Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying you understand based on his connection to Villa? Thats what I thought, but him going to Wilmington makes no sense along those lines. Although his play might be better suited to USL.
Yea that what I meant. Aren't you confusing him with CB Fran Martinez?

For the people that follow Serie A, it's not a shock to anyone. I think people are making a bigger deal of it than it is really.

Serie A was jam packed with talent and that talent made the BPL what it is today. Too many good players couldn't find playing time and opted to go to England to be able to play. The same thing is starting to slowly happen with the MLS. Whether it's a good last paycheck or playing time, MLS is a legit destination now.

As far as De Rossi goes. He has a house here. He comes to America a lot. He speaks highly of its culture and his desire to live here. It wouldn't be a shock for him to play here. He doesn't need the money really. So it might be his desire to live here. I can't see Roma letting him go though.

Imagine what our diamond would look like with De Rossi, Lampard and Mix in it...salivating. With the direction this team is going, looking like a slower Italian style play, he'd be perfect.

As a fan of italian football, I can say Serie A is struggling. Too much corruption amongst other things really hurt the league. It's still a top 5 league though. It wouldn't shock me to see the MLS surpass them within the next 5 years. Unless the MLS screws it up.

Last edited:
The de Rossi article talked about Orlando and Toronto being the other clubs interested. Don't the two of them already have three dp's (thus making NYCFC the only club with a DP spot open)?

Also who ever is linked with the club in the future, can we make sure not to over hype it. That's not directed at anyone, so please don't take offense, but living in NY when we went through "the decision" with Lebron James, I think that we've been through enough of that to last us NY's a good while.

Reactions: Kjbert
Serie A was jam packed with talent and that talent made the BPL what it is today. Too many good players couldn't find playing time and opted to go to England to be able to play. The same thing is starting to slowly happen with the MLS. Whether it's a good last paycheck or playing time, MLS is a legit destination now.

I don't think you'll see it with the frequency people think. Giovinco was an exception to the rule. The other players that came from Serie A were usually older and were looking for that one big payday. I don't see the faucet opening any time soon, especially with the younger players.

As far as De Rossi goes. He has a house here. He comes to America a lot. He speaks highly of its culture and his desire to live here. It wouldn't be a shock for him to play here. He doesn't need the money really. So it might be his desire to live here. I can't see Roma letting him go though.

His contract with Roma runs out next year, but with the way he's been playing this year and if Roma miss the CL (and with the way they've been playing lately it's a very good possibility), they will need some money. I could see them jettisoning his contract, especially since he's the highest guy on the payroll.

Imagine what our diamond would look like with De Rossi, Lampard and Mix in it...salivating. With the direction this team is going, looking like a slower Italian style play, he'd be perfect.

I'm not sure where they would fit in it though? You going to put Lampard or Mix out wide? DDR usually anchors in front of the defense.

As a fan of italian football, I can say Serie A is struggling. Too much corruption amongst other things really hurt the league. It's still a top 5 league though. It wouldn't shock me to see the MLS surpass them within the next 5 years. Unless the MLS screws it up.

I don't see MLS gaining ground on Serie A anytime soon in terms of football. In terms of stadia, it's already passed it, but Serie A has finally woken up and knows what it needs to do. Juve's got its great stadium, Udinese will have their renovated soon, Roma's breaks ground this year, Milan could break ground this year or next year. Fiorentina will have a new one soon as well. Teams are finally waking up and realizing that they're missing the boat with the status quo.

Reactions: Gentile and whill4
Think the talk of a midfield of lampard and DDR or xavi would be ruthlessly exposed by any team with energy in the middle.you could get away with one football brain but not two.
I carnt understand why nycfc arnt looking at bringing in a decent centre half maybe as a DP ?

Think the talk of a midfield of lampard and DDR or xavi would be ruthlessly exposed by any team with energy in the middle.you could get away with one football brain but not two.
I carnt understand why nycfc arnt looking at bringing in a decent centre half maybe as a DP ?
Who said they're getting Xavi? Theyve never said they're getting one person or another. They've said numerous times they're looking at multiple options and positions. They were trying to get Xavi before the La Liga season started so probably before they signed Lampard and Xavi went back to Barcelona.
Id prefer a LB/RB with pace that can help us get forward and contribute on the defensive side of things as well.
After these 3 games I think what we lack the most is width.

Who said they're getting Xavi? Theyve never said they're getting one person or another. They've said numerous times they're looking at multiple options and positions. They were trying to get Xavi before the La Liga season started so probably before they signed Lampard and Xavi went back to Barcelona.
Id prefer a LB/RB with pace that can help us get forward and contribute on the defensive side of things as well.
After these 3 games I think what we lack the most is width.
Both players have been linked thats all,but I wouldn't go for another brain as opposed to legs in midfield
Wild stab in the dark Ashley Cole then. ?or with the city connection Micah Richards is available on a free transfer

Last edited:
I don't think you'll see it with the frequency people think. Giovinco was an exception to the rule. The other players that came from Serie A were usually older and were looking for that one big payday. I don't see the faucet opening any time soon, especially with the younger players.

His contract with Roma runs out next year, but with the way he's been playing this year and if Roma miss the CL (and with the way they've been playing lately it's a very good possibility), they will need some money. I could see them jettisoning his contract, especially since he's the highest guy on the payroll.

I'm not sure where they would fit in it though? You going to put Lampard or Mix out wide? DDR usually anchors in front of the defense.

I don't see MLS gaining ground on Serie A anytime soon in terms of football. In terms of stadia, it's already passed it, but Serie A has finally woken up and knows what it needs to do. Juve's got its great stadium, Udinese will have their renovated soon, Roma's breaks ground this year, Milan could break ground this year or next year. Fiorentina will have a new one soon as well. Teams are finally waking up and realizing that they're missing the boat with the status quo.

I didn't mean talent wise. Serie A is somewhat underrated in my opinion. I'd give Juve a chance against any team in the world. When they are playing their game, they can beat anyone. I was speaking in regards to success as a league.

You'd put DD as a CDM on the bottom of the diamond. Lampard would have to go up top though. Not sure if the speed and stamina is there for him to play wide. Mix would have to go wide. Guessing Jacobson on the other side. All I know is that putting De Rossi as a Defensive Mid on this team...he'd be the best in the league. He had a nice goal the other night, still him & Roma aren't playing well of late. Rumor has it TFC & Orlando offered like 6m for him to come. If that is true, it has to happen. I love him, but there is no way he should be making the most in Serie A. He should be making 3/m. With those kind of numbers being thrown around, De Rossi to the MLS doesn't seem like a pipe dream anymore. I'm still waiting for the NYRB/Giuseppe Rossi rumors to start.

Reactions: juventuz

Are you sure? Spain played and destroyed with two football "brains", Xavi and Iniesta. And then in Barcelona they ultra detroyed with three football "brains" Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

I just think the addition of Xavi would make the midfield better. He and Lampard can be compatible with Mix.

Reactions: Kjbert
With those players I would rather go with a 4-3-3 with De Rossi as the D-mid and Mix and Lampard as the attacking mids. Or a 4-2-3-1 with De Rossi and Mix as the d-mids and Lampard as the central attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.