Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatem Ben Arfa was mentioned in here...he just signed with Nice.

Reactions: Kjbert
Zlatan reportedly wants to go back to Milan. So there goes the dream.
Find it hard to believe he'd leave PSG who I expect to make it at least as far as this year in CL depending on who they add to go to Milan who are out of Europe all together.

With fair play being phased out on the owners, Milan will just offer him even more money. If PSG really want him, they can pay him. But he's 33 this year. Maybe they sell and move on.

Maybe I'm up too late, maybe I'm jut delusional. And maybe there is some sort of MLS screwy rule that would make it more difficult to acquire this guy. He's played in the MLS before. Fredy Montero. Although his rights might still be owned by Seattle and his rumored transfer fee seems a bit high for a player his caliber he's had success in the league before.

To be honest that´s just used in the Manchester area I found out.. Tell anyone outside Manc about Rags and Berties (United and City fans) and they give you a funny look.
As a matter of interest do you know why they get called the rags ?

Maybe I'm up too late, maybe I'm jut delusional. And maybe there is some sort of MLS screwy rule that would make it more difficult to acquire this guy. He's played in the MLS before. Fredy Montero. Although his rights might still be owned by Seattle and his rumored transfer fee seems a bit high for a player his caliber he's had success in the league before.

Would be a dream signing, but sometimes we gotta be realistic. In Europe he has the chance to play in Champions League or Europa League. I'm sure numerous clubs would be interested in getting him. Sure, you should never say never but I don't think a transfer back to the MLS for Fredy is going to happen anytime soon.

This might be the answer to your question about the player rights. But I'm not sure..I'll never learn all these rules...

" If a team receives allocation money as a result of a player’s transfer, the team does not retain a right of first refusal."

As a matter of interest do you know why they get called the rags ?

I think it goes pack to a journalist that described their kit as "looking like they are playing in rags" at a pre-war game but you can never be sure of stuff that old.. Berties or later Bertie Bitters is a 50´s nick originally and goes back to a chant about Bert Trautmann who played for City

I think it goes pack to a journalist that described their kit as "looking like they are playing in rags" at a pre-war game but you can never be sure of stuff that old.. Berties or later Bertie Bitters is a 50´s nick originally and goes back to a chant about Bert Trautmann who played for City
You can have 9/10 my understanding is the rags was a nickname given by the utd fans themselves to the team due to the poor condition of their playing kit.
Over the years city fans have often referred to utd as Munich s due to the shameless way the club cashed in on the Munich air tragedy.
Thankfully this has now stopped and most decent city fans refer to them as just the rags

Would be a dream signing, but sometimes we gotta be realistic. In Europe he has the chance to play in Champions League or Europa League. I'm sure numerous clubs would be interested in getting him. Sure, you should never say never but I don't think a transfer back to the MLS for Fredy is going to happen anytime soon.

This might be the answer to your question about the player rights. But I'm not sure..I'll never learn all these rules...

" If a team receives allocation money as a result of a player’s transfer, the team does not retain a right of first refusal."
Yeah I don't think Sounders have a claim. But who now has a discovery claim on him?

I agree though, he likes it in Europe. Not likely to come back to MLS.

Marc Pelosi just got released by Liverpool. He's young and very talented. I am sure LA Galaxy own his rights but would be a good addition for us.

Man City just announced the release of a few players. Anyone share any thoughts on them:

John Guidetti (23 year old Striker) was on loan at Celtic
Micah Richards (26 year old RB) was on loan at Fiorentina
Adam Drury (21 year old winger) was on loan at St. Mirren
Greg Leigh (20 year old LB) was on loan at Crewe Alexandra
Dominic Oduro (20 year old RB/RM) was on loan at IK Frej

I won't pretend to know anything about these guys so those that do, any thoughts?

Last edited:
Man City just announced the release of a few players. Anyone share any thoughts on them:

John Guidetti (23 year old Striker)
Micah Richards (23 year old RB)
Adam Drury (21 year old winger)
Greg Leigh (20 year old LB)
Dominic Oduro (20 year old RB/RM)

I won't pretend to know anything about these guys so those that do, any thoughts? I believe they were all out on loan last season.
Adam Drury actually got loaned out to St Mirren who we played in preseason. He plays defense and is friends with Facey so I wouldn't mind us taking him.

Adam Drury actually got loaned out to St Mirren who we played in preseason. He plays defense and is friends with Facey so I wouldn't mind us taking him.
I just edited the post to list the teams they were on loan at. I've hear a lot about Guidetti and Richards.

John Guidetti (23 year old Striker)
Micah Richards (23 year old RB)
Adam Drury (21 year old winger)
Greg Leigh (20 year old LB)
Dominic Oduro (20 year old RB/RM)

I won't pretend to know anything about these guys so those that do, any thoughts? I believe they were all out on loan last season.
Guidetti is full of himself has potential will probably end up back at feyernoid .Richards started off well but hasn't progressed and is expected to sign for Newcastle. Greg Leigh is expected to sign for Crewe.the other two will probably end up in league 1 or 2 .
What nycfc. Should be looking at is players city are keeping and they would be prepared to loan out for experience but don't forget mls is probably only the same standard as England's league 1

Status
Not open for further replies.