Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen some tweets about Daniele De Rossi for the summer. Some of them mention red bull too. May be a case of confusing the two. im positive its us.
As of now, just as Giuseppe Rossi, the level they are playing at in Italy, not to count the money they're making, is too good.

Some Italian media are running the story as well. As I said about a page ago I think there is a high chance he comes to MLS one day. And Roma would let him go if he asked.

As a Roma fan I'd be both happy and sad. But he'd be the perfect midfielder. Extremely dynamic with a great ability to win the ball in the midfield and has a very underrated passing game IMO. He could play anywhere in a dimand midfield besides the 10 role

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a flood of Italian players in MLS and EPL.

The financial struggles of the Italian clubs can't be overstated.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a flood of Italian players in MLS and EPL.

The financial struggles of the Italian clubs can't be overstated.
Roma just got a new North American owner, who is also the owner of the impact. If MLS could go to get there salary cap to maybe $30 mil within the next five years and reach over $1 billion (which so far it would do in ten years but they could get there faster) then MLS could get Serie A's spot as a destination league. Which would be the goal. Surpass 1 or 2 of the European league. Serie A is the most ripe for picking out of Europe's big 5.

Post on reddit by MLSsocceritalia:

Ok, I run the story, let me explain it. De Rossi costs to AS Roma about €10mln/y (5 to the player plus taxes) plus bonuses (about 2mln). He's the most paid player in Serie A. But not the best. ASR would be happy to get rid of his huge contract, money they can use in a better way (he's no Totti, even on the fans'side). He's an important choice for Garcia, not the first choice. De Rossi keeps ending on the news because of the bad Environment that surrounds him in Rome. His fiancee would be happy to move to Nyc. He speaks english. His daughter, the reason he never moved before, is old enough now, and with his ex wife at home arrest he has full custody. He has a contract until 2017. At NYCFC could get another year at the same level. Plus some money from ASR to say bye. His agent is extremely trusted at Man City, and they're talking for real. Furthermore, for Berti would be the only and last chance to make money out of De Rossi. Last, he would never go to another European club for respect to his fans. I anyway see this happening after Euro 2016.

Reactions: Kjbert and whill4
Roma just got a new North American owner, who is also the owner of the impact. If MLS could go to get there salary cap to maybe $30 mil within the next five years and reach over $1 billion (which so far it would do in ten years but they could get there faster) then MLS could get Serie A's spot as a destination league. Which would be the goal. Surpass 1 or 2 of the European league. Serie A is the most ripe for picking out of Europe's big 5.
I know attendance is down in Italy but I don't think America has the soccer audience Italy has, does it?

Reactions: Kjbert
I know attendance is down in Italy but I don't think America has the soccer audience Italy has, does it?
audience isn't the only thing you for when you want to grow a league if can pay more then we can get better quality of player, better quality soccer and even with 20k-30k seat stadiums if MLS grows Viewers tv money will always be more than gate money. That will make the league more powerful and bigger draw for American and international players in their prime.

Not bad, MLS averages about 20k in attendance per game, with Seattle leading the league averaging about 45k per game. Average attendance has continued to rise most years as well.
Didn't know that. Looks like an extremely bright future for MLS then. I agree we should target the possible Italain exodus.

Reactions: USAfan6
Serie A is down but it will eventually bounce back. It wasn't that long ago when it was considered the best league in the world. It's just in a similar state that the Bundesliga was in about 12 years ago. But teams are finally starting to look to build their own stadiums and invest in youth.

Even with all its blemishes I think MLS has a long, long ways to go to surpass it.

Didn't know that. Looks like an extremely bright future for MLS then. I agree we should target the possible Italain exodus.

Don't count on that exodus. 45 % of Italian men under 40 still live at home. Its a different society. The guy who cut my hair for the last 12 years just went back to Italy. The guys at the barber shop said he wanted to leave since day 1 but had to save enough$ to add on to his parents house.

Serie A is down but it will eventually bounce back. It wasn't that long ago when it was considered the best league in the world. It's just in a similar state that the Bundesliga was in about 12 years ago. But teams are finally starting to look to build their own stadiums and invest in youth.

Even with all its blemishes I think MLS has a long, long ways to go to surpass it.
Yes it is still the number 5 and there is no doubt about that, but if their top player is making $7 mil a year that what Clint Dempsey is making in Seattle. What MLS has do is show top American players (I believe it is 65% of MLS teams are Americans) and International player in there prime (lets just say 25-32) that they can make that here and play there prime years in the US and Canada and not do it at a discount. Cause we only have a handful of players making over $1 million.

Reactions: Kjbert
Actually, American part-owner of the Boston Celtics, James Pallotta, bought AS Roma 2-3 years ago. Joey Saputo, Canadian owner of the Montreal Impact and American Joe Tacopina just bought Bologna. DC United owner, Indoensian Erick Thohir bought Inter earlier this year.

Reactions: Kjbert and whill4
Status
Not open for further replies.