Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we can loan out 4 so it would create some space
I don't think any MLS team has ever loaned 4-5 players and freed up roster space. I'm not sure that's how it works.

Only way that can happen is a special loan to affiliate and/or loan out with no intention to ever have them return (Gilberto at TFC).

I don't think any MLS team has ever loaned 4-5 players and freed up roster space. I'm not sure that's how it works.

Only way that can happen is a special loan to affiliate and/or loan out with no intention to ever have them return (Gilberto at TFC).
Ah yeah you're right on that.
Honestly still getting used to all the 'rules'

Lampard only counts as 1/2 DP this season. DP3 will have the same effect on the salary cap.

Lampard only counts as 1/2 DP this season. DP3 will have the same effect on the salary cap.

There's no such thing as a 1/2 DP.

Lampard, even at half price, is still millions over the DP threshold.

For Iraola, cutting his salary in half might keep him under the DP threshold this year. We can just spend allocation money to pay him down next year.

Villa - DP
Lampard - DP
Mix - Allocation Money
Iraola - Non-DP 2015, Allocation Money 2016

That's assuming they calculate DP spots year-to-year. They could just take a yearly average of the players entire contract, in which case Iraola would likely need to be paid down in allocation money from the get-go.

I wish we knew how much allocation money we had. Seems like it's a lot.

EDIT: I'm wrong, there is a 1/2 DP slot. They only cost $218,125 against the cap if they join during the summer window.

We have a few roster spots open right now. Taylor and John don't count against the roster because they are on the injured players list and I'm sure we'll loan a few players out.

Lampard and DP3 only count half against the cap.

It's possible this won't be a problem next year if certain guys like John, Wingert or Grabavoy aren't here.

Angelino coming here for the year would be amazing. Whatever gets us in the playoff hunt.
The lineup would be ridiculous with lampard, Angelino, Iraola, Villa, Mix, Dp3, Poku, Facey, Hernandez and suddenly you have a back line that can push the ball and pressure and feed your mid who can in turn feed villa. Would be some beautiful football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.