Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Persie was sold to Lazio

Podolski I was reading Portland.

Van Persie was sold to Lazio

Podolski I was reading Portland.
I didn't even realize ManU (biting tongue not to make some snarky comment about them) was interested in getting rid of him. I thought LVG was trying to recreate the Dutch nats

In total "pulling this out of nowhere" speculation what are people's thoughts on Diego Forlan?

He was struggling in Japan until his team got relegated. He's tearing up the second division now and his team released him. Being in the second division they couldn't afford his wages.

Maybe he accepts a lower salary to come over?

Also while I'm at it. Robin Van Persie is being made available for £5 million.

Are these guys washed up?
I don't want Forlan, I'd love RvP but I doubt he'd come to MLS

Reactions: Kjbert
Younger attacking midfielder able to feed our strikers.. Or a striker perhaps?
We´ll see soon enough

I didn't even realize ManU (biting tongue not to make some snarky comment about them) was interested in getting rid of him. I thought LVG was trying to recreate the Dutch nats
They were at odds all season. RvP never recovered his stamina or form after the WC and was repeatedly banged up. The manager kept him out of the lineup even when healthy and in fact had him play several games with the junior team as "rehab games."

Having a young guy with deadly pace like David Accam would be nice, Chicago signed him out of Sweden I believe. Going with a young 3rd DP makes the most sense but it won't sell tickets

Reactions: Kjbert
David Accam was signed from Helsingborg in Sweden, where he scored 30 goals on 62 league games. They also signed Kennedy Igboananike from the Swedish club AIK.

Two great signing, especially Accam who had scouts from all over Europe watching him. Some of the clubs where Dortmund, Arsenal and Manchester United. Sure, big clubs like that have scouts all over the world watching players and I don't know if they really made an serious attempt to sign him.
Many here in Sweden where surprised that he went to the MLS, but that really shows how much the leagues reputation has increased.

I rather sign a player with less reputation, like Accam. That is really hungry and knows how to score. Than signing a player like Drogba or Forlán. Sure they will score goals, but they are not the future.
I want a player that can score goals for many seasons to come.

Just going to take a stab in the dark here.

Could the player Ian Joy was referring to be Andre-Pierre Gignac? He was linked last year with a move to us and started following NYCFC on twitter at one point. His contract expires at the end of the month and he's 29. Scored 21 goals in Ligue 1 this season.

Last edited:
Just going to take a stab in the dark here.

Could the player Ian Joy was referring to be Andre-Pierre Gignac? He was linked last year with a move to us and started following the team on twitter at one point. His contract expires at the end of the month and he's 29. Scored 21 goals in Ligue 1 this season.
Hmmmm, I forgot who mentioned he was waiting to see who would be the coach next season before making a decision. Bielsa might get better offers outside of France.

Reactions: JayH
I definitely think we should go for a younger(under 30) DP for number 3.
Omar Abdulrahman, for me, would be the perfect 3rd DP.
He's 23 years old attacking midfielder. Can play wide and behind the striker. He's incredibly skillful and can dribble past players, he has good vision and an excellent passing range. He may not put bums on seats at Yankee Stadium, but he'd get bums off seats for those who watch him. Plus he would generate interest in NYCFC and MLS from Asia/UAE (where the Sheikh is from). Also, if MLS do add a 4th DP next season then we can use that on some ageing big name.
Such an exciting player.

Reactions: dannd23
Going big hair and reaching now...how about Turkish Roma midfielder...Salih Ucan..huge upside.

image.jpg

Reactions: Gavin23
I definitely think we should go for a younger(under 30) DP for number 3.
Omar Abdulrahman, for me, would be the perfect 3rd DP.
He's 23 years old attacking midfielder. Can play wide and behind the striker. He's incredibly skillful and can dribble past players, he has good vision and an excellent passing range. He may not put bums on seats at Yankee Stadium, but he'd get bums off seats for those who watch him. Plus he would generate interest in NYCFC and MLS from Asia/UAE (where the Sheikh is from). Also, if MLS do add a 4th DP next season then we can use that on some ageing big name.
Such an exciting player.

i remember hearing positive things about him during the Asian cup this year and vaguely remember him doing ok, but I think i read somewhere that he signed a lucrative extension in whatever club he was at in UAE. I remember some members of the press were disappointed since he should of test himself in europe even in a smaller euro league.

Status
Not open for further replies.