Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I haven't ever seen Calle play. I would rather us buy a player that is going to help cover our weak defense, not leave them more exposed, and would counter act the fact that we don't have the greatest defensive or mobile midfield.

The team doesn't want to purchase a player. That's become evident.

You complain about the current situation, yet you offer no solution. Who is this secret player you want us to sign instead of Xavi?

The team doesn't want to purchase a player. That's become evident.

You complain about the current situation, yet you offer no solution. Who is this secret player you want us to sign instead of Xavi?
Everyone_db2e44_443501.jpg

No one has any idea how he would translate over here, but it is a valid position to not want 35 (or 37!) year olds, no matter how good they are (or have been)

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
The player i want is NASRI!!!

"Je voudrais évoluer en Major League Soccer, comme Thierry Henry. J'aime le style de vie aux Etats-Unis et tout le reste"

Quote from today:

"I want to come to MLS, like Henry. I like the lifestyle and everything else"

Would be my dream player, and Man City are planning on selling him.

"Je voudrais évoluer en Major League Soccer, comme Thierry Henry. J'aime le style de vie aux Etats-Unis et tout le reste"

Quote from today:

Give them Lampard for Nasri

http://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?spielerposition_id=alle

Here is a reliable website with all of the players in the world that are currently on a contract that will end in the summer transfer window. There are A LOT of great options on this list that are younger and can make just as big of a impact (or more) as Xavi that we could get for free and are viable possibilities. Just a couple of names for a teaser:
Andrea Ranocchia, CB, Inter, 27
Nigel De Jong, Dmid, AC Milan, 30
Gil, CB, Corinthians, 27
Rio Mavuba, Dmid, Lille, 30
Stepanenko, Dmid, Shakhtar Donetsk, 25
Check the site out and see the rest of these names that are definitely in CFG's reach

I've always liked the idea of using these three months until the Summer to gauge what kind of team we have, where our strengths and weaknesses are, determine chemistry, consider injuries (please no), understand FFF is coming, and factor that all into the DP analysis. If you can find a stud who fills a need, while also checking the other boxes of importance, that's a home run. There also may be a player who is too good to pass up on who may not be a perfect positional fit, but may still make sense given the pedigree and skill, ie, the Best Player Available strategy of free agency/drafting. We will learn a lot in the next few months. Maybe it will turn out our defense and work rate behind the 50 is better than expected and Xavi is perfect, maybe we will get confirmation that we need a DMF like DDR or NDJ. Maybe there will be players interested we haven't considered (eg, [INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE] always wanted to perform on broadway and was offered a part time role in Larry David's new show), etc. I have said that even an older Xavi could still carve up the MLS and may be too good to pass up on even with surplusage in the midfield. But there may be better fits and needs. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
http://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?spielerposition_id=alle

Here is a reliable website with all of the players in the world that are currently on a contract that will end in the summer transfer window. There are A LOT of great options on this list that are younger and can make just as big of a impact (or more) as Xavi that we could get for free and are viable possibilities. Just a couple of names for a teaser:
Andrea Ranocchia, CB, Inter, 27
Nigel De Jong, Dmid, AC Milan, 30
Gil, CB, Corinthians, 27
Rio Mavuba, Dmid, Lille, 30
Stepanenko, Dmid, Shakhtar Donetsk, 25
Check the site out and see the rest of these names that are definitely in CFG's reach
That's a nice list but you're forgetting that MLS still isn't a destination league. How many of those players are actually interested in coming here and right away not in a couple of years?

Reactions: Kjbert
Might as well go for Ronaldinho too if we go by balls skills, experience, name recognition and not sense on the field.
Btw what if Reyna says we're not going after Xavi but the CFG suits just call and say "here's Xavi, figure it out".

That's a nice list but you're forgetting that MLS still isn't a destination league. How many of those players are actually interested in coming here and right away not in a couple of years?
I think that depends on the player and their situation. Like Giovinco's situation... he was on a team that didn't see the value in him which he thought he deserved. Also a lot of players in Serie A are trying to get out because of the poor finincial problems the league is having. Just depends man

Reactions: Kubah
I think that depends on the player and their situation. Like Giovinco's situation... he was on a team that didn't see the value in him which he thought he deserved. Also a lot of players in Serie A are trying to get out because of the poor finincial problems the league is having. Just depends man

Giovinco's salary doubled and his tax rate went down by 33%. I think there is more to the story than you are letting on.

I'm with D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins

Ronaldinho is lazy and has a crappy attitude. Xavi is a better player anyway. He would be a model citizen for this club in its infancy. LAG had Beckham. We would have 3 Beckhams at once.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Might as well go for Ronaldinho too if we go by balls skills, experience, name recognition and not sense on the field.
Btw what if Reyna says we're not going after Xavi but the CFG suits just call and say "here's Xavi, figure it out".

I would be confused if that happens, as Reyna is the Director of Football and he's the one who's supposed to be the one signing players. If he's not picking the recruits then why is he even there?

I think what people are failing to recognize is that Samir Nasri is a massive, massive bell end.

Genuinely laughed out loud at that.

Anyway, Nasri will not be leaving City any time soon and if he does it will not be to the MLS.

As for Xavi, I've already said he would not be an ideal DP because you would struggle to field a solid side that had Mix, Lampard and Xavi all in the midfield. The only way I can see it is if you play 4-3-1-2. Back four, midfield three containing Mix, Xavi and a ball winner (like De Jong), with Lampard operating behind the two strikers. It would be a narrow side though and the strikers would have to be pacey and the full-backs would have to possess the athleticism to run up and down the field to provide the width, as well as having the attacking ability to actually be a threat when they get forward.

However, Lampard really needs to play in a team that stretches defences to allow him to make those perfectly-timed runs into the box. All in all, a team with Lampard, Xavi and Mix would be far from ideal but it could work. Not worth the hassle though in my opinion, too restricted a system by playing them all, and plan B would always involve subbing either Lampard or Xavi.

Reactions: Paul
Honestly I question whether Xavi will do as well here as people are suggesting. Referees protect players far less here than in Spain. Which is why physical ability is one of the most important qualities in this league, unfortunately. How many Jermaine Jones scissor kicks or tackles from behind with studs showing can a 5'5, 35 year old take?

Kaka is another one who I expect to be broken fairly quickly with his knee condition. I remember Beckham would be targeted all the time with some awful challenges.

Quote from today:

Come again for big fudge??

Reactions: Vito
Status
Not open for further replies.