Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm not aware of what happened to NASL.
So is the idea of a low salary cap to secure survival to slowly grow the league?
Well, first off the salary cap has a bunch loopholes built into it. It only counts the top 18 or 20 paid players, there's money called allocation money which basically increases your salary cap, the designated players only count a small fraction of their salaries against the cap, I'm pretty sure "homegrown" players get a cap break as well.

Most teams spend quite a bit over the cap.

Well, first off the salary cap has a bunch loopholes built into it. It only counts the top 18 or 20 paid players, there's money called allocation money which basically increases your salary cap, the designated players only count a small fraction of their salaries against the cap, I'm pretty sure "homegrown" players get a cap break as well.

Most teams spend quite a bit over the cap.
So what prevents NYCFC or another club from exploiting all the loopholes and getting great players?

Reactions: Kjbert
Nothing.

Really, I kinda understand why they did it (they did it so they can break their own rules when it was convenient) but when people see that the cap is only 3 million they think its a worse league than it is.

The top spenders in the league are knocking on the door of $20 million in wages. I won't be surprised if NYCFC is around $40 million by the end of the 2015 season even if the cap is only ~$6 million...

Nothing.

Really, I kinda understand why they did it (they did it so they can break their own rules when it was convenient) but when people see that the cap is only 3 million they think its a worse league than it is.

The top spenders in the league are knocking on the door of $20 million in wages. I won't be surprised if NYCFC is around $40 million by the end of the 2015 season even if the cap is only ~$6 million...
Oh alright, I understand thanks! That is kind of what I thought.

I just don't see why increasing how much clubs could spend on players wouldn't help attract more talent.

Oh alright, I understand thanks! That is kind of what I thought.

I just don't see why increasing how much clubs could spend on players wouldn't help attract more talent.
It would, but attracting world class talent isn't the league's top priority right now. It's measured growth.

Whether that's a good plan or not is a totally different argument.

It would, but attracting world class talent isn't the league's top priority right now. It's measured growth.

Whether that's a good plan or not is a totally different argument.
Makes sense. In the last few years has there been a good amount of measured growth?
In other words, is the plan working?

There's been A LOT of DP spendimg already in the offseason by the smaller clubs, this (I believe) tells me that there's going to be a lot more spending next year.

Houston grabs Torres.
Chicago outbids EPL clubs for a young African player.
New England grabs Jermaine Jones.
Montreal is buying a bunch of DPs.

These guys didn't used to spend like this...

Reactions: Paul
Hey Fabio. Love the enthusiasm but we do try and keep topics in line. I'm going to move this to Player suggestions/rumors thread. This section is only for real news/rumors from the club.

DeRossi please. I really hope the club announces a new big signing soon, which hopefully isn't just going to put some gloss over the bigger issues at hand.

Reactions: USAfan6 and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.