Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With those players I would rather go with a 4-3-3 with De Rossi as the D-mid and Mix and Lampard as the attacking mids. Or a 4-2-3-1 with De Rossi and Mix as the d-mids and Lampard as the central attacker.

A 4-3-3 with two vets in the midfield would get run over. Need to compact it.

I like the 4-2-3-1, as I think we have a lot of depth at holding mid (Mix, Jacobson, Grabavoy, Poku, and DDR in this scenario) and it's a way to get Shelton (right mid) on the field at the same time as Villa (up top).

If only our fullbacks were stronger, I think the 4-4-2 diamond would be the obvious play for the second half of the season in this scenario. DDR plays at the base, with Mix and Grabavoy in the middle providing some legs, and Lampard up top to save him from defensive duties. Villa and Nemec up top, with Shelton coming on for Lampard later in games to widen and speed up the attack for a late push (in a holding 4-3-3 with Villa-Nemec-Shelton across the top).

A 4-3-3 with two vets in the midfield would get run over. Need to compact it.

I like the 4-2-3-1, as I think we have a lot of depth at holding mid (Mix, Jacobson, Grabavoy, Poku, and DDR in this scenario) and it's a way to get Shelton (right mid) on the field at the same time as Villa (up top).

If only our fullbacks were stronger, I think the 4-4-2 diamond would be the obvious play for the second half of the season in this scenario. DDR plays at the base, with Mix and Grabavoy in the middle providing some legs, and Lampard up top to save him from defensive duties. Villa and Nemec up top, with Shelton coming on for Lampard later in games to widen and speed up the attack for a late push (in a holding 4-3-3 with Villa-Nemec-Shelton across the top).
I put Grabavoy into the "vets" category above. He knows what he needs to do, and he can do the touch passes, and has the vision, but the legs aren't there to track back on defense or win the ball back in midfield. I think the games where we struggle to keep possession, even with Frank in place of Ned, we are going to suck, because we can't get the ball to our dangerous pieces. I am really hoping Calle plays like he is worth the $1M transfer fee I've heard rumored. We really need another good young piece in the midfield.

Reactions: Paul
I put Grabavoy into the "vets" category above. He knows what he needs to do, and he can do the touch passes, and has the vision, but the legs aren't there to track back on defense or win the ball back in midfield. I think the games where we struggle to keep possession, even with Frank in place of Ned, we are going to suck, because we can't get the ball to our dangerous pieces. I am really hoping Calle plays like he is worth the $1M transfer fee I've heard rumored. We really need another good young piece in the midfield.

That's fair. I could see Grabavoy falling into a strict backup role for Lampard or another veteran DP brought in this summer.

I also agree that I'm still hoping to see Calle step up. It was strange to see him play on the right side when he got in the game last week, one of his first touches was a perfect cross to switch play with his celebrated left foot. Hope Kreis is putting him in a position to succeed.

Calle (or Jacobson) would be a good pairing for Mix in the middle of the 4-4-2 diamond as well.

Well we can definitely kill the possibility of Xavi coming here. Reports that he is signing a 3 year deal to play in Qatar.

That's fair. I could see Grabavoy falling into a strict backup role for Lampard or another veteran DP brought in this summer.

I also agree that I'm still hoping to see Calle step up. It was strange to see him play on the right side when he got in the game last week, one of his first touches was a perfect cross to switch play with his celebrated left foot. Hope Kreis is putting him in a position to succeed.

Calle (or Jacobson) would be a good pairing for Mix in the middle of the 4-4-2 diamond as well.
I remember reading something that said he likes to play on the right so he can step inside with the ball and shoot left footed. Did you nee the NYC tweet of his bullet goal in practice? I really can't wait to see him get in the game.

Reactions: Paul
Hooray
tumblr_m3etv4XxTy1rpdvglo1_500.gif

man, you just don't let a talent like Xavi go by..... I am so stunned at people in here and Jason Kreis saying is not needed, etc.... We are talking about probably the best spanish midfielder EVER, let alone the best passer in his generation, which is one of the little problems our midfield seems to have.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
man, you just don't let a talent like Xavi go by..... I am so stunned at people in here and Jason Kreis saying is not needed, etc.... We are talking about probably the best spanish midfielder EVER, let alone the best passer in his generation, which is one of the little problems our midfield seems to have.
Just for starters xavi,frank and villa combined age of 105 wouldn't that have worried you a bit ?

Might as well beg Zidane too come out of retirement too. Let's just sign names regardless of if it makes sense for the big picture. Hey it works in FIFA.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Might as well beg Zidane too come out of retirement too. Let's just sign names regardless of if it makes sense for the big picture. Hey it works in FIFA.
Oh my god. You are not saying that. And I am sorry but Xavi's age is not out of order with other stars that have come to play to the MLS.

And to say that only a team in Qatar would be interested in Xavi is to be really ignorant on the matter.

But I don't want bad blood, I respect your opinions and I am not going to discuss more Xavi themes, as he is not coming anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.