Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who would be a really good and reasonable addition to our team? Kolo Toure. His contract at Liverpool is up after this season, so he'll be on a free in the likely case LFC don't offer him a new deal. I think he could give us some leadership in the back and help solidify our shoddy defense. Also, he's a pretty strong player with the ball at his feet for a defender and seems to be the sort of player from a personality standpoint that Kreis would like.

Depending on how many secret Garber Bucks we have, we might be able to buy him down to non-DP level, this removing my objection of not using a dp slot on defenders.

This isn't a rumor. It's just a suggestion. As ridiculous as it sounds, in limited minutes, he's looked a hell of a lot better than Kompany has. Who knows, we may end up with Kompany this summer given how he's played this year.

Completely forgot about him. That would be a great pickup to solidify our back line. Definitely would like seeing him play here

FWIW, I've read a couple of articles this week stating that Daniele De Rossi is out of favor with Roma. I watched 1/2 of the game today. I don't think he played.

This is the reason I post this - the Italian press seems to think De Rossi is shot. His legs are gone and his attitude is poor.

I understand he plays a position of need, and maybe he can be had now in the summer as Roma is looking to offload his contract. But if Xavi is old and Lampard is old - you can't deny the fact that we are getting the same reports about De Rossi now. Maybe we should go after neither of Xavi and De Rossi.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
FWIW, I've read a couple of articles this week stating that Daniele De Rossi is out of favor with Roma. I watched 1/2 of the game today. I don't think he played.

This is the reason I post this - the Italian press seems to think De Rossi is shot. His legs are gone and his attitude is poor.

I understand he plays a position of need, and maybe he can be had now in the summer as Roma is looking to offload his contract. But if Xavi is old and Lampard is old - you can't deny the fact that we are getting the same reports about De Rossi now. Maybe we should go after neither of Xavi and De Rossi.

I think Xavi would offer more than DDR. I would be surprised if both players wouldn't be able to influence teams in the MLS, but I think Kries's style of play would mean Xavi would probably be the better of the two for us.

Eh. I don't know. Look at the difference Jermaine Jones has made. DDR is basically a more skilled version of him. I think DDR is more of a need in the midfield than Xavi is. We already have Mix and soon Lampard that can get forward. But we lack a midfield general like Beckerman who was extremely important to Kreis at RSL. Someone who can shield the back line as well as spread long balls from deep positions. Which is exactly what De Rossi does best. And he's also four years younger than Xavi, and has more than just two seasons left in his legs.
I would seriously consider a fullback for our DP3. It is our weakest position BY FAR. And strangely one that Kreis relies on with his diamond. Or give Facey a run out there. Because I don;t trust wingert there, he looks slow as hell. Its like Kreis didn't realize his boys aged a year and a half since he saw them last.
I was thinking this as well. Normally I'm not a fan of defenders on designated contracts. But full back is such an important position for Kreis' system so I think this is an exception. Dani Alves would be perfect and his contract is expiring. But I'm sure he has plenty of suitors in Europe still. Perhaps someone more likely could be Maicon. He's still a hell of a player going forward. And it seems like he's slowly being phased out as a starter at Roma.

Right now none of our full backs seem to have the ability to overlap and provide width. Which is a problem in such a narrow formation.

I don't know if Dani Alves would help on the whole not giving up goals problem.

And I'm not convinced DDR has as much left in the tank as JJJ. Also, I don't think you can over-state how seriously Jones takes his job here. I agree with your assessment of the two, but all things considered, in our hypothetical world, I'd still take Jones.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
I know you hate NDJ but at least he'd have time to make himself a little less hated compared to Fat Frank.

I know De Jong has two or three high profile, inadvisable tackles in his career, but: "To date the only red card De Jong has received in his professional career was a sending off for two bookable offences in a match for Hamburg against Rapid Bucharest in the 2005–06 edition of the UEFA Cup." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_de_Jong

A foursome of De Jong, Mix, Xavi, and Lampard in a midfield diamond would be insane. With Villa up top? Shivers. Just need to find a full back or two and we are in BUSINESS. (Who cares about CB, the other team will never make it past De Jong.)

Find a way!

DDR, Xavi, Alves, De Jong....

I'd be over the moon if Kreis signed Will Trapp, Omar Gonzalez or Sean Franklin.
Will Trapp would be incredible in that dm role. Sadly, there's no chance of that happening until he's 28.

Jermaine Jones is a better player right now than add Rossi. It's almost not debatable right now. DDR looks shot.

Reactions: Kubah
we should get Ricardo Quaresma from Fc Porto.. Hoping the upper management is reading this
Clearly a talented player, but everything I've ever heard about him makes it seem like a player we would most definitely not want.

Reactions: Kjbert
From the first league match, NYCFC looks like it needs more "bite" in the midfield and, overall, more athleticism and speed (maybe partly to do with the age of our players) .... in MLS terms, players like Kyle Beckerman/Osvaldo Alonso and Lloyd Sam/DeAndre Yedlin/Obafemi Martins. I think one of the former group and two or three of the latter group would really make all the difference for this team. I'll let those more familiar with the world soccer market and available players decide the best ones to fill these two voids for our team. I believe NYCFC can be loaned at least three more players from MCFC .... can't the parent club help us in these areas at least until NYCFC is able to bridge the gap through player acquistion?

For purposes of team chemistry, I would like to avoid players coming and going but when you have very little, you take what you can get.

You sure? I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the first time a City player appeared to sign for one franchise and played for another. Not positive, though.

DDR is a overrated player.
In MLS, he would immediately be the best DM in the league. (And I'm a massive Kyle Beckerman and Alonso fan.) He'd be worth his weight in gold in that destroyer role.

Reactions: whill4 and Vito
You sure? I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the first time a City player appeared to sign for one franchise and played for another. Not positive, though.

In MLS, he would immediately be the best DM in the league. (And I'm a massive Kyle Beckerman and Alonso fan.) He'd be worth his weight in gold in that destroyer role.
I say sign him up and let's prove it.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Status
Not open for further replies.