester City, New York team matrix.

The idea is that Xavi, who just turned 35 years last January, march to the end of the MLS season. There he shared computer Lampard and David Villa, who is a close friend.

The representative of the club is staying at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Wednesday and returns to England. He leaves with the commitment of player that will play in New York City next season.

http://cadenaser.com/programa/2015/03/04/el_larguero/1425428297_541648.html

Maybe deal done.

Reactions: Kjbert
From what I've heard about Kreis it doesn't seem to me like he would want a midfield that consists for Lampard, Xavi, and Mix for balance reasons. If this happens I wonder how much he approves.

Status
Not open for further replies.