Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We literally have zero backups for Facey, Hernandez, and Jacobson. The latter is going to be run into the ground by the end of the season, unless he's pulled from the lineup for Pirlo. (I think they should probably both be on the pitch.) I could see someone brought in for one of these positions yet.

But we could also use a forward upgrade. Mullins as a starter excites nobody, but off the bench he's pretty good for MLS.

i hope they are not paying much for some of the guys on the team. I'd say Nemec will be one of the first cuts. Underperforming, and more importantly takes up an international slot. We have 10 int'l players now (Villa, Lampard, Pirlo, Nemec, Iraola, Facey, Angelino, Johansen, Calle, Alvarez) and that's our limit. Unless mr 2-300k is american, Someone is going.

What about Saunders, Poku, Velasquez, and Ballouchy? I thought they were international guys.

Mario Balotelli took a huge pay cut to move to Liverpool, what are the odds NYCFC can snag him at a cut rate price?

Probably none but we would make the back pages of the paper a lot more often.

Reactions: JayH
Wonder...is that significant player a defender or striker. Hmm. Which position would u fill?
If I can only pick one, I'm filling defender. We don't have any backups who can actually play on defense. At striker, Nemec, Shelton, and Poku can all play there, even if we're not solid there.

Edit: Actually forgot Mullins. I think he's good enough to play for us, as well - while we're not strong at the second striker spot, we can work with that.

Reactions: Paul
Ballouchy has a green card.

Rumor is Alvarez is gone. And Kwame. Probably RJ Allen or Brovsky. At this rate, I would keep Allen because he is cheaper, but Brovsky is more versatile.

You need to keep Wingert because there isn't another CB option if he goes. He has versatility. I would get rid of Seba, but not Ballouchy. Torn on Grabavoy. I think he's been our most dissapointing player.

Nemec is a tough call. Depends on our formation. If we stay 4-4-2, you need to keep him. If you go 4-2-3-1, we don't need him.

Nemec is a tough call. Depends on our formation. If we stay 4-4-2, you need to keep him. If you go 4-2-3-1, we don't need him.
If we go 4-2-3-1, who else on the roster not named Nemec or (maybe) Villa can play striker? I'm not positive Mullins can play as a lone striker, if I'm being honest.

Ballouchy has a green card.

Rumor is Alvarez is gone. And Kwame. Probably RJ Allen or Brovsky. At this rate, I would keep Allen because he is cheaper, but Brovsky is more versatile.

You need to keep Wingert because there isn't another CB option if he goes. He has versatility. I would get rid of Seba, but not Ballouchy. Torn on Grabavoy. I think he's been our most dissapointing player.

Ballouchy made something like $65k last year he's easily worth his roster spot. Tough that Alvarez will probably get cut he has provided much more then expected. Kwame and Brovsky should go but don't know we have the depth to lose both unless we can pick up some defenders in the transfer window.

Reactions: Kjbert
If we go 4-2-3-1, who else on the roster not named Nemec or (maybe) Villa can play striker? I'm not positive Mullins can play as a lone striker, if I'm being honest.

I think it's still an open question whether Villa can play as a lone striker too. Unless we play a 4-2-2-2, we are going to either have to play Pirlo without defensive midfield coverage (Jacobson), or Villa will have to play up top by himself.

We may get a hint what the team is thinking about doing if we add a striker or a defensive mid yet this summer.

Over Nemec, with the midfield we could put behind him? All day, every day.

Mullins is a smart player. He is worth significantly more than Nemec when you have a competent midfield.

Nemec may well be on decent money. If so, cut him loose for sure. He is lost facing the goal and has yet to show an aptitude for scoring with backheels or his ass or any other part, frankly.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I think it's still an open question whether Villa can play as a lone striker too. Unless we play a 4-2-2-2, we are going to either have to play Pirlo without defensive midfield coverage (Jacobson), or Villa will have to play up top by himself.

We may get a hint what the team is thinking about doing if we add a striker or a defensive mid yet this summer.
I prefer to think of it as a 4-1-5 with Villa the most advanced attacking option. German as schnitzel.

Reactions: Kjbert
Pirlo and Balo are good friends, that's why the Maestro is here to control him when he comes...maybe in a dream lol.

We can probably stretch that money for some legit depth. If Hernandez or Facey go down, even for a few games, it doesn't look too good. We need to get a real CB that fits into that rotation.

I would really like to see what Nemec could do with all the new recruits around him...but I am starting to think we go with one striker, which means, Mullins can back Villa up.

That being said, Kreis needs to put his big boy pants on and figure out a formation based on his incoming recruits. He has a scouting report on Angelino...He should already now about Iraola, Lamp and Pirlo.

So the formation is gonna dictate any new signings. If he sticks with a 4-4-2 - Get a target man up top with Villa and use Mullins/Nemec as subs, or get rid of Nemec and use Poku in a pinch as a back up...But if staying with a 2 striker role, definitely need to upgrade there.

If he is going with 1 up top...and decides a 4-3-3 works, guess you put Lamp in a False 9 with Villa at Left Wing - Mix/Pirlo in mid with Poku or Jacobson. Then they definitely need to sign a true winger to play the right side. With Shelton backing up both L&R.

If he goes lone striker in a 4-4-1-1. 4-1-4-1 or like a 4-2-3-1 then we have the personnel for them. We can get a young raw talented forward to groom, lose Nemec and save Mullins.

So after all that, we need defensive depth or starter. Then it is all formation dependent.

Does any know if the allocation money or any extra money we have being an expansion team gets carried over or does it have to be used this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.