Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recent news on DP3? Is the rumor still De Rossi would love to add an nycfc jersey with his name to his roma jersey I have?

Any recent news on DP3? Is the rumor still De Rossi would love to add an nycfc jersey with his name to his roma jersey I have?

DDR hasn't been mentioned by the press in a month or two. His comments regarding MLS were that he wants to come but he wants to win a scudetto with Roma first, and that's not going to happen this year, so he may well remain in Italy for another year or so yet.

Reactions: Kjbert
DDR has to be one of the most physical players in serie a,I mean come on,he has a tatoo that warns people of him tackling them,he could be broken into the league very quickly.

Everyone talks about DDR and Totti as if they are some kind of gods because they have stayed with one team for so long. However, what have they actually achieved? If your a Roma fan then you love them, but at the end of the day have they taken the easy way by staying with Roma rather than moving to another team or league and actually testing themselves?

Reactions: Kjbert
Everyone talks about DDR and Totti as if they are some kind of gods because they have stayed with one team for so long. However, what have they actually achieved? If your a Roma fan then you love them, but at the end of the day have they taken the easy way by staying with Roma rather than moving to another team or league and actually testing themselves?
I love soccer but I will never understand/agree with this mentality. What is so wrong with being loyal and trying to get your club to another level. Happens all the time in American sports and different teams rise and fall, but in Europe you are looked at as not being ambitious and the same handful of teams compete for titles every year. Never been a fan of that.

Reactions: Gavin23
There was some more talk in the Italian media of De Rossi coming to MLS today. But they're claiming it won't be until 2016 when his contract expires.
Everyone talks about DDR and Totti as if they are some kind of gods because they have stayed with one team for so long. However, what have they actually achieved?
Oh. Nothing special. :rolleyes:
de-rossi-e-totti.jpg

I love soccer but I will never understand/agree with this mentality. What is so wrong with being loyal and trying to get your club to another level. Happens all the time in American sports and different teams rise and fall, but in Europe you are looked at as not being ambitious and the same handful of teams compete for titles every year. Never been a fan of that.

I am not saying anything is wrong with it, but it is also easier to forge a reputation by staying with one team without actually delivering success!! No doubt Totti and DDR are quality players, but would you not say they could have achieved far more in their careers if they had moved to a Juventus, Inter or Milan?

Reactions: FCRU
There was some more talk in the Italian media of De Rossi coming to MLS today. But they're claiming it won't be until 2016 when his contract expires.

Oh. Nothing special. :rolleyes:
de-rossi-e-totti.jpg

Well Italy have always been one of the top teams in the world. I was talking more of what they could have achieved at club level if they had moved from Roma.

I am not saying anything is wrong with it, but it is also easier to forge a reputation by staying with one team without actually delivering success!! No doubt Totti and DDR are quality players, but would you not say they could have achieved far more in their careers if they had moved to a Juventus, Inter or Milan?
True but you said staying at Roma is taking the easy way, I would say the opposite is true. I see moving to a bigger club as taking the easy way.

If we sign Xavi, it will make the club more popular and,, obviously, it will help to sell the tickets. Not to say that shirts with his name will be very popular. I only have 1 question - does this sort of income go to the transfer budget (or how is it called)? If yes, then it's not a bad signing. It would be better only if we (MCFC) would loan Lampard and send Demichelis to NYCFC.

Last edited:
Shelton should play on the wing of attack, Villa up top... And why do we need one more such player in the middle like Mix when we have Poku???? (Not saying it's a bad signing or he's a bad player, just asking about the game style and stuff) 4-2-3-1, Poku box to box, Grabovoy cdm... Lampard in the centre, Shelton on the left, that's still my opinion

P.S. What could you say about signing that grandfather from spain's lowest division? Is it the worst signing ever?

Last edited:
DDR hasn't been mentioned by the press in a month or two. His comments regarding MLS were that he wants to come but he wants to win a scudetto with Roma first, and that's not going to happen this year, so he may well remain in Italy for another year or so yet.
We build more a spanish-speaking team and there still is such an italian team as Montreal, so He's not likely to come here, expecialy since we have enough players for these positions

You know who would be a really good and reasonable addition to our team? Kolo Toure. His contract at Liverpool is up after this season, so he'll be on a free in the likely case LFC don't offer him a new deal. I think he could give us some leadership in the back and help solidify our shoddy defense. Also, he's a pretty strong player with the ball at his feet for a defender and seems to be the sort of player from a personality standpoint that Kreis would like.

Depending on how many secret Garber Bucks we have, we might be able to buy him down to non-DP level, thus removing my objection of not using a dp slot on defenders.

This isn't a rumor. It's just a suggestion. As ridiculous as it sounds, in limited minutes, he's looked a hell of a lot better than Kompany has. Who knows, we may end up with Kompany this summer given how he's played this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.