Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirlo and Balo are good friends, that's why the Maestro is here to control him when he comes...maybe in a dream lol.

We can probably stretch that money for some legit depth. If Hernandez or Facey go down, even for a few games, it doesn't look too good. We need to get a real CB that fits into that rotation.

I would really like to see what Nemec could do with all the new recruits around him...but I am starting to think we go with one striker, which means, Mullins can back Villa up.

That being said, Kreis needs to put his big boy pants on and figure out a formation based on his incoming recruits. He has a scouting report on Angelino...He should already now about Iraola, Lamp and Pirlo.

So the formation is gonna dictate any new signings. If he sticks with a 4-4-2 - Get a target man up top with Villa and use Mullins/Nemec as subs, or get rid of Nemec and use Poku in a pinch as a back up...But if staying with a 2 striker role, definitely need to upgrade there.

If he is going with 1 up top...and decides a 4-3-3 works, guess you put Lamp in a False 9 with Villa at Left Wing - Mix/Pirlo in mid with Poku or Jacobson. Then they definitely need to sign a true winger to play the right side. With Shelton backing up both L&R.

If he goes lone striker in a 4-4-1-1. 4-1-4-1 or like a 4-2-3-1 then we have the personnel for them. We can get a young raw talented forward to groom, lose Nemec and save Mullins.

So after all that, we need defensive depth or starter. Then it is all formation dependent.

Does any know if the allocation money or any extra money we have being an expansion team gets carried over or does it have to be used this season?
Nemec at centerback. Seriously. Sort of.

Pirlo and Balo are good friends, that's why the Maestro is here to control him when he comes...maybe in a dream lol.

We can probably stretch that money for some legit depth. If Hernandez or Facey go down, even for a few games, it doesn't look too good. We need to get a real CB that fits into that rotation.

I would really like to see what Nemec could do with all the new recruits around him...but I am starting to think we go with one striker, which means, Mullins can back Villa up.

That being said, Kreis needs to put his big boy pants on and figure out a formation based on his incoming recruits. He has a scouting report on Angelino...He should already now about Iraola, Lamp and Pirlo.

So the formation is gonna dictate any new signings. If he sticks with a 4-4-2 - Get a target man up top with Villa and use Mullins/Nemec as subs, or get rid of Nemec and use Poku in a pinch as a back up...But if staying with a 2 striker role, definitely need to upgrade there.

If he is going with 1 up top...and decides a 4-3-3 works, guess you put Lamp in a False 9 with Villa at Left Wing - Mix/Pirlo in mid with Poku or Jacobson. Then they definitely need to sign a true winger to play the right side. With Shelton backing up both L&R.

If he goes lone striker in a 4-4-1-1. 4-1-4-1 or like a 4-2-3-1 then we have the personnel for them. We can get a young raw talented forward to groom, lose Nemec and save Mullins.

So after all that, we need defensive depth or starter. Then it is all formation dependent.

Does any know if the allocation money or any extra money we have being an expansion team gets carried over or does it have to be used this season?

Agree with most of your thoughts, a lot of this is up in the air. But one nitpick - Lampard is definitely not a false nine. He's not really even a 10. He's an 8 with a falling work rate. (If there's any signing to bitch about taking on retirees, it's still Lampard.)

Last edited:
Are you saying as a lone striker? nah...I like him, but he doesn't have the finishing to be a lone guy...He is a winger in my book and should be coached to that position.
I think he needs a strike partner in order to score any goals. He doesn't have the hold up play or the one on one ability to be a lone striker.

I wholeheartedly agree with you comments about moving him over to the wing. His pace would be a great asset flying up the wings.

I think he needs a strike partner in order to score any goals. He doesn't have the hold up play or the one on one ability to be a lone striker.

I wholeheartedly agree with you comments about moving him over to the wing. His pace would be a great asset flying up the wings.

He's perfect as a free runner as one of the outside guys in a 4-1-4-1, same for Mix and Poku. That's the formation I'm pulling for. With Jacobson as the CDM, they have a little freedom for one of them to play high and act as Villa's second striker (Poku preferred in this role.)

Last edited:
Agree with most of your thoughts, a lot of this is up in the air. But one nitpick - Lampard is definitely not a false nine. He's not really even a 10. He's an 8 with a falling work rate.

I know, he really isn't. That is the problem. You can't go 4-3-3 cause where the hell you put all these mids we have. Just trying to find a spot for him.

Unless if Angelino and Iraola are the goods and can play up to mid field and recover...you can potentially use a tandem of Pirlo/Lamp/Poku/Jacobson in the middle.

The issue is, a lot of our weaknesses are solved with our new fullbacks and mids that can really play the ball up the field.

So a really good CB and a Winger/Striker hybrid. There it is...We can find some really good players with that money. We also got to think about...Pirlo/Lamp aren't getting any younger. We got lucky so far with Poku, maybe look towards a Mid if there's money left

1. CB
2. Striker
3. Wing
4. Mid

Last edited:

Since I am a Serie A guy...I think his skill set will send him on a Gervinho (Roma) trajectory

Reactions: Kjbert
If there really is 200-300k left then definitely go all out for a reliable striker. If Villa goes down then we literally have no offense. Doesn't have to be someone amazing, just good enough to make a difference.

