Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of ties into what I posted once before.

When it was rumored Pirlo might be interested in MLS the usual band of internet village idiots couldn't kiss his ass enough. Once it became clear he was coming to NYCFC, all of a sudden he was another washed up player coming to the retirement league.

This organization will never win the hearts and minds on non-NYCFC fans (which is fine with me, ef 'em all) and it will always be reaching for the low hanging fruit when bashing this team.......you know, because all the kool kids do it.
Until we start winning and then you'll see all those new "fans" who are probably wearing Galaxy jerseys right now.

Until we start winning and then you'll see all those new "fans" who are probably wearing Galaxy jerseys right now.

I bought a Bechkam Galaxy jersey when I was like 12. I didn't even watch MLS. There's going to be a ton of Pirlo merchandise flying off the shelves. Flags in Little Italy will be flying sky blue.

Reactions: Kjbert
This team has some financial wizards and accounting geniuses. Is everyone on the team besides Villa, Lampard, soon to be Pirlo, Mix, being paid in peanuts?

Had a boat load of allocation money. But yeah its really rather surprising we've been able to have so many big signings as non DPs. For 200-300K, they can get that young Central/South American Forward that Kreis wants.

This team has some financial wizards and accounting geniuses. Is everyone on the team besides Villa, Lampard, soon to be Pirlo, Mix, being paid in peanuts?
i hope they are not paying much for some of the guys on the team. I'd say Nemec will be one of the first cuts. Underperforming, and more importantly takes up an international slot. We have 10 int'l players now (Villa, Lampard, Pirlo, Nemec, Iraola, Facey, Angelino, Johansen, Calle, Alvarez) and that's our limit. Unless mr 2-300k is american, Someone is going.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
You have to assume Nemec is gone (ton of money and INT spot). Also Alvarez if he takes up an INT spot. That would allow for 2 more Int spots. I'm guessing that watson is gone as is either jeb/wingert (one of the 2).

Wonder who we bring in. Crazy that we have 200-300k left to spend potentially

Wonder...is that significant player a defender or striker. Hmm. Which position would u fill?

IMO, you get rid of Nemec (if that's allowed, I am not as privy on MLS roster rules as some of you) and sign a better forward in his place. One name I thought about was Bryan Ruiz but he might be a little older than what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.