Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andoni_Iraola

Um. Okay?
Well, I guess best-case scenario he becomes NYCFC's Leighton Baines.

EDIT: okay, after watching the dude's highlights, I have to walk back my underwhelmed reaction above. He seems to be an excellent attacking fullback with nerves of steel in front of the goal, so I'm happy to have him aboard.

Last edited:
As a DP, its just an okay signing. If they get him as a non-DP, though, thats like as much of a homerun as when Aaron Boone hit that walkoff...

Reactions: PB3
As a DP, its just an okay signing. If they get him as a non-DP, though, thats like as much of a homerun as when Aaron Boone hit that walkoff...

Diskerud as non-DP is a better non-DP signing. But it would take a lot more to be closer to that Aaron Boone walk off to get the Yankees into the World Series against the Red Sox in a game seven at home. It would take Messi or Ronaldo. Or maybe both.

He is in under the cap. Meet your new RB. And he can cross the shit out of the ball. Even Adam Nemec could put a header home from this guy.

Reactions: JayH, FCRU and PB3
Still dreaming.

NYCFC-%2B-Pirlo-%2B-Iraola-formation-tactics.png

What's the penalty for going over cap?
If it's a monetary fine I don't think that will bother ownership. Winning and expanding their brand is more important
The league should have allowances for first year teams , going to take more money for them to build a team to compete from the start.

Reactions: leilanikali420
I suspect it won't be a DP (please no). And if it happens will be a coup as he's just what we need. Great crosser, great stride, and has great touch.

If he's a DP, I'll be slightly disappointed but I rate this lad extremely highly. One of the most underrated La Liga players over the last decade or 2. Quality right-back, but I wouldn't even be surprised if we see him in midfield, where he is also quality. He can play pretty much anywhere (RB, LB, DM, CM, RW, LW).

If he's under the wage cap then I'd go as far to say he'd be the best non-DP in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.