Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. A DP, Villa for example has a $6 million salary but will only use $387,500 out of the $3.1 million salary cap.
Right I got it totally wrong then .thanks but just to put that into perspective then I think that equates to about £76,000 a week Wayne Rooney who is regarded as one of the UK's top earners is on £300,000 a week.still if you can offer that it should get some decent standard prem players
So if 3 of your DPS took the full $378 allocation it doesn't leave much left for the rest then ?

Right I got it totally wrong then .thanks but just to put that into perspective then I think that equates to about £76,000 a week Wayne Rooney who is regarded as one of the UK's top earners is on £300,000 a week.still if you can offer that it should get some decent standard prem players
So if 3 of your DPS took the full $378 allocation it doesn't leave much left for the rest then ?
Nope. Which is why we're so "shit". Doesn't bother me, it's my local club and it feels much more genuine to me even though I've followed Real Madrid since 2000. I'm 23.

Reactions: Paul
Nope. Which is why we're so "shit". Doesn't bother me, it's my local club and it feels much more genuine to me even though I've followed Real Madrid since 2000. I'm 23.
Who said anything about being shit?at least you don't lose to Burnley.
Don't ever follow a team because of what of what it wins,follow it for what it means to you and what it can bring to your life
I know you think everyone hates you on blue moon but checkout how many enjoyed the match last night,I certainty did ,as I think the EPL has gone a bit stale for me

So essentially NYCFC could sign Messi, pay the $500 million transfer fee, pay him $25 million a year but his salary hit on NYCFC's cap would be $387,500 or whatever the new CBA says it is.

But they won't do that.

Reactions: FCRU and Kjbert
So essentially NYCFC could sign Messi, pay the $500 million transfer fee, pay him $25 million a year but his salary hit on NYCFC's cap would be $387,500 or whatever the new CBA says it is.

But they won't do that.
To be fair no club in the world would do deals at that level.
Thanks for clearing up the salary cap thing most people over here probably thought the same as me.
Is seems to me if you have your 3DPS then the rest of the team suffers and you end up with 8 average players to fall inside the wage cap.I'm not sure that's the way to promote and grow your league
Having watched some games this weekend carnt believe some of the absolute shit EPL players that have turned up to steal a living jozy altidore wouldn't get in an English pub team then have I seen St ledger ,ridgewell ,and some dead wood from stoke and Norwich. To make the league a success they realy need to do their home work and aim higher than that lot

To be fair no club in the world would do deals at that level.
Thanks for clearing up the salary cap thing most people over here probably thought the same as me.
Is seems to me if you have your 3DPS then the rest of the team suffers and you end up with 8 average players to fall inside the wage cap.I'm not sure that's the way to promote and grow your league
Having watched some games this weekend carnt believe some of the absolute shit EPL players that have turned up to steal a living jozy altidore wouldn't get in an English pub team then have I seen St ledger ,ridgewell ,and some dead wood from stoke and Norwich. To make the league a success they realy need to do their home work and aim higher than that lot
Although $1.2 million on 3 players does hurt a cap of around (maybe) $4 million. Essentially your leaving $2.8 million for 17 other players (players 21-28 count towards cap). But it's doable in MLS if your smart.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ronaldo, it's hinted, will join MLS in 2018 after his current Madrid contract runs out.

It said he'll only go to New York, LA, or Miami.

Last edited:
This is my speculation but things are going bad for Julian Green in Europe right now.

If things don't turn around for him soon, how long before an MLS team swoops in with an offer he can't refuse?

Yeah, the salary cap, the way it is now, is a total joke. There's a million loopholes and exemptions so even though it looks really small, you can spend way more on players than the "cap".

There will be clubs paying 25-30 million in salaries this season with a 3.6 million dollar cap. Lol

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Things are only going bad for Julian because he is on loan to Hamburg,I don't think it would be good for him to come to the mls now.
I mean you're right it is too early but if he goes somewhere else and still really struggles, I'm sure MLS clubs are watching with a lot more money than he'll get anywhere else.

An early 20s USMNT player that came from Bayern Munich? It'll have them drooling.

Yeah, the salary cap, the way it is now, is a total joke. There's a million loopholes and exemptions so even though it looks really small, you can spend way more on players than the "cap".
As an example then can say etihad sponsor a player to boost his wages then ?
There will be clubs paying 25-30 million in salaries this season with a 3.6 million dollar cap. Lol

No, the only exemptions given based on the clubs own actions are homegrown player exemptions and allocation money for reaching Champions League or getting a transfer fee for a player.

Allocation money allows you to "buy down" a player's salary so you can fit them under the cap. Its actually why Mix Diskerud isn't considered a DP player for us even though he makes DP money.

I mean you're right it is too early but if he goes somewhere else and still really struggles, I'm sure MLS clubs are watching with a lot more money than he'll get anywhere else.

An early 20s USMNT player that came from Bayern Munich? It'll have them drooling.

Presumably not us though, we are pretty far down in the order at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.