Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I challenge that. When I look for the salaries of guys in Italy, I usually read them on English or American websites - which leads me to believe they are giving gross figures and not net figures.

They get the figures as they're reported in Italy, in Italy the reporting is done in net. It causes quite the confusion. Here's an article which shows salaries, and it states that it's net salaries.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...es-de-rossi-highest-earner-pogba-on-just-1m-a

It can't be worse than Italy's. Keep in mind that in Italy all salary is reported as net. So when people say he's only making €3.5 million at Juve, he's actually making €7 million. It's the after tax salary that's being reported. So when people were saying give DDR $8 million since he's only making €6m at Roma, he's actually making €12m at Roma.

The effective income tax rate is actually very similar for top earners, when you include NY and NYC taxes. We don't have a VAT, which means he'll lose less of his after-tax income to sales/excise type taxes, which will help.

I also think Kjbert is right that there's some inaccuracy in the press around salary reporting. Italy's top marginal rate is only 43%. Even with regional tax a player wouldn't be losing 50% to income taxes.

Reactions: Kjbert
I choose to believe Charlie Stillitano on this one. Charlie says Giovinco is the highest paid Italian footballer in the world.

This is a guy who spends one week a month watching football in Italy and schmoozing with the owners. If he says Giovinco, at 8 Million CAD is the highest paid Italian footballer, I believe him.

They're reported net...

whill4 whill4 can confirm this as well. I know him for another forum that we discuss Serie A in.
It's true. I've never seen salaries not reported in net when dealing with Serie A. Ironically Football Manager is the only one I've seen that correctly shows their wages in gross. De Rossi's gross salary is actually something like €12-13 million a year with bonuses. Manchester City were pursuing him hard a few years ago, so Roma's management offered him an even higher salary than what City was offering so he wouldn't even think about leaving.

Two separate reports saying Onyewu is out of training and for whatever it's worth he's following an orthopedic surgeon on Twitter lol

So… who's next?

for whatever it's worth he's following an orthopedic surgeon on Twitter lol
exasperation.gif

Very excited about the promise of Lampard, Villa, Pirlo, and Mix playing together! Let's go NYC!

Say what you want about their ages, but a midfield of those three and Villa are better than some squads that made the Champions League Group Stage this year.

Reactions: djmastoria
Lass Diarra is a free agent at the moment. Defensive midfielder, has played as defender some times.
Would want DP wages though I would imagine. And If Pirlo's coming in we have no space for a DP.
Rodolph Austin is an interesting idea ( BlueWarrior BlueWarrior), but there have been plenty of players released recently, why Austin in particular? does he have a green card?

Would want DP wages though I would imagine. And If Pirlo's coming in we have no space for a DP.
Rodolph Austin is an interesting idea ( BlueWarrior BlueWarrior), but there have been plenty of players released recently, why Austin in particular? does he have a green card?

Austin is a great defensive midfielder. Tough tackling, good in the air. He is a poor mans jermaine jones. He doesnt have a green card, but i think he can come here on a mix type of deal. He would instantly improve our defense.

If u want a free agent who wont require an international spot then id try for brede hangeland

Danny Williams with another call up. How much longer until someone in MLS overlays him?

Status
Not open for further replies.