Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With you on Brandt he looked like he was about to cry at the autograph signing when I asked him how he was doing and when he thought he'd get back to training. He said things just weren't going as planned. Also Kwame and Nemec make my eyes bleed and I refuse to allow my phone's dictionary to learn their names because I can't wait to never have to spell them again.

I keep hearing the second player is a striker...why isn't it Friday yet :eek:

Kelechi or Pozo from the Man City academy would be tasty.. We can´t rely on Villa all the time :cool:

Reactions: leilanikali420
looks like man city are set to sign enes unal an 18 year old turkish "wonder kid". Possible loanee?
I'd be great with that, but I'd be even happier with the rumored Patrick Roberts move to MCFC. That kid's 18 and he'd immediately be one of the two or three best dribblers in MLS.

Edit: He's tiny, but an MLS loan would teach him how to combat physicality at a young age.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I'd be great with that, but I'd be even happier with the rumored Patrick Roberts move to MCFC. That kid's 18 and he'd immediately be one of the two or three best dribblers in MLS.

Edit: He's tiny, but an MLS loan would teach him how to combat physicality at a young age.

Yeah Ive seen him play. Kinda reminds me of thommy thompson a bit, a more finished product than him tho.

No way will it be Kelechi, pretty confident he'll be one of City's 3 first-team strikers along with Aguero and Bony.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yeah Ive seen him play. Kinda reminds me of thommy thompson a bit, a more finished product than him tho.
Thought the same. I love Thompson as a player - we were both at Indiana U around the same time. Fantastic player to watch.

But Roberts is a considerably more skilled dribbler on the run than Thompson at this stage. Thompson's short space ball control is unbelievable - really. But trying to beat a defender 1 on 1, I'd take Roberts every day of the week.

Thought the same. I love Thompson as a player - we were both at Indiana U around the same time. Fantastic player to watch.

But Roberts is a considerably more skilled dribbler on the run than Thompson at this stage. Thompson's short space ball control is unbelievable - really. But trying to beat a defender 1 on 1, I'd take Roberts every day of the week.

Not to get off track here, but the thing about tommy thompson is he is unlucky enough to be stuck at san jose, if he was on a better team I think he would be more refined. Look at lletget thriving for la.

To bad tommy thompson can't come to a real team like ours ; )

Reactions: Kjbert
Not to get off track here, but the thing about tommy thompson is he is unlucky enough to be stuck at san jose, if he was on a better team I think he would be more refined. Look at lletget thriving for la.

To bad tommy thompson can't come to a real team like ours ; )
I really like the Earthquakes, and cheer for them when they're not playing us. I've got family out there, and I was at the first match at Avaya.

But you're absolutely right that being in San Jose is absolutely terrible for his career. He's not a Dom Kinnear kind of player.

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, "Sorry to get off topic"? This entire thread has become one big off-topic thread. :p

Last edited:
Cody Cropper has turned down the Revs. Heart is still in England.

Look at the Revs trying to make moves though. Very interesting to me. I wonder what's going on up there - went and got Jones last year - even cheated to get him. They were aggressive in bringing back Agudelo. Then Packwood and now Cropper.

Looking at the squad I think our two 'problem' areas are at Striker and CB, a long term injury in either areas could cause some serious headaches, if its true about this money we still have left over I'd want to scout out a youngish ball playing CB, I can't imagine the wages would be particularly high and honestly considering our 3rd and 4th choices I don't see it be overly hard to improve the area with some decent scouting. The potential in having Facey and another being able to play it out from the back to Pirlo/Lampard/Mix would make us pretty damned devastating, we could launch counter attacks in the blink on an eye.

Strikers meanwhile i'd be fine with a short term solution in getting a MCFC loanee until the season is over and we can look to move on Nemec and Taylor.