I'd be willing to bet RJ Allen is on minimum MLS salary, so I doubt he'll be cut.
Dunn and Brandt should be worried for sure IMO, considering they haven't featured at all, not even in the US Open Cup. Meara's loan could be under threat as well with his injury problems, I think one of Akira/Johansen/Meara will leave for sure. If Calle's injury is serious then we could send him back from his loan as well.
Williams' injury problems, added to the fact we are now stacked at FB (Angelino, Iraola, Allen, Wingert, Brovsky, Calle, Brandt) make me think he's on his way out.
Velasquez is also under threat IMO having under-performed and he's been outshone by the likes of McNamara and Ballouchy. Nemec is another who has under-performed and he may be on quite a big wage and takes up a foreign spot so he could leave. Alvarez too, although I'd like him to stay.
Kwame is supposedly under threat but at the moment he's our only real cover for Facey and Hernandez.

In terms of who's under threat of being cut from our foreign list:
1. Alvarez
2. Johansen
3. Nemec
4. Calle
5. Facey
6=. Angelino, Iraola
8=. Villa, Lampard, (Pirlo)

I'd be willing to bet RJ Allen is on minimum MLS salary, so I doubt he'll be cut.
Dunn and Brandt should be worried for sure IMO, considering they haven't featured at all, not even in the US Open Cup. Meara's loan could be under threat as well with his injury problems, I think one of Akira/Johansen/Meara will leave for sure. If Calle's injury is serious then we could send him back from his loan as well.
Williams' injury problems, added to the fact we are now stacked at FB (Angelino, Iraola, Allen, Wingert, Brovsky, Calle, Brandt) make me think he's on his way out.
Velasquez is also under threat IMO having under-performed and he's been outshone by the likes of McNamara and Ballouchy. Nemec is another who has under-performed and he may be on quite a big wage and takes up a foreign spot so he could leave. Alvarez too, although I'd like him to stay.
Kwame is supposedly under threat but at the moment he's our only real cover for Facey and Hernandez.

In terms of who's under threat of being cut from our foreign list:
1. Alvarez
2. Johansen
3. Nemec
4. Calle
5. Facey
6=. Angelino, Iraola
8=. Villa, Lampard, (Pirlo)

You know your roster sucks when you can literally name 11 guys that could be cut and nobody would flinch.

If there really is 200-300k left then definitely go all out for a reliable striker. If Villa goes down then we literally have no offense. Doesn't have to be someone amazing, just good enough to make a difference.
I agree today but not next month. Part of a player's ability to contribute is determined by his surrounding cast. I think Mullins, Poku and Shelton would all do tons better up top as lone strikers or otherwise with Iraola, Lampard, Mix and Angelino streaking downfield with them and Pirlo delivering pinpoint passes.

I find it odd that MLS transaction log has Angelino and Iraola on our roster already dated when they were loaned/signed, but Frank Lampard isn't listed. Are we sure he's coming?

Reactions: FootyLovin
I find it odd that MLS transaction log has Angelino and Iraola on our roster already dated when they were loaned/signed, but Frank Lampard isn't listed. Are we sure he's coming?
One of the early signs that the original Lampard signing was a fraud was his absence from the list the MLS players union publishes each September with player salaries:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/player-salaries.1426/#post-21661

We all assumed it was due to some obscure technical oddity -- because after all, this is MLS where a rule only matters if you can't look it up -- but it turned out to actually mean something. So on the one hand I want to dismiss this. It's nearly inconceivable that the club would jeopardize whatever goodwill they have built up since the original fraud was revealed by compounding it. Maybe he will be listed on June 30/July 1 when his MC contract ends. OTOH the last time we ignored evidence like this it turned out we would have been justified in assuming the worst. And they never owned up, admitted lying, and never apologized. And there has been a complete absence of announcements on a timeline for his arrival. Personally he has been dead to me since 12/31/14 and I have zero trust in the club so I can't get worked up. If it turns out to be an extension of the original fraud it's just business as usual. If he comes, he's overshadowed by Pirlo.

Reactions: BxLio91 and Kjbert

We haven't officially signed Frank yet is my guess. His contract with MC runs out 6/30 and we cannot sign him until he is on a free.

We haven't officially signed Frank yet is my guess. His contract with MC runs out 6/30 and we cannot sign him until he is on a free.
According to the NY Times, Claudio Reyna announced his "this time for real" signing in a press conference in January:

"To quell the outcry, Lampard finally signed a contract with New York City F.C. this week, according to team’s sporting director, Claudio Reyna. That deal stipulates Lampard will join N.Y.C.F.C. on July 1.​

“He signed a standard M.L.S. contract,” Reyna said in a telephone interview Friday, his first public comments since the announcement on Dec. 31 that Lampard would staying at Manchester City through the end of the Premier League season. “Frank is very committed to N.Y.C.F.C. and is eager to join us as soon as possible to build a strong club.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/10/s...ell-join-new-york-city-fc-in-summer.html?_r=0

And yet there he is not on the official MLS transaction list. Again, my best guess is he will be here because further fraud is unimaginable, but I thought the same in December.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.