Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me. I'd take Austin, Frisco, Nola, hell, even Chicago.

Basically, Miami is on my "not live-able" list.

Well, when I said New York, Los Angeles and Miami it was in the context of where European top players are willing to live..

Reactions: Kjbert
Those aren't cities, those are playgrounds.
LUQCvp0.jpg

maybe we can go for adams valentin diomande- he is currently coached by non other than bob bradley… I am sure diomande wouldn't mind leaving norway to play with villa, pirlo, lampard and mix.

How does this shit bird feel about Miami?

Ahhh

Hoboken born, Hoboken bred, when I die, I'll be Hoboken dead.

Lol but I do love those 3 cities.

Let´s face it.. apart from Las Vegas that is the only three cities where you are likely to even see a top player on vacation. Beckham knows his onions :cool:

Reactions: Ryan_Kost12
Let´s face it.. apart from Las Vegas that is the only three cities where you are likely to even see a top player on vacation. Beckham knows his onions :cool:
You might see them in Chicago as well... They certainly won't be playing for that laughing stock of a club that Chicago has at the moment.

Reactions: PVieira21
Did he say it somewhat seriously or with a huge grin? At least he knows we exist. This is the positive of going after big names. The exposure we get for signing Villa, Frank, and going after Xavi and Pirlo. We're more likely to attract big time players with names like our DPs wearing our crest than some young no name DP who flopped in the Romanian 2nd division.

He definitely knew who we are. New York City must be attractive for big shot internationals. Even with 4 babes at his table, he didn't smile once... must be a German thing.

He definitely knew who we are. New York City must be attractive for big shot internationals. Even with 4 babes at his table, he didn't smile once... must be a German thing.
Wel, it must be hard to smile when you're rich, super fit, famous and still can't do a damn thing about being ugly as hell.

Bayern Munich is selling Julian Green for the right price. I doubt we can afford him or his wages as a non-DP, and I doubt he would come to MLS at this point in his career, but you never know. I'd blue myself. Even after this past season of his I am still a fanboy lol.

Bayern Munich is selling Julian Green for the right price. I doubt we can afford him or his wages as a non-DP, and I doubt he would come to MLS at this point in his career, but you never know. I'd blue myself. Even after this past season of his I am still a fanboy lol.

So now Chicharito, Dos Santos, Johannsen and Julian Green are all available.

Twellman said that MLS is working on a new mechanism for Chicharito and Dos Santos. The money is there from certain owners to buy these players. Columbus/Colorado/RSL wouldn't be happy if there was a 4th DP. Probably not New England or DCU either.

But those 4 guys bring more eyeballs and higher gates if they play here. Garber needs to find this new "mechanism" to get these guys here.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Twellman said that MLS is working on a new mechanism for Chicharito and Dos Santos. The money is there from certain owners to buy these players. Columbus/Colorado/RSL wouldn't be happy if there was a 4th DP. Probably not New England or DCU either.

But those 4 guys bring more eyeballs and higher gates if they play here. Garber needs to find this new "mechanism" to get these guys here.

Twellman's info here is so vague that it's practically useless. For example, when will this new mechanism be in place? Are they having real talks, or is this just some official spouting off about how the league would like to have a "mechanism" to sign more guys like that? I don't have my hopes up for any real new mechanisms that we can use anytime soon.

Signing Chicharito or Dos Santos would be monstrous for teams like Houston, Chicago, any of the California teams, etc. for areas that have large Mexican populations.

Reactions: Kjbert and The Toe
I'll try to limit myself to topics that I don't think have been covered.

Celebrations. Watch how the RB celebrate each of their goals vs how we do. The whole team comes together. They are clearly thrilled not just for the goal but for one another. Our team never has more than 2-3 players who come to the celebration.

I'm not a Kreis hater but I do offer this as constructive criticism. The team hasn't bonded. They love YS. They love us. They may have a player or two on the team they really like. But as a group they are not bonded.

That's a coach's job.

Poku. I love this guy. No question about it.

But. And please don't everyone grab your pitchforks just yet.

Here is the rawness that I observe. In this game he got regularly exposed for over dribbling and a more than occasional clumsy touch.

I'm not saying he shouldn't start. But those are developmental weaknesses that need to be addressed.

Decision making. Kreis seemed to play the decisions he made prior to the game. Some people are like that. They struggle to change their minds on decisions that made lots of sense when they made them. I think that's what happened with the Calle sub. And that's what happened with us playing the same strategy to start the second as we did to end the first.

Reactions: sbrylski and Paul
Adrenaline. We came out with it. And we played it out of our system half way through the first half. We never got that energy back.

Unfortunately this is also a coach's job. Know how to manage big games and big atmospheres.

Related: Momentum. If TMac reaches that cross for a brace inside of 10 minutes. If Wingert finishes. If Mix shoots instead of passing to Villa. At 2 or 3-0 the adrenaline lasts a lot longer. Missing multiple golden chances sucks the adrenaline right out of you and gives it to your opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.