Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Pozo or Ambrose come over and play, think they would bring a new dimension to the attack with Villa or see Jack Byrne play in midfield.

I would like to see Pozo or Ambrose come over and play, think they would bring a new dimension to the attack with Villa or see Jack Byrne play in midfield.

I think Pozo is in the immediate plans of City. He broke into the first team for a series of matches. Not easy to do at 18.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since I posted this in another thread...we should expect 3 more signings. Lots of offers out there. No clue on names or positions. Expect others in the next ten days.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
How much more can they realistically spend? With the assumption Pirlo is the third DP

MLS contracts aren't guaranteed.

I don't understand your point.

If you are implying that we can cut guys currently on the roster to save cap room? First, I thought I read that you can't clear cap space mid-season. Second, even if you cut players on $70k salary, you're still going to hit the cap eventually if you're signing $200k kind of players.

I don't understand your point.

If you are implying that we can cut guys currently on the roster to save cap room? First, I thought I read that you can't clear cap space mid-season. Second, even if you cut players on $70k salary, you're still going to hit the cap eventually if you're signing $200k kind of players.

I didn't say who else they are looking out because I don't know that.

It could be that they like 8 more academy players and they're getting 2 of them and Onyewu

I didn't say who else they are looking out because I don't know that.

But this chain of posts started with you implying they could open up the pocket books somehow:

How much more can they realistically spend?

Whatever it takes to win

That's the comment I'm kind of challenging.

I agree that it would be more likely, given the salary cap, for our targets to be a low level signing or two and another academy player or two.

But this chain of posts started with you implying they could open up the pocket books somehow:

That's the comment I'm kind of challenging.

I agree that it would be more likely, given the salary cap, for our targets to be a low level signing or two and another academy player or two.

Ah. My bad. I thought you meant moving forward. They're spending 25 Million between the three DPs they have now. Will they do that in the future is what I thought you were asking. Sorry man.

You meant how much is left to spend right now.

Reactions: sbrylski
Just a little aside to all the Pirlo stuff which rightfully is the focus here right now but surprises me when people are talking the future and throwing names around for a few years from now no one seems to be mentioning the massive talent with built in CFG connections Sergio Aguero.

Just a little aside to all the Pirlo stuff which rightfully is the focus here right now but surprises me when people are talking the future and throwing names around for a few years from now no one seems to be mentioning the massive talent with built in CFG connections Sergio Aguero.

In the Pirlo thread, I mentioned that we will be the first MLS team to bring in a superstar during their prime. Aguero would be the obvious choice. But I think this particular deal with Pirlo, despite his age, was eye opening.

Reactions: FootyLovin
In the Pirlo thread, I mentioned that we will be the first MLS team to bring in a superstar during their prime. Aguero would be the obvious choice. But I think this particular deal with Pirlo, despite his age, was eye opening.

This may not be that exactly, but it's pretty close. He's old enough that we have to wonder how much he has left. But -

- he started for the Champions Legue finalist who wanted him back
- Liverpool wanted him
- he starts for the Italian national team

Maybe he's not in his prime, but he's not far from it.

This may not be that exactly, but it's pretty close. He's old enough that we have to wonder how much he has left. But -

- he started for the Champions Legue finalist who wanted him back
- Liverpool wanted him
- he starts for the Italian national team

Maybe he's not in his prime, but he's not far from it.
Yep. It's simply euro snobbery and jealousy that drives these comments. I guess they think he's magically declined in the weeks since the CL final.

Hell, the man was running around making 50/50 challenges in a friendly against Portugal just a few days ago. This truth I saw with my own two eyes.

He's going to give us an incredible dimension to our team that no one in the league can replicate. It can't be overstated how valuable he will be to the team now and even after he's retired. His contributions will reverberate down through our roster and lift the play of others in ways we have hardly even touched on.

Do you how much difference it can make just to get balls that are easy to handle, especially for some of a guy like Khiry, who has great physical talent but is a bit lacking on the technical side? It's the difference between getting in on goal or getting bogged down in a challenge.

And for our other mids, seeing the sort of balls Pirlo plays will eventually seep into their styles, and while they won't be as skilled at making those passes, they will inevitably begin to see the game and passing options differently than before.

I'm ecstatic for this addition. No one can get me down about it. Fuck anyone who tries.

They hate us cuz they ain't us, right?

The amazing thing is that I'm under the impression the vast majority of our fan base will be thrilled with the signing yet bloggers and media people who are supposed to represent the team are trying to tell us how to feel and that we shouldn't be.

That kind of ties into what I posted once before.

When it was rumored Pirlo might be interested in MLS the usual band of internet village idiots couldn't kiss his ass enough. Once it became clear he was coming to NYCFC, all of a sudden he was another washed up player coming to the retirement league.

This organization will never win the hearts and minds on non-NYCFC fans (which is fine with me, ef 'em all) and it will always be reaching for the low hanging fruit when bashing this team.......you know, because all the kool kids do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.