Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you all acting like you never been around transfer rumor season. All of these are just that rumors ( sure there may be some talks but deals can just as easily fall thru). I believe nothing until i see a player wearing our jersey playing for us on the field.
And after December 31st, this couldnt be more true when it comes to NYCFC.

Reactions: leilanikali420
NYCFC (as a product of European football) is very closed when it comes to media access and news releases.

In England, you don't publish salaries and the silly season is just that - silly. Guys can be made not available to the press and that is OK.

I think the team does a miserable job with interacting with the media. I hate to agree with the schmucks at EOS and Gothamist Dan, but they are right here. The club doesn't get NYC or American media yet and it's frustrating.

It does seem to be an American thing drafts, picks,playoffs etc ,most things seem to be complicated beyond belief
Even by American standards, MLS' rules are the most absurd and least transparent.

Outside of, well, the NFL's domestic violence policy. I'd take being pissed over a blind draw over a linebacker beating his kid.

NYCFC (as a product of European football) is very closed when it comes to media access and news releases.

In England, you don't publish salaries and the silly season is just that - silly. Guys can be made not available to the press and that is OK.

I think the team does a miserable job with interacting with the media. I hate to agree with the schmucks at EOS and Gothamist Dan, but they are right here. The club doesn't get NYC or American media yet and it's frustrating.

In the UK football is everything the papers have at least 8 pages to fill each day with 24 hour TV driven with foo.tball news.the press have to get stories or more often just make them up.
In the us football is still a minority spectators sport generating small media coverage ,usually just match reports until football takes off and the players become celebrities the clubs won't interact with the media

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan

I'm ok with them not communication with people that shit on us because they're clearly RBNY supporters and everything they wrote as anti NYCFC until they needed something and then started bitching about the team not talking to them.

Reactions: Gene and BxLio91
Everytime you read a Dave Martinez series of words, you can see red bull fizzing out of your screen.

In the UK football is everything the papers have at least 8 pages to fill each day with 24 hour TV driven with foo.tball news.the press have to get stories or more often just make them up.
In the us football is still a minority spectators sport generating small media coverage ,usually just match reports until football takes off and the players become celebrities the clubs won't interact with the media

In the UK, they just make the stories up to fill paper. Doesn't fly here.

I'm ok with them not communication with people that shit on us because they're clearly RBNY supporters and everything they wrote as anti NYCFC until they needed something and then started bitching about the team not talking to them.
If its the same as the UK there is a lot of jealously from other clubs because of citys wealth this drives the agenda against the club maybe nycfc wealth and who the owners are is driving the press in the US ?

It's the owner, the money and the fact that we're the cheap imitation of the most hated pl team in America.

If its the same as the UK there is a lot of jealously from other clubs because of citys wealth this drives the agenda against the club maybe nycfc wealth and who the owners are is driving the press in the US ?
We just stepped foot in a market where the writers were used to writing for two teams who did not compete. And obviously grew an allegiance to those teams because why wouldn't you support a team that you write for. So they had their beef with NYCFC and now expect to be spoon fed info. However it's not just the NYC based writers it's journalists in general or anyone seeking info that is displeased.
I will say NYCFC has a horrid press team because they really don't have much of one at all yet.

We just stepped foot in a market where the writers were used to writing for two teams who did not compete. And obviously grew an allegiance to those teams because why wouldn't you support a team that you write for. So they had their beef with NYCFC and now expect to be spoon fed info. However it's not just the NYC based writers it's journalists in general or anyone seeking info that is displeased.
I will say NYCFC has a horrid press team because they really don't have much of one at all yet.
They are certainly going to have to get their shit together in the next month when the US and UK media go into a frenzy over lampard arrival and the whole lampard v Gerrard thing the UK media will hype up.

Reactions: Kjbert
SIAP, but per Reddit, half the team started following a guy from Exeter City named David Wheeler. Guy also just updated his cover photo to be a picture of Central Park.

Wheeler's contract is up June 30th, so hypothetically he's available on a free. 24 y/o, he plays right mid but can also play center mid. Interestingly enough, he also played a good amount of Right Back last year. Versatile player, and may be why we're looking at him.

As he's in L2, there aren't many statistics available on him - had 7 goals and 7 assists on the season for Exeter, though. But I'd wager that this is a guy MCFC's scouting network brought up.

I think he is friends with a friend of Mix. Did a little I-net sleuthing.

SIAP, but per Reddit, half the team started following a guy from Exeter City named David Wheeler. Guy also just updated his cover photo to be a picture of Central Park.

Wheeler's contract is up June 30th, so hypothetically he's available on a free. 24 y/o, he plays right mid but can also play center mid. Interestingly enough, he also played a good amount of Right Back last year. Versatile player, and may be why we're looking at him.

As he's in L2, there aren't many statistics available on him - had 7 goals and 7 assists on the season for Exeter, though. But I'd wager that this is a guy MCFC's scouting network brought up.

Let me slow down this hype train. (Sorry)

While he seems like a great prospect as he's young and can play multiple positions. He actually just signed an extension with Exeter City of League 2 (4th division).

No one has been able to say one way or the other that he's trained with the team.

On an unrelated note: I'm very partial to Exeter City after leading them to Premier and Champions League glory in FIFA.

I think Wheeler is just friends with Mix and came to visit NYC. The only people following him are Mix and Shelton who are roommates. However, I do like that people are stalking twitter trying to uncover information.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I think Wheeler is just friends with Mix and came to visit NYC. The only people following him are Mix and Shelton who are roommates. However, I do like that people are stalking twitter trying to uncover information.

I was the one who posted it on reddit because I thought it was interesting. Can't take credit for doing much work. The twitter app on my phone did all the heavy lifting and sent an alert to me that said Mix, Shelton and others that you follow on twitter just started following DJ Wheeler.

I was the one who posted it on reddit because I thought it was interesting. Can't take credit for doing much work. The twitter app on my phone did all the heavy lifting and sent an alert to me that said Mix, Shelton and others that you follow on twitter just started following DJ Wheeler.
Nice - certainly didn't intend to steal your thunder, anyway. Never too sure how many people from here are also on /r/NYCFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.