Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now Chicharito, Dos Santos, Johannsen and Julian Green are all available.

Twellman said that MLS is working on a new mechanism for Chicharito and Dos Santos. The money is there from certain owners to buy these players. Columbus/Colorado/RSL wouldn't be happy if there was a 4th DP. Probably not New England or DCU either.

But those 4 guys bring more eyeballs and higher gates if they play here. Garber needs to find this new "mechanism" to get these guys here.

The idea that I saw from a few people was having a CONCACAF DP slot as the 4th DP.

And finally a little ray of sunshine. I never video. For some reason I did for this one shining moment. Props to AJ for being involved in a goal for the first time this season.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Signing Chicharito or Dos Santos would be monstrous for teams like Houston, Chicago, any of the California teams, etc. for areas that have large Mexican populations.

This can't be understated enough. My girlfriend is Mexican and lives in California. When I was out there the two most iconic figures it seemed were Our Lady of Guadeloupe and Chicharito. It will also greatly increase viewership in Mexico.

The idea that I saw from a few people was having a CONCACAF DP slot as the 4th DP.

Can't happen, for the same reason that Canadians are treated as international players for US-based teams. It is illegal for a US company to discriminate based on nationality. We can't treat players from Ghana differently than players from Costa Rica. The only two classifications we can treat differently are: (1) US Citizens, and (2) Rest of the World.

This can't be understated enough. My girlfriend is Mexican and lives in California. When I was out there the two most iconic figures it seemed were Our Lady of Guadeloupe and Chicharito. It will also greatly increase viewership in Mexico.
I have been saying for years that the MLS does not do enough to promote to our Hispanic culture. we really need to have Calle and Velasquez do a spot in Spanish and play it on Univision or Telemundo to get people from ALL over NYC to YS.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I have been saying for years that the MLS does not do enough to promote to our Hispanic culture. we really need to have Calle and Velasquez do a spot in Spanish and play it on Univision or Telemundo to get people from ALL over NYC to YS.

Is that kind of racist? I don't know but I'm Irish with a little Italian. If someone on NBC marketed to "white people" with a Godfather type commercial, it wouldn't interest me. If it's some mick with a thick brogue, I'm in.

That and these two players are nobodies.

Since Nemec was noticeably not there, it's begs to ask where is our big strong holding striker. We need one bad. We have no target man. Especially with a physical defense like RB we needed that. There is nobody to draw the double and sometimes triple team away from villa. I would have even been ok with Nemec in there yesterday. Im very hopeful Angelino is the goods from what I've seen in videos. I can't say it enough, our fullbacks suck. That hurts our defense AND offense. Now that that's solved. Where's are big man coming from?

Reactions: Kjbert
Is that kind of racist? I don't know but I'm Irish with a little Italian. If someone on NBC marketed to "white people" with a Godfather type commercial, it wouldn't interest me. If it's some mick with a thick brogue, I'm in.

That and these two players are nobodies.
He's not saying dress them in sombreros and have them appear with a mariachi band, but doing spots telling people to come thru yankee stadium to watch games or have them appear regularly local Spanish TV helps. They had Villa appear on those channels and I'm sure it drew people. Having them appear regularly drills into people that were the local team.

Forget ethnicities..you know what draws fans? Winning.
tumblr_lhtjh5pnOw1qfaxs0o1_400.gif

Reactions: NickA
Status
Not open for further replies.