Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologize. This thread devolved from "NYCFC transfer rumors" to "list of literally everyone who has ever played professional football" a long time ago.

I would suggest there be a general Transfer News thread and a NYCFC Rumors thread...but they tend to go hand in hand most of the time. I don't mind it all together though.

I would suggest there be a general Transfer News thread and a NYCFC Rumors thread...but they tend to go hand in hand most of the time. I don't mind it all together though.

I'd prefer we don't have a 230 page thread at all. I'd prefer a "Transfer Speculation" thread, and then individual threads for real transfer rumors on each player. Why does only Pirlo get his own thread?

That might swing the pendulum too far though and clutter everything up.

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
Since it's Pirlo, well most probably Pirlo. The discussion turns to who will be our next DP. Lampard's contract ends at the end of next year, so we'll be looking to add a player for the 2017 campaign. Lampard will probably not resign. He won't be worth the DP slot or the money at the age of 39. Villa apparently has a three year deal so another spot opens for the 2018 campaign. Villa would be 36. Resigning would be questionable. No news on Pirlo's contract because the only confirmation is that he was at Yankee stadium wearing a Yankee cap.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since it's Pirlo, well most probably Pirlo. The discussion turns to who will be our next DP. Lampard's contract ends at the end of next year, so we'll be looking to add a player for the 2017 campaign. Lampard will probably not resign. He won't be worth the DP slot or the money at the age of 39. Villa apparently has a three year deal so another spot opens for the 2018 campaign. Villa would be 36. Resigning would be questionable. No news on Pirlo's contract because the only confirmation is that he was at Yankee stadium wearing a Yankee cap.

I'm very curious as to Pirlo's career plan. There was a quote out that Pirlo was considering MLS because it will help him be less worn down for the Euro's in 2016. Italy has always been his #1. Consider this quote from him:

Take someone like (Parma striker) Antonio Cassano. He says he’s slept with 700 women but he doesn’t get picked for Italy any more. Can he really be happy?”

When Pirlo can't play for the Italian national team anymore, is he going to want to play at all? I would not be surprised to see Pirlo and Lampard retire together at the end of the 2016 season, even though Pirlo in particular can probably play thru 2018 if he really wanted to. He has old person skills, they won't fade because he doesn't rely on physicality or speed.

In any event, we have at least 1.5 years before we should be back on the market for DPs.

See out the remainder of Lampard's contract and then we #DaretoZlatan in 2017
MTM5ODMzNzI0ODE2NDIzXzE.jpg

I'm very curious as to Pirlo's career plan. There was a quote out that Pirlo was considering MLS because it will help him be less worn down for the Euro's in 2016. Italy has always been his #1. Consider this quote from him:

Take someone like (Parma striker) Antonio Cassano. He says he’s slept with 700 women but he doesn’t get picked for Italy any more. Can he really be happy?”

When Pirlo can't play for the Italian national team anymore, is he going to want to play at all? I would not be surprised to see Pirlo and Lampard retire together at the end of the 2016 season, even though Pirlo in particular can probably play thru 2018 if he really wanted to. He has old person skills, they won't fade because he doesn't rely on physicality or speed.

In any event, we have at least 1.5 years before we should be back on the market for DPs.
FF is done after next year. His game already hurts from his diminishing physical skills. He's not going to do what Gerrard did and move deep - he's never had that same level of skill for hitting a ball. Not a criticism. Just an observation.

Villa may be good for 2-3 more years. Pirlo as well. We'll need more bigger money places because we don't want to lose Mix (my shout for our MVP thus far).

At that point, we will be close to Messi territory. He has no reason to stay in Barcelona. I would fucking contemplate murder to get him here. If we could get him and Suarez, I'd lose my mind. They'll both be dominant until mid 30s.

Honestly, if you have to take only one, it might be Suarez over Messi. I swear, I've never seen an individual so competitive in my life. He is so tireless. Messi is easily the more talented player, but Suarez was built to crush the spirit of a back line in a way Messi isn't.

If we had Suarez instead of Villa right this year (not a realistic scenario, I know), we'd have at a minimum 6-8 more goals. It's that big of a difference.[/QUOTE]

Mix will never be a DP because he will either move on or be the first breed of those "core DPs"

Have to remember he is valuable overseas because of his Norwegian passport.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Status
Not open for further replies.