Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my post in the formation thread. Mix could handle defensive duties, but Jacobson is sound enough and Kreis likes him. Plus, with Lampard and Pirlo in the middle, we become desperate for good attacking runners.

Jacobson plays behind Pirlo and Lampard, while Mix and Villa play forward to make runs, along with Calle from LB and whoever is playing RB (hopefully a new summer signing). Nemec up top as a target striker and hold up guy to allow Pirlo and Lampard time to get up the field for the attack.

Pirlo has won everything. He's already an iconic player and legend in Italy. I don't believe winning the CL will be the deciding factor. It's probably more of not wanting a distraction. I truly think he would like to play in America. CFG needs to step up with the money though. If a PL team offers him 8/m and we offer him 5/m. It's not gonna happen.

Does anyone know how the taxation works for foreign players?

But he's had some massive lapses and over committee. But you're right. I tend to judge our players by how often I have to say 'What the fuck INSERT NAME HERE.' And rarely do I with him

Massive laugh from me on this one. Exactly how I track it as well

Don't agree. He's a mediocre passer, makes reckless/unprofessional challenges and frequently gets pulled way out of position. Not a long-term answer in my opinion.

Welcome to MLS. Can't have class at every position. At this current time, he's either our 3rd or 4th highest paid player behind Mix and Villa.

Drogba looking for 8 Million a year to play the rest of the year.

He was in contract negotiations with Orlando. They ultimately turned him down.

They also made a $10 Million bid for Dom Dwyer. SKC rejected it.

Bigger news to me, however, is that Orlando is operating as if a 4th DP slot will open.

Also - since his name has been mentioned here - Podolski being linked with NYRB and Portland.

Drogba looking for 8 Million a year to play the rest of the year.

He was in contract negotiations with Orlando. They ultimately turned him down.

They also made a $10 Million bid for Dom Dwyer. SKC rejected it.

Bigger news to me, however, is that Orlando is operating as if a 4th DP slot will open.

Sources? 8 Million? 10 Million for Dwyer? 4th DP? Drogba and Pirlo? Questions?

Reactions: sbrylski
No Poku? Shelton? Nemec?

This was just a fun, quick mockup without a ton of thought. But no, those players wouldn't break into the top XI if we actually added Pirlo, Drogba, and Iraola.

I like both Poku and Shelton best off the bench anyway. Shelton biggest asset is his pace, and is otherwise pretty average all around. Poku definitely has potential to be a regular starter, but needs to round out some deficiencies in his game. When he plays, he makes some notable dribbles, but I don't see much from him in off-the-ball positioning, defensive skills, or even distribution (aside from some flashes.) Both are best as sparks off the bench to move the ball forward quickly in late-game situations.

This was just a fun, quick mockup without a ton of thought. But no, those players wouldn't break into the top XI if we actually added Pirlo, Drogba, and Iraola.

I like both Poku and Shelton best off the bench anyway. Shelton biggest asset is his pace, and is otherwise pretty average all around. Poku definitely has potential to be a regular starter, but needs to round out some deficiencies in his game. When he plays, he makes some notable dribbles, but I don't see much from him in off-the-ball positioning, defensive skills, or even distribution (aside from some flashes.) Both are best as sparks off the bench to move the ball forward quickly in late-game situations.
This is one of the more spot on descriptions of a player I've read on this forum.

The basic rule is that he would be subject to US/NY/NYC tax if he's living here.

It can't be worse than Italy's. Keep in mind that in Italy all salary is reported as net. So when people say he's only making €3.5 million at Juve, he's actually making €7 million. It's the after tax salary that's being reported. So when people were saying give DDR $8 million since he's only making €6m at Roma, he's actually making €12m at Roma.

It can't be worse than Italy's. Keep in mind that in Italy all salary is reported as net. So when people say he's only making €3.5 million at Juve, he's actually making €7 million. It's the after tax salary that's being reported. So when people were saying give DDR $8 million since he's only making €6m at Roma, he's actually making €12m at Roma.

I challenge that. When I look for the salaries of guys in Italy, I usually read them on English or American websites - which leads me to believe they are giving gross figures and not net figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.