Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are talking about Joey Barton. Fuck me. This season is done. I don't support city beyond my City. But I share and support the idea of playing the right way. Fuck a Barton.

Is there any way that we can sign a possible DP player under a normal contract similar to how we signed Mix? Are there any players willing to take a pay cut to play for NYC FC?

Is there any way that we can sign a possible DP player under a normal contract similar to how we signed Mix? Are there any players willing to take a pay cut to play for NYC FC?
I think that's part of the plan with the "super-max DP" slot. Even without it, it is possible if we have allocation money to buy down the cap hit. I don't know that any of us know our cap number or amount of allocation $ remaining, so whether it is actually feasible for us is a different matter, and one I'm not sure can answered in the hypothetical.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yikes? Pellegrini would be, by quite a distance, the best manager this league has ever had.
Agreed - yikes as in: some are already calling to cut Kreis loose and then this comes out, although, it's not like Pellegrini is coming anytime soon - also, it'll give additional fodder to those who loathe our MCFC ties - which, it's worth mentioning, I could care less about

Reactions: BlueWarrior and kun
That's because they don't tell us the rules. MLS has a major transparency problem.
visual approximation of Garber interpreting MLS rules:

post-19429-Ill-allow-it-gif-Senor-Chang-C-QhT9.gif

you all acting like you never been around transfer rumor season. All of these are just that rumors ( sure there may be some talks but deals can just as easily fall thru). I believe nothing until i see a player wearing our jersey playing for us on the field.

you all acting like you never been around transfer rumor season. All of these are just that rumors ( sure there may be some talks but deals can just as easily fall thru). I believe nothing until i see a player wearing our jersey playing for us on the field.
It's called the rumor thread for a reason. What else are we supposed to talk about? 1 win in 12 games?

It's called the rumor thread for a reason. What else are we supposed to talk about? 1 win in 12 games?
yes, but im reading some people acting like they are done deals and stuff and freaking out. no need to kill yourself when a deal has not even been finalized yet. Some people saying "oh im done with this team if this player comes".

Everybody chill, have fun with it till that ink is dry.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Here's a rumor for you:

NYCFC have at least one other player currently training/on trial with the team. Now the question is will they make any announcements?

Sure they announced Onyewu but that was… well that was a bizarre one off. I'm trying to nail down a confirmation either way.

From my understanding no, he is definitely not a big name.

Could you imagine Jimmy Conrad interviewing Pellegrini at the draft? I think I would pay to watch that

Here's a rumor for you:

NYCFC have at least one other player currently training/on trial with the team. Now the question is will they make any announcements?

Sure they announced Onyewu but that was… well that was a bizarre one off. I'm trying to nail down a confirmation either way.

From my understanding no, he is definitely not a big name.

Just to make sure I understand this - there is another guy who is on trial? Or there is someone training? I think RJ Allen had trained with the team previously, but was not on trial. Being on trial is akin to a 10 day contract in the NBA.

I've always had a feeling that for the major market clubs, if there was a way they could do things that would ultimately help the league, they would look the other way. We have no idea what Mix makes. Let's say it's 500k and we needed to use 150k of allocation money to buy down his contract. What if a guy like Shaun Wright-Phillips is available on 500k wages also. No doubt in my mind MLS would let us "buy down" his contract value so he could fit on the roster. How much allocation money do we have? No one knows because they don't want us to know.

Just to make sure I understand this - there is another guy who is on trial? Or there is someone training? I think RJ Allen had trained with the team previously, but was not on trial. Being on trial is akin to a 10 day contract in the NBA.
I have no idea. NYCFC had their training sessions closed this week. The only information that's come out is information they've wanted to come out, like Onyewu.

They have many times in the past had them open and invited reporters to photograph and interview some players. Not this week.

No way that's a coincidence. Maybe it's because Onyewu was signed to a trial and no one else has been offered that deal yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.