Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in Lampard's skillset makes him an effective #10? Can anyone explain that to me? I don't see it.

I agree with you, but think you missing the point. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I will.

I think the point is that we are looking at top leagues that actually have real #10s. We don't have one. The closest we have to anyone that could match that skill set is Villa, not saying he is, but that is the closest we have. You want to talk about potential...maybe Mix or Poku could develop into a decent #10 in this league. When you talk about us lacking that and consider Pirlo or Lampard coming, things get dicey. Neither hit all the check marks right now...but if you want to speak about their abilities...vision, passing, intelligence, movement, shot power, accuracy come to mind. In a distribution role, yes they fit the bill and both are above and beyond anything we have in that role...but neither could or would look to go one on one and try to breakdown a defense. Their agility and acceleration are not up there either. Regardless...Pirlo is best suited to play deep and Lampard is best suited to stay in the middle and not play too far up. I wouldn't put Lampard out on the wings, he's too slow for that. I'd rather try and develop Mix for that #10 role.
4-3-1-2 Pirlo Jacobson Lampard, playing very narrow, clogging up that center, especially now that we have real fullbacks. Jacobson could hustle back and help out the CB's, Lampard can push the ball up and Pirlo can stay anchored. Let Mix or Poku work that CAM role...or put Poku up top with Villa...But this is getting way off track. The bottom line is we need strikers - a target man and a pace whore. Is that Nemec and Shelton already? Too bad Tony Taylor went down, was looking forward to seeing what he could do. And a CB is essential. Upgrade hernandez or add depth...him or Facey go down we're in trouble back there.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone German. CFG seems to want to place big name European players on our team. We have England (Lampard), Spain (Villa), Italy (Pirlo). Germany would be the next big market to draw from. Or the Netherlands.

I'm hoping someone German. CFG seems to want to place big name European players on our team. We have England (Lampard), Spain (Villa), Italy (Pirlo). Germany would be the next big market to draw from. Or the Netherlands.
Schweinsteiger. He's taking a small salary this year and next, and will be paid $32 mm in 2017. MLS heads explode everywhere.

I wonder if hugo almeida would sign as a non dp.

whats bobby zamora up to these days lol .

Last edited:
Don Garber would have such a Lampard-on if Lampard, Pirlo, and everyone else was able to play in the match on Sunday. "Oh those rating, yeah" - Don Garber.

Don Garber would have such a Lampard-on if Lampard, Pirlo, and everyone else was able to play in the match on Sunday. "Oh those rating, yeah" - Don Garber.
Oh that's totally happening. Garber rewrote the transfer rules and sued the FBI to pressure FIFA to allow it.

Totally.

Rumors we're announcing 2 new signings this week Prilo and....

That means more roster waivers...
So who gets the CFG AXE...
JasonVoorhees-Axe.gif

My guess in this order
Connor Brandt (Hasn't played)
Pablo Alverez (International spot)
Adem Nemec (International spot and lack of production)
Kwame (Consistently makes awful plays)
Grabavoy (Salary)

Reactions: NickA
Rumors we're announcing 2 new signings this week Prilo and....

That means more roster waivers...
So who gets the CFG AXE...
JasonVoorhees-Axe.gif

My guess in this order
Connor Brandt (Hasn't played)
Pablo Alverez (International spot)
Adem Nemec (International spot and lack of production)
Kwame (Consistently makes awful plays)
Grabavoy (Salary)

With you on Brandt he looked like he was about to cry at the autograph signing when I asked him how he was doing and when he thought he'd get back to training. He said things just weren't going as planned. Also Kwame and Nemec make my eyes bleed and I refuse to allow my phone's dictionary to learn their names because I can't wait to never have to spell them again.

I keep hearing the second player is a striker...why isn't it Friday yet :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.