Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Prince Boating is off the table as he has signed with Galatassary... sorry if that was already mentioned, but I know he has been linked to MLS in the past.

Reactions: Kjbert
There's BIG as in Big name bring people to the stadium and there's BIG as in have a big impact on the field. Pirlo is def bigger in the former sense I'm not sure he'd be bigger in the on field impact that Gomez or Gignac or some other people mentioned in the threat. Don't get me wrong I think Pirlo would be good and I want him but I'd be about equally happy with some (not all) of the other names.

Yea, but depending on need, it's at least debateable.

It took a season before Sigi Schmid figured out how to feed the ball to Clint Dempsey. Now, they don't play very attractive soccer, but they find him the ball and he creates his own chances.

I feel like if we got a forward it would take away a lot of playing time from Mullins,he's been incredible for us so far and could be the future of our team.I don't know what young prime players we could get that are at Pirlo's quality which would want to come to MLS now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I'm very comfortable with Mullins and his development. Tough to find young, cheap players who can actually contribute. He can hold up play. He can create a shot for himself. He is not afraid to play towards goal. And he doesn't defer to Villa. Very happy with Mullins - probably performed a little better than I anticipated actually. Top 5 performer for us this year with Mix, Villa, Saunders and Hernandez.
If Nemec is a Slovak international does that mean that Mullins would be a Slovak superstar? Lol

Alves was in this thread before, IIRC, but has signed a new deal with Barca.
Until 2017. Also I had mentioned Ings before but he's signed and Ron Vlaar has been offered a contract extension at Villa.

Barca had their hands tied. Without the ability to be active in the transfer market, they had to overpay a 32 year old to stay there.

Hatem Ben Arfa had been named here before. He was signed by Nice in Ligue 1 today.

Or they just make promises now to replacements and wait until the ban is lifted...
http://www.espnfc.us/club/barcelona...x-vidal-gets-barca-reward-for-fighting-spirit

That's fine, but do you think Barcelona hands a 32 year old RB a guaranteed two year contract if they don't have a ban in place? Alves had all the leverage here. Man U wanted him and would give him massive wages. Barcelona had to match. there was no obvious replacement. He could be terrible this year and next, but they're still going to pay him.

Reactions: mrplow2000
Just goes to show you how little the media knows...all I kept hearing was Barca wasn't going to keep him.

Mentioned him in the Pirlo thread. I think he's proven, as good as I think he is, that he is not going to be a go to guy for a champions league level Euro club. So the question is would he rather be a back up at a CL team, start at a Europa league level Euro club, or come here for potential big money and be one of the stars of the league?

http://futbol.univision.com/europa/...1b92a6dd9cbcfb0c2be1d9b9f57b46a#axzz3cab0tIo2

Chicharito reps say he's open to MLS basically if he finds out no one else wants him. Which might be the case.

Like Falcao, I think it's all about wages. If Chelsea wasn't willing to pick up Falcao's wages, how many other teams would? Chicharito, assumably, makes Man United wages, otherwise he wouldn't be there.

The move to the USA, from both a player and league perspective, is a win-win. It's never going to be UCL football, but he can make a lot of money here if that's what he wants. He is 26 years old. He could play here for 10 more years, probably make close to $100 Million over the course of the rest of his career between salary and endorsements. He also has the freedom most likely to go on loan abroad if the situation arose and would be free to play in all of Mexico's friendlies.

Simply put, he would be a star playing in MLS and he is worth more here from an earnings perspective than he is in Europe.

If he really wanted to play in MLS, it's a no-brainer him over Pirlo.

Alberto Aquilani is a free agent now and he's been linked to the MLS. He's a poor man's Pirlo.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Mentioned him in the Pirlo thread. I think he's proven, as good as I think he is, that he is not going to be a go to guy for a champions league level Euro club. So the question is would he rather be a back up at a CL team, start at a Europa league level Euro club, or come here for potential big money and be one of the stars of the league?
You're spot on here. I think he himself doesn't know what to do. He obviously wants to win AND wants to play.

He can win on the bench or he can play and probably not win.

He can do both here. What I've gotten from interviews he's done and his quotes is that he wants to do that in Europe and feels that MLS isn't the same caliber of competition.

He's right to an extent but once these guys realize it's much more fun and lucrative to play in MLS than sit on a bench in Europe this league will get a lot more stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.