Reactions: NickA
I've wanted Kelechi since last summer when he ran through America scoring at will, but apparently he had been told not to come to MLS. Maybe Shay can give him a good sales pitch.
Kelechi would be phenomenal at NYCFC he has the makings to become a world class striker. He would be great if we could get him on loan and buy out option with City having the option to buy him back or first choice if he were to be sold in the future.

Apparently he'll be loaned out to Derby which I would prefer to see him link up at NYCFC with his U21 team mates. He would be great to play behind Villa or on the wings.
Pozo was pretty good in his few appearances this past season with Man City. And there are advantages to having him at Derby. For one it keeps him on "England time" as opposed to having him on the American season's offset schedule. It also has him getting full-time play in the English system, as opposed to him getting very little playing time at Man City or having him here playing a bit of a different game.

The difference between Pozo and Facey could be that Man City feels Pozo's ready with perhaps a little seasoning and experience whereas Facey was possibly more of an experiment (which seems to be working out well I'd say). If Pozo does well at Derby in the upcoming season he could be full-time first team for City the following year. If Facey does well this year for us there's the option to have Man City claim him back for next year or for him to stay here and do great things for us on a more permanent basis.

Lots of good possibilities either way as they're both young and both very good.

Pozo was pretty good in his few appearances this past season with Man City. And there are advantages to having him at Derby. For one it keeps him on "England time" as opposed to having him on the American season's offset schedule. It also has him getting full-time play in the English system, as opposed to him getting very little playing time at Man City or having him here playing a bit of a different game.

The difference between Pozo and Facey could be that Man City feels Pozo's ready with perhaps a little seasoning and experience whereas Facey was possibly more of an experiment (which seems to be working out well I'd say). If Pozo does well at Derby in the upcoming season he could be full-time first team for City the following year. If Facey does well this year for us there's the option to have Man City claim him back for next year or for him to stay here and do great things for us on a more permanent basis.

Lots of good possibilities either way as they're both young and both very good.

Yeah you're absolutely right. It pained me to see that Pozo wasn't breaking in the first team as much as people would like him too but definitely agree with him playing in England he and should he get the adequate game time he needs he could definitely be playing first team on a constant basis than he is now. I feel like City should start to do this with more of their players in general instead of loaning them out to difference countries and instead loan them within the BPL and Championship so they can become more accustomed to the physical and mental aspect of English football.

Don't forget that many of these top young players have international aspirations. I'm really surprised to see Anagelino on loan here. Like Pozo, future Spanish regular.

These guys don't, and shouldn't want to be, far from European soil.

Reactions: sbrylski
Don't forget that many of these top young players have international aspirations. I'm really surprised to see Anagelino on loan here. Like Pozo, future Spanish regular.

These guys don't, and shouldn't want to be, far from European soil.

What helps is that they're young and at this moment don't have a possibility at representing their nations especially Spain because of all the superstar players. Players that are from Spain decent won't be seeing first team Spain action for quite a while because of the current flock of players and Spain is entering it's golden age with players such as Iniesta, Pique, Busquets, Negredo, etc. By them being loaned out to teams like NYCFC it at least gives them first team minutes that will allow them to grow. A lot of these players have the skills necessary to represent their individual nations but if they're from countries that represent the top 15-20 even top 40 in the FIFA rankings chances are they won't see that for a good couple of years, not unless they have a stellar season and catch the attention of not only major scouts but national team coaches as well such as Odegaard from Norway.

I hope this is true. This is a guy who won the 2015 Footballer of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and Absa Premiership Defender of the Season, playing for the Kaiser Chiefs. He's only 30, so he's got a few good seasons in him.

He could be a very strong defender for us, if this is true. He just signed a deal with Adidas, so an MLS move makes sense.

Edit: His agent did just say five hours ago that he hasn't had any offers yet, though. http://citizen.co.za/411088/agent-no-offer-yet-for-mashamaite/

Edit 2: In this video filmed in May, sounds like he feels his career is winding down early. I'm doubting this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin and PB3
Status
Not open for further replies.