Official Vent Thread

I don't know if it's just me or not, but twitter has changed and won't allow me to view posts that require clicking on them to view the entire content of the post.

last week, I could click on a post, view photos, etc with no issues. now, when i try to do that it splashes a pop up telling me to join. when I close it, it sends me back to the main feed.

very annoying.

Fuck cancer. Took a family friend at around the age of 50.

I'm half way to that age. Crazy to think about these things sometimes.
Fuck cancer indeed. I also lost a close friend (she was in her 50s) this summer. I'm not fully processing it yet. I can't shake the feeling that i'm waiting for her call.

Sorry for your loss

I don't know if it's just me or not, but twitter has changed and won't allow me to view posts that require clicking on them to view the entire content of the post.

last week, I could click on a post, view photos, etc with no issues. now, when i try to do that it splashes a pop up telling me to join. when I close it, it sends me back to the main feed.

very annoying.
In between your post and today I saw other reports of the same thing. It appears Twitter is now like Facebook in that it makes it difficult to see even public content unless you are signed in. The report(s) I saw - and I don't remember where I saw them but I expect they are by now findable - did mention some work-arounds. But IRC those work-arounds were not particularly elegant.

Reactions: CatNYC
In between your post and today I saw other reports of the same thing. It appears Twitter is now like Facebook in that it makes it difficult to see even public content unless you are signed in. The report(s) I saw - and I don't remember where I saw them but I expect they are by now findable - did mention some work-arounds. But IRC those work-arounds were not particularly elegant.

I started visiting twitter with an incognito tab and that seems to eliminate the issue for now. had the same issue with instagram before and incognito worked for awhile but that no longer works. so i guess it's a matter of time before twitter catches up too.

Reactions: mgarbowski
It was nuts.

We are in a low lying area of Bronxville. In 2011, Irene dumped 12" of rain and flooded the school next door as well as our basement and garage. Fortunately, FEMA and the Village finished a big flood mitigation project, which kept this one from getting out of hand. Still, water was coming up out of the storm drains and into our street. It washed through our back yard and carried a bunch of things about 50 yards to a back driveway. I found one of my kid's soccer goals back there.

It was nuts.

We are in a low lying area of Bronxville. In 2011, Irene dumped 12" of rain and flooded the school next door as well as our basement and garage. Fortunately, FEMA and the Village finished a big flood mitigation project, which kept this one from getting out of hand. Still, water was coming up out of the storm drains and into our street. It washed through our back yard and carried a bunch of things about 50 yards to a back driveway. I found one of my kid's soccer goals back there.
that sucks :/ One thing I'm confused about is whether "Fortunately" etc. is referring to this time ,or back in 2011.

It was eerie driving through Westchester and Queens today seeing all the abandoned cars on the side of the road. Some of them had their windows open, presumably to be able to get out of their cars since they were probably feet deep in water. Really felt like a movie/show at some points zigging and zagging through abandoned cars on some side streets.

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

That's what I mean, wtf?

One hypothesis: Their PR team completely changed a few weeks ago, and maybe that's one of the things that's fallen through the cracks?

Or it's that the attendance numbers have been so bad that they're not releasing it.

One hypothesis: Their PR team completely changed a few weeks ago, and maybe that's one of the things that's fallen through the cracks?

Or it's that the attendance numbers have been so bad that they're not releasing it.
The Blue City Radio podcast guys, including Mike Allen below, mention 21,000 attendance -- tickets distributed -- for Saturday's match. Didn't sound like anything they had to seek out.
And 2,000 for the midweek FC Dallas game earlier in the month, with the caveat that Crooks and others estimated the actual crowd at more like 300. So the numbers are out there, if not on mlssoocer.com as before.

SoupInNYC Any idea whether the attendance figures are part of in-game or postgame communications with media members?

ETA: Here is the podcast, for those interested. Discussion starts at 8:04 and lasts for just over a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski