Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the organization isn't waiting on this guy...........

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...-postponed-031315?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:foxsoccer

Xavi has decided to postpone making a final call on his future in order to concentrate on Barcelona's crucial run-in, with a summer transfer to New York City FC looking increasingly unlikely.

The 35-year-old was convinced to stay with the Blaugrana ahead of the 2014-15 campaign by new coach Luis Enrique having originally told close friends that he would join the newly formed MLS club, and is set to make his 750th appearance for the Catalans on Saturday at Eibar.

However, he has yet to decide whether he will remain at Camp Nou beyond the summer, despite having a contract which runs until June 2016, with the USA and Qatar again being touted as possible destinations.

Yeah I have no idea but I would like them bringing in someone this summer and not waiting until January.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari are apparently interested in MLS

Do you not think Villa, Kaka, Giovinco, Gerrard etc would have had offers from the top European leagues?

Difference is De Jong can still get the big money in Europe, be on a championship contender and still play in the Champions League. Out of the guys you listed maybe 2 of them would have had the same opportunity by remaining at their current club.

Reactions: Kjbert
I hope we get someone who hasn't been mentioned,but I can't think of anyone else.But I feel it could be DDR. He has been mentioned to be leaving Roma this summer!

There's a reason why DDR is rumored to leaving, he's had a very poor season. By his standards it's been terrible. Maybe coming to MLS would help him though.

Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari are apparently interested in MLS

Yeah, Muntari is talking about it when his contract expires… in 2017. Word is that he and Boateng are talking to LAFC. LAFC has other things to worry about first before signing players.

Well we know for certain that it will be someone who is a free transfer. That should help us narrow it down.
The fee isn't the problem its what the league says you can pay them most top top players are on more a week than your allowed to pay a year,hence your looking at players at the end of their careers or players like alitdore ? That just arnt good enough to get another club or the likes of kaka who would only get a mid table club and don't fancy it after being at the top for a while

The team needs some speedy players but also a good defensive player. I don't know about the speedy player but is Xabi Alonso maybe possible? Might be not needed at Bayern after this season.

The fee isn't the problem its what the league says you can pay them most top top players are on more a week than your allowed to pay a year,hence your looking at players at the end of their careers or players like alitdore ? That just arnt good enough to get another club or the likes of kaka who would only get a mid table club and don't fancy it after being at the top for a while
I'm happy that you found our forum and MLS, but please read up on the rules regarding player acquisitions in,our league. Here is last year's rules which should help you figure out some things: http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations

So yes NYCFC can acquire high priced players if they want. But they so far have avoided any player that required a transfer fee.

Man, I wish we had someone like Altidore to pair up top with Villa. Amazing the difference when he has at least a championship quality midfield around him.

I know Toronto lost, but he's the Uber Black SUV and we have the Uber-X.

Anyone who was there tonight and enjoyed the flair of play between Villa and Mix must understand how much fun it would be to watch Xavi play with them.

And for those of you who wanted to scream at Grabavoy every time he made a run and tripped over himself - remember that the guy making that run in July will be Frank Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.