Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need CB cover but this new signing screams "I'm going to get hurt". Hopefully I'm just paranoid. But we do need defensive cover. At this rate, only Hernandez will have the starting spot of the back 4.

No new striker news though?

eh. Know nothing about this league, except that...I know nothing about this league. Could be a league worse than the USL for all we know.

Interesting that they would get the best defensive player in that league - but this is also a guy who didn't make the World Cup Squad in 2010 and has only made 8 international appearances.
Sounds better than Wingert and KWS already. Sign this fucker up ASAP.

Some folks are all about the devil they know over the one they don't. Given that we're a pigeon's asshole from worst in the league, I don't mind being experimental.

To hell with the old, let me see someone else who sucks. At worst, I'll make a new song.

#traditions

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Just reflecting back. This was at the Houston game in May. Before the rumors went mainstream. They were being discussed on these forums. So we made this sign. (With Blatter Must Go on back.)

obuv16o.jpg

Walking around the stadium with this we got some people yelling approval. Some were clearly hearing this as a possibility for the very first time. And some haters hated.

But at the tail end of 11 games winless this gave us something to have fun with and be excited about. And walking around the stadium with our sign and our Pirlo masks was a blast.

I can't wait for the announcement. At the time when people asked, I predicted that it was going to happen within a few days after CL final. Whoops.

But what a great month the not knowing has given us.

Thanks CFG. And thanks Andrea. Can't wait to see you in blue.

Re: Mashamaite, a user on Reddit from South Africa posted his take:

Tefu Mashamaite was the best defender in PSL the previous season, he played every single match for Kaizer Chiefs and got booked only at the last game of the season, he is 30 years old nd he couldn't agree terms with my team and chiefs decided to release him as they claim his demands were ridiculous, PSL is one of the best league in Africa, personally he will do good but the speed will be his challenge as the game there is a bit fast than here!

Not the most insightful or detailed, but nice to read an opinion from a local.

Reactions: Kjbert
wonder if we can make a play for sean davis. I think he is going to be a fine mls player.
Also, would like to see us sign tim parker. He is a center back who was drafted by vancouver this year and he is a new yorker as well. He was the number 13 pick. I think he would give instant depth to our weak center back pool.

Watch this video of sean davis, look how he is able to get out of traffic with 2-3 players around him and keep possession. Also takes a pretty good free kick. Would learn so much from lampard, mix and pirlo. His ability to get out traffic almost reminds me of pirlo's ability to turn and keep possession. Of course, getting him would probably cost a lot, especially us being their rivals. He would deff not come cheap, but he would be worth it. I rate him very highly as you can tell.

Last edited:
wonder if we can make a play for sean davis. I think he is going to be a fine mls player.
Also, would like to see us sign tim parker. He is a center back who was drafted by vancouver this year and he is a new yorker as well. He was the number 13 pick. I think he would give instant depth to our weak center back pool.

Watch this video of sean davis, look how he is able to get out of traffic with 2-3 players around him and keep possession. Also takes a pretty good free kick. Would learn so much from lampard, mix and pirlo. His ability to get out traffic almost reminds me of pirlo's ability to turn and keep possession. Of course, getting him would probably cost a lot, especially us being their rivals. He would deff not come cheap, but he would be worth it. I rate him very highly as you can tell.

Would he be subject to the MLS draft (as a college guy)?

Would he be subject to the MLS draft (as a college guy)?

No he is playing with red bulls now as a home grown. Has a goal in the open cup and an assist vs real salt lake in mls play. He is quietely having a good rookie season. If i was red bull, id find a way to start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.