Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we don't get Pirlo we should be going after a strike partner for Villa. Follow the Sounders philosophy because Dempsey/Martins seems to be working pretty well. I know they haven't won a cup yet, but they've been pretty damn close and they put up a lot of goals

Agreed. Again, replacing Jacobson with a stud would really free up the rest of our midfield to run forward, but the other way to build a killer attack is to have two lethal strikers. Our midfield four is fluid, so doesn't necessarily matter how you draw them up, but this general formation looks deadly:

NYCFC-formation-tactics.png

Reactions: doctorhoosier
IMO We don't need a striker, we're stacked with quality there. Villa, Nemec, Mullins, Shelton, Poku (+Taylor next season perhaps).

DP3 NEEDS to be CM/CDM.

------------------------------Villa------------------------Poku
------------------------------------------Lampard
------------------------Calle*----------------------------------Mix
---------------------------------------------DP3
-----Angelino---------------------------------------------------------------------Iraola
------------------------------Facey-----------------------Hernandez
------------------------------------------Saunders

* or Alvarez, Ballouchy, Jacobson, Shelton, McNamara

In terms of quality
Starting quality: Villa, Mix, Poku, Facey, (Iraola, Lampard, Angelino, John)
Bench quality: Saunders, Meara, Shelton, Mullins, Jacobson, Alvarez, McNamara, Hernandez, Ballouchy
Unsure: Dunn, Brandt, Johansen, Calle, Williams
Not good enough: Brovsky, Allen, Grabavoy, Wingert, Velasquez, Kwame. Nemec too based on his performances thus far but I still think there's a useful player in there.

I like this. I would add, if DP3 is not a CDM, we still need to pick someone up to either displace or back up Jacobson. Jacobson is not great but if he goes down, as the team stands now who is going in that spot?

We have a strike partner for Villa, his name is Poku. He's played striker for about 85 min total over the last 2 games and he has 3 goals.

If you don't think Facey is MLS starter quality ....wow....

Remember a few weeks ago when Allen was a savior? Or what about just before that, when Alvarez was the missing piece?

Poku is super talented, but he can barely play one full 90 minutes, let alone an MLS seasons worth. He only started 13 games last season, he's going to have to take a year to build up his endurance.

Facey has strung together 2-3 good games, which is great, though he wasn't perfect. Mullins scored 4 goals in a row last year, that didn't make him a perennial MLS All-Star.

We can't go crazy after every game and throw people in the garbage or hoist them on our shoulders. Player have good games and good stretches, and then they'll fall off, or vice versa.

There's a HUGE difference between being "our savior" and having seen more than enough of the kid to know that played at his proper CB position he's good enough to start in this league.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I like this. I would add, if DP3 is not a CDM, we still need to pick someone up to either displace or back up Jacobson. Jacobson is not great but if he goes down, as the team stands now who is going in that spot?

Then let's throw some money at De Rossi and be done with it.

I've watched Pirlo a lot. He's an underrated defender. This year Juve went away from 3 in the back and he basically sat so deep it was like having 3 in the back anyway and that gave the fullbacks (evra/lich) the ability to move up. He's no juggernaut as a DM but he's very tactical and smart with disrupting plays.

Fernando Torres of course isn't what he used to be, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do well here? I bet if Torres were to come here he would light it up from day one.

Remember a few weeks ago when Allen was a savior? Or what about just before that, when Alvarez was the missing piece?

Poku is super talented, but he can barely play one full 90 minutes, let alone an MLS seasons worth. He only started 13 games last season, he's going to have to take a year to build up his endurance.

Facey has strung together 2-3 good games, which is great, though he wasn't perfect. Mullins scored 4 goals in a row last year, that didn't make him a perennial MLS All-Star.

We can't go crazy after every game and throw people in the garbage or hoist them on our shoulders. Player have good games and good stretches, and then they'll fall off, or vice versa.
Jeez if Poku plays like this when he is basically an emphysema patient, what will he be like when he is fit?

Jeez if Poku plays like this when he is basically an emphysema patient, what will he be like when he is fit?

I really think he's a poor mans Pogba. Their footwork is very similar. He's more of an attacking mid in my eyes than a forward when his stamina improves.

Reactions: sbrylski
Then let's throw some money at De Rossi and be done with it.

I've watched Pirlo a lot. He's an underrated defender. This year Juve went away from 3 in the back and he basically sat so deep it was like having 3 in the back anyway and that gave the fullbacks (evra/lich) the ability to move up. He's no juggernaut as a DM but he's very tactical and smart with disrupting plays.
And doesn't it make sense why we just signed to attacking fullbacks? Maybe they are planning to have him and play to that advantage

Reactions: NickA and gbservis
Albin Ekdal is available. He'd be good in MLS. A definite upgrade for us but not really what we need. Just speaking in generalities.

Has Guissepi Rossi been mentioned? Apparently he is in a dispute with Fiorentina over wages right now. If he wants to get paid, he would at NYC....

Reactions: Kjbert
Has Guissepi Rossi been mentioned? Apparently he is in a dispute with Fiorentina over wages right now. If he wants to get paid, he would at NYC....

He'd go to Red Bulls and it would suck. He's very talented.

Reactions: Kjbert
His choice to play for Italy over the US is irrelevant to this. He loves the USA and has stated his reasons for playing for Italy. I would have no problem with my team signing him. My only concern would be like blue warrior said-- injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